What's new

How would the addition of a Kombat Pack 3 Work?

braandooon

I don't even know...
I don't know why this is so complicated, as if a considerable amount of players wouldn't just lap up any new DLC released no matter what it's labeled as.

This is the same community that swears they're done with NRS after every game/fuck-up but come running back come next reveal.
I didn't mean for this thread to be so complicated :/ I meant for it to clear up how a KP3 would work if XL is the full edition. Apparently it isn't so I guess that's why it's so confusing?

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
Well the latest October 3rd patch has already broken the threshold. Continued support is proof that there is still little hope for Kombat Pack 3 (or just a couple more characters). And NRS themselves have said they will keep a close eye on how this new patch will play out and what they can improve.

It's been 6 months since Ed has made a poll which MK characters fans wanted to see the most. Noob and Jade were the winners. We haven't heard anything since regarding that, but before it was hinted at something about "fan service". Now that could also mean just continued support by just patching whatever characters already exist in MKXL, or maybe not.

The latest kombat kast didn't konfirm OR deny the existence of more characters or content still being made. Look at games that claimed that their last version was supposedly their definitive versions. Dead or Alive 5 Last Round has over $1,000 worth of DLC, wtf. They just recently released ANOTHER character, Mai Shiranui. Since the release of that game, there have been 2 or more DLC characters, and hundreds of costumes.

Just give us Noob and Jade, they can make room on the select screen without hurting the layout too much. Maybe 1 or 2 more balance patches, then MKX can be finally done with support and I'm sure most of us would be happy.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Not judging the want power of your picks.. but Jade.. NEVER going to happen. We have Mournful Kitanna and story reasons for her being absent. Jade is just not an options, imo.

You can make a million threads with who you want in the game and who shouldn't, I think that there probably are : ) and if a 100 people post you will get 100 different answers on who is a MUST include.

All I have to say really is that I would love a new Kontent Pack and while it is getting less likely, I think there is still hope for it. The new Patch, the promise of more patches in implied, new 10K bonuses for majors still dropping. I think it is clear that there is continued support.

Personally I think IF they make a new Kombat Pack, the best thing is that Braindead will have to stick a banana up his arse : P

In my mind the biggest blow to MKx was ESL pulling out form major support. That open tournament, online with 100s of players and such a large prize pool really made MKx the kind of game that pros would have a reason to play. Many top players have stopped playing already, and that was the really hope of the spectator crowd and I'm fairly confident it is dead.

Last edited:
but Jade.. NEVER going to happen. We have Mournful Kitanna and story reasons for her being absent. Jade is just not an options, imo.
I completely agree that Jade will not be added to the game, but I'm curious as to what story reasons there are for her being absent?

As I recall, she was never mentioned once in Story Mode nor in the tie-in- comic series, and is the only revenant magically absent and unaccounted for with no explanation at all.

Did I miss something?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Isn't she dead? I thought she was dead and that is why that variation is called "mournful"?

Isn't she dead? I thought she was dead and that is why that variation is called "mournful"?
Well, Jade and almost every other "good guy" died last game, as I'm sure you're aware, but they were all brought back as revenants.

Did revenant Jade perma-die? We don't know. Not once, anywhere, is there any mention as to what happened to Jade; she's just missing from the Story and the prequel tie-in comic with no explanation.

What appears to be her ghost is in Kitana's Klassic Tower ending, but those are non-canon until proven otherwise by with the release of the next game. Variation descriptions are also not canon unless shown otherwise.

What's up with Jade is a complete mystery still, again, unless I'm missing something.

Hiyomoto

Noob
Doesn't matter if XL came out, if demand calls for KP3 then it will be made. You don't just have a part 2 without a part 3. It just doesn't work like that.