What's new

How would you change MK9 in a potential remaster?

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I would change the graphics. Like either try and at least use the models from mk11 for the characters that are in both games. You could palette swap scorpion or sub for reptile and smoke and palette swap cyrax or sector for cyber sub. For the others make new models.

Either that or "de-make" the models and game to where it looks like mk1-3.

IlluvialCE

Ruler of the Skies
Kitana and Mileena have different outfits though, even if calling what the female ninjas in this game wear "outfits" is all that applicable

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
People in this thread are acting like we are going to play nothing but top tier talent online. People just doing crazy crisp Nomad Dash cancels and expertly zoning with Kenshi or Freddy.

Boo hoo, the game is broken in many aspects. Are we also going to claim that a remastered MVC2 with proper netcode wouldn't sell like a motherfucker? People find these games fun.

I'm so sick of so many acting like people aren't allowed to enjoy MK9 or MKX. They feel like MK to me, unlike our current borefest of a game.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
People in this thread are acting like we are going to play nothing but top tier talent online. People just doing crazy crisp Nomad Dash cancels and expertly zoning with Kenshi or Freddy.

Boo hoo, the game is broken in many aspects. Are we also going to claim that a remastered MVC2 with proper netcode wouldn't sell like a motherfucker? People find these games fun.

I'm so sick of so many acting like people aren't allowed to enjoy MK9 or MKX. They feel like MK to me, unlike our current borefest of a game.
When are they gonna make it legal to play MKX again?

IlluvialCE

Ruler of the Skies

No one said you couldn't enjoy it lmao stop conflating criticism of a game you like with some weird form of bullying. I lot of the people criticizing MK9 in this thread have said they're gonna play it anyways.

Also MvC2 DID get a remastered release with rollback netcode along with almost every other Marvel fighting game and they all sold alright. But honestly MK9 is a very different type of game and a very different type of broken.

It doesn't matter if EVERYONE online is Top 16 top tier playing royalty. The fact is that MORE people will be doing that then before and will be doing it far better than they used to

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Kitana and Mileena have different outfits though, even if calling what the female ninjas in this game wear "outfits" is all that applicable
So, MK9 only had two costumes per character, MK11 has a few different costumes per character with a lot of color options. So what you could do is use Scorpion and his "Reptile" skin in MK11 for MK9 Reptile in a potential remaster.

I figure that if it was at all possible to do a graphical upgrade of MK9 and export the MK11 models into the game, re-using the existing ninjas for Smoke, Ermac, and Reptile and maybe either Sektor or Cyrax for Cyber Sub would be a quick and easy way to get those characters done so they can spend more time making a new models for the characters that aren't in MK11.

Either do this or "downgrade" the graphics to where it looks like MK1-3. I think that would be fun too.

I wouldn't want them to really change anything gameplay-wise. Maybe fix bugs if possible, but I wouldn't count on that at all.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
For real. You have higher chances of fighting against hyperactive teleporting Scorpion and turtle Sub-Zero.

you guys just don't want to be happy do you
You sound disappointed.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Also MvC2 DID get a remastered release with rollback netcode along with almost every other Marvel fighting game and they all sold alright.
Uh.....I must have missed this because I don't recall a remastered MVC2 with rollback netcode at all. This would have been a much bigger deal if it were true.

IlluvialCE

Ruler of the Skies
For real. You have higher chances of fighting against hyperactive teleporting Scorpion and turtle Sub-Zero.
For how long though? It'll have a honeymoon for sure, but do you really expect those types of casuals to stick around in the long term if nothing in the game is changed to fix the more glaring balancing faults? MK fans have options now, they don't need to settle for this kind of game that in its current state is not very conducive to casual play online. The FGC has gotten too smart, it won't be like it used to where most people online suck ass right from the jump

IlluvialCE

Ruler of the Skies
Uh.....I must have missed this because I don't recall a remastered MVC2 with rollback netcode at all. This would have been a much bigger deal if it were true.
Hey buddy, Google is free! I don't wanna use it for you, the adventure is always the fun part after all.

I'll give you a hint though cause I like you. Go ahead and Google "Marvel Vs Capcom PS3/360 GGPO"!

Last edited:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Hey buddy, Google is free! I don't wanna use it for you, the adventure is always the fun part after all.

I'll give you a hit though cause I like you. Go ahead and Google "Marvel Vs Capcom PS3/360 GGPO"!
Marvel vs Capcom Origins? Yeah, except it's missing MvC2 lol

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

I'll give you a hit though cause I like you. Go ahead and Google "Marvel Vs Capcom PS3/360 GGPO"!
Except it didn’t come with MVC2. Like, at all.

When trying to be a smart ass makes you look like a dumbass instead. Must hurt

EDIT: lmao I find it really funny you’re preaching google yet you didn’t even use your own advice to do some research.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EDIT #2: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

IlluvialCE

Ruler of the Skies
Are y'all deadass stupid? Like fr are y'all rockin those buff brainworms rn?

"Also MvC2 DID get a remastered release with rollback netcode along with almost every other Marvel fighting game and they all sold alright."

Show me where I said they all came in a singular bundle you fuckin goofballs lmao. Just because it didn't come bundled with Origins doesn't mean it didn't happen. They all came out at the same time

I can't believe you wanna play some weird semantics angle just to try and not look weird.

Edit: its especially funny cause my sarcastic comment didn't even mention Origins nor did John's reply to me even mention anything other than MvC2

Definitely weird

xKhaoTik

Are y'all deadass stupid? Like fr are y'all rockin those buff brainworms rn?

"Also MvC2 DID get a remastered release with rollback netcode along with almost every other Marvel fighting game and they all sold alright."

Show me where I said they all came in a singular bundle you fuckin goofballs lmao. Just because it didn't come bundled with Origins doesn't mean it didn't happen. They all came out at the same time

I can't believe you wanna play some weird semantics angle just to try and not look weird.

Edit: its especially funny cause my sarcastic comment didn't even mention Origins nor did John's reply to me even mention anything other than MvC2

Definitely weird
You’re the stupid one actually
Also MvC2 DID get a remastered release with rollback netcode along with almost every other Marvel fighting game and they all sold alright.
This literally never happened. There was a release that came with ps3 but it was just the old game with online playability. Nothing about it was remastered and it was still as broke.
I'll give you a hint though cause I like you. Go ahead and Google "Marvel Vs Capcom PS3/360 GGPO"!
why would you use this to prove your argument when it’s all false? You spoke about MVC2 then mentioned this game, which has nothing to do with MVC2

so now people are calling you out for your bS and you’re trying to spin it to make us look bad when all you’re doing is making yourself look even worse. I’d just take the L if I were you. You tried

xKhaoTik

Back to things that actually matter tho,

Idk why people are making it seem like Kabal and Kenshi will be all over the place. Even if they were, none of them would be on Pig’s or Reo’s level. Kabal actually takes execution to use and even back then, it was rare to run into a Kabal on REO’s caliber.
Also, if you knew any MUs, you could outplay the player. We saw it plenty of times back then and nothing would change now

IlluvialCE

Ruler of the Skies
Back to things that actually matter tho,

Idk why people are making it seem like Kabal and Kenshi will be all over the place. Even if they were, none of them would be on Pig’s or Reo’s level. Kabal actually takes execution to use and even back then, it was rare to run into a Kabal on REO’s caliber.
Also, if you knew any MUs, you could outplay the player. We saw it plenty of times back then and nothing would change now
Kenshi online doesn't even take Pig's skill to be oppressive tbh. Couldn't imagine how it would've been to play a decent Kenshi on delay netcode but even on GGPO Kenshi and Kabal just become that much more oppressive.

The Kabal thing is just gonna be a problem for most because you don't even need to be that good with Kabal to body most people. From what I've read and seen so long as you're decent at instant air gas blast you'll body most people online cause they don't know how to deal.

It wouldn't be as bad as some would imply, absolutely. But it'll definitely be more prevalent, especially as the weeks go on and the honeymoon period wears off for the majority of folks who would likely just go back to modern titles. I feel like people on the whole have gotten better at a base level due to easier access to learning resources and more interest in becoming competent.

Last thing I'll say about this tho cause idk why googling is so hard. All of them got GGPO, not just Origins. The comment I was replying to specifically said MvC2 so just cause I didn't put the number 2 in one part of one of my comments doesn't mean I'm suddenly wrong lol

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I'm sure a game like MK9 re-mastered would sell ok, as would MVC2, especially with proper netcode. Other than the people who grew up with them though I'm not sure you're going to get many new players beyond a few tourists who just want to check the old games out.

trufenix

bye felicia
wow, so many experts in here. Yes, MvC2 got re-released, with rollback (non-ggpo, but still rollback). It was way the fuck back in 2009 right before mvc3 launched, which coincidentally did not have rollback but nobody cared. MvC2 got pulled eventually because capcom couldn't hold the license, but it didn't matter, already nobody was playing because the idea tha tpeople iwll put down brand new games to play ten year old games again has never been profitable.

The same also happened to jojo, 3rd strike, mvc1, uh.. garou, a sam sho or two, I think maybe last blade, kof2002.