What's new

Question How would the NW community feel about making a massive guide?

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I think, if this is going ahead, we should make a list of things to include, for example:
- Basics?
- Frame data
- Movement (Dash speed etc...)
- Footsie tools
- Rushdown (Frame-traps etc...)
- Zoning game
- Combos (BnBs, optimal combos etc...)
- A universally agreed upon MU Chart w/ Thorough explanations for each character
- Setups (Safe jumps, Quickstand etc...)
- Oki Pressure (Reversing wakeups etc...)
- Issues (Whiffing mids, Flipkick etc...)
- Our wakeups
- Common baits & reads (Ground spark dash cancel ~ J3 Wingdings etc...)
- Punishing

The list goes on and on... It really depends on how thorough you guys want this guide to be

I think we should skip the MU chart.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I'll only read it if written by tru talent.
"THE THING IS GUYS, IS THAT NIGHTWING IS WELLG OOD BECAUSE HE HAS PRETTY HIGH DAMAGE COMBOS UNLIKE THE FLASH

I WILL NEVER GIVE YOU PROPS FOR BEATING ME, YOUR CHARACTER IS GOD TIER AND WOT U WERE DOIN WAS EASY UNLIKE FLASH WHO IS BOTTOM TIER AND NOBODY EVER DOES WELL WITH HIM

FUCK I WISH MASHING D1 ALL THE TIME ACTUALLY WORKED"

"THE THING IS GUYS, IS THAT NIGHTWING IS WELLG OOD BECAUSE HE HAS PRETTY HIGH DAMAGE COMBOS UNLIKE THE FLASH

I WILL NEVER GIVE YOU PROPS FOR BEATING ME, YOUR CHARACTER IS GOD TIER AND WOT U WERE DOIN WAS EASY UNLIKE FLASH WHO IS BOTTOM TIER AND NOBODY EVER DOES WELL WITH HIM

FUCK I WISH MASHING D1 ALL THE TIME ACTUALLY WORKED"
Lmao. I swore you were him for a second. GOD I ONLY LOSE TO ONLINE SCRUB TACTICS. YOU CANT GET ME WITH A 50/50 OFFLINE.

Realizes 10 minutes later its all he plays..

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Stand 1 in staff is great for footsies, great for dash ins, awesome in pressure, and has multiple strings off of it. B2 for range, well spaced anti airs, tons of setups, and in general being like the only good normal he has in escrima.

Been saying this for the longest time, maybe fools will listen since your saying it. good shit

Shaazzyam

Or how about we mention the Forever King vs Shaaaaazzzzzaaaaaaaaammmm online sets 10-0 in my favor infinites
Yo, like that would ever happen. Everytime I run into you in ranked you always counterpick with Joker (dat 6-4 MU shoutouts to Quark) and still got bopped. Stop ducking me brah

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Yo, like that would ever happen. Everytime I run into you in ranked you always counterpick with Joker (dat 6-4 MU shoutouts to Quark) and still got bopped. Stop ducking me brah
Bro, wtf are you talking about? Most of the time I'm running into you in ranked me and my cousin (who doesn't even own the game btw) are taking turns playing you while passing a blunt back and forth between eachother and your still always losing lol

Shaazzyam

Bro, wtf are you talking about? Most of the time I'm running into you in ranked me and my cousin (who doesn't even own the game btw) are taking turns playing you while passing a blunt back and forth between eachother and your still always losing lol
Im just messing with you:joker:
idc about ranked matches.

But we should totally get a FT10. Im always down for good games

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I think its just weird that people only learn one part of a character because it's easier than the other.

It's like turning on your xbox to play one match of injustice, it's just pointless.
I don't even view it like that. Lol

Staff is arguably the best thing about NW. If someone wants to use only staff more power to them. If I never need to be in escrima I won't be

WhatTheGrayson

Dick mode:Engaged.
I don't even view it like that. Lol

Staff is arguably the best thing about NW. If someone wants to use only staff more power to them. If I never need to be in escrima I won't be
I think it sort of limits what you do. You also need to be in escrima for certain matchups like Killer Frost, Batgirl and someone else idk.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
What do NW players have against staff?
It's non canonical. It's a weapon Dick Grayson has no experience in using unless you count Teen Titans cartoons when he was Robin. Even when Dick was Robin he never used staff, he used bolas, wing dings, tasers, grapple hook, wrist darts, batclaw; mad gadget based. NW using staff is like Deathstroke using Escrima sticks.

Not only that, most importantly; staff goes against NW's fighting style. His style has a flowing, free form style of acrobat with mixed martial arts + mad hops. NW can jump like Michael Jordan even better. In IGAU, he jumps like Brian Scalabrine.

Don't you have some hot sauce to deliver? :DOGE

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It's non canonical. It's a weapon Dick Grayson has no experience in using unless you count Teen Titans cartoons when he was Robin. Even when Dick was Robin he never used staff, he used bolas, wing dings, tasers, grapple hook, wrist darts, batclaw; mad gadget based. NW using staff is like Deathstroke using Escrima sticks.

Not only that, most importantly; staff goes against NW's fighting style. His style has a flowing, free form style of acrobat with mixed martial arts + mad hops. NW can jump like Michael Jordan even better. In IGAU, he jumps like Brian Scalabrine.

Don't you have some hot sauce to deliver? :DOGE
Huh?

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I think, if this is going ahead, we should make a list of things to include, for example:
- Basics?
- Frame data
- Movement (Dash speed etc...)
- Footsie tools
- Rushdown (Frame-traps etc...)
- Zoning game
- Combos (BnBs, optimal combos etc...)
- A universally agreed upon MU Chart w/ Thorough explanations for each character
- Setups (Safe jumps, Quickstand etc...)
- Oki Pressure (Reversing wakeups etc...)
- Issues (Whiffing mids, Flipkick etc...)
- Our wakeups
- Common baits & reads (Ground spark dash cancel ~ J3 Wingdings etc...)
- Punishing

The list goes on and on... It really depends on how thorough you guys want this guide to be
I like this guide set up.

I think we can save the MU talk for another thread because this game is so deep with MUs. It'll be a HUGE guide if do add MU discussion in it.