What's new

How would the addition of a Kombat Pack 3 Work?

Nedyrc

Noob
Mortal Kombat XL is the complete version of the game. No doubt about it. But with Boon teasing at a Kombat Pack 3, how would that work?

Would Kombat Pack 3 be for free? Seeing as Mortal Kombat XL has all of the skins and characters, would adding a KP3 be given to anyone who bought Mortal Kombat XL as a separate game be for free, and anyone who just recieved the XL update have to pay for it?

This has always confused me when discussions about Kombat Pack 3 begin. What are you thoughts guys?
Its not gonna be free lol. Why would wb do such a thing? I mean if it was another company, maybe. but wb is way too greedy and money hungry to give free dlc.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Didn't they also say Goro was pre-order exclusive? If they didn't say that explicitly, I think their marketing sure made it look that way.

So marketing MKXL as the complete version doesn't mean no more additions. I sort of expect a KP3, which will almost certainly be the last one, since Boon has been teasing it. I think it'll be marketed just like KP2 was. $5 per character for 4 characters, plus some skins and maybe a stage. $20 for the whole bundle.

braandooon

I don't even know...
Why is it any more "complete" than at any other time? I'm not sure I understand what you mean in this thread... adding new characters + a balance patch then probably a 2econd final balance patch dosn't seam to be a logistical issue of any kind.

All the original MKx users got the netcode update for free, which technically is what XL is. So only having KP1 and KP3 shouldn't be an issue.
It's not much of an issue more that how would KP3 work if MKXL is considered the "full edition." And in most full editions there isn't DLC after they are released. People bought MKXL when it released for $60 believing they'd get every skin and character, so if KP3 dropped and they didn't get it, MKXL didn't really carry out what they said it would.

braandooon

I don't even know...
Its not gonna be free lol. Why would wb do such a thing? I mean if it was another company, maybe. but wb is way too greedy and money hungry to give free dlc.
:p I forgot who I was talking about when I was writing the forum XD

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
1) Nerf Acidic, Piercing, A-List, Swarm Queen, Demolition, Takeda, MOS, War God, and anybody else Paulo feels like...
2) Add four characters
3) Finally...

trufenix

bye felicia
It's not much of an issue more that how would KP3 work if MKXL is considered the "full edition." And in most full editions there isn't DLC after they are released. People bought MKXL when it released for $60 believing they'd get every skin and character, so if KP3 dropped and they didn't get it, MKXL didn't really carry out what they said it would.
I agree. This game's title screen needs an asterisk.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
1) Nerf Acidic, Piercing, A-List, Swarm Queen, Demolition, Takeda, MOS, War God, and anybody else Paulo feels like...
2) Add four characters
3) Finally...
and this motivated me enough to rewatch some episodes (while dreaming of characters)

Derwood1979

Professional Procrastinator
where is mkxl box does it mention "complete" edition?

mk9: komplete edition
igau: ultimate edition.
mkxl

they didn't do that by mistake ;)
but if there is a kp3 hope they go the kp2 route and release all chars at same time, anyway sure alot of us be looking forward to the patch more than the new chars lol
This. Just this.

Reactions: GAV

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
MKXL is not explicitly labeled the complete edition. It also has been stated during E3 that Injustice was beginning to be developed as MKX was being developed.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It's not much of an issue more that how would KP3 work if MKXL is considered the "full edition."
I say again... "why" do you consider it a "full edition"? I mean, that is like saying "If I consider MKx a full edition how can thy release a KP1?" ... this thread makes no sense to me.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I say again... "why" do you consider it a "full edition"? I mean, that is like saying "If I consider MKx a full edition how can thy release a KP1?" ... this thread makes no sense to me.
He's saying MKXL was marketed as the complete edition, not just that he considers it that for some arbitrary reason. So he didn't understand how they could release more DLC when they made it sound like MKXL was basically the final game state.

Then the rest of us came in and explained that it may just be the case that XL was the complete edition at the time it came out, and this doesn't necessarily preclude future DLC.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
but it wasn't marketed as that... where are you getting this from?

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Well...I exclusively play on PC now so it wouldn't mean jack to me, but if I was a console owner I still wouldn't care lol. KP2 was a extension of failure imo. It's completely up to Paulo and his vision is fucked.

braandooon

I don't even know...
but it wasn't marketed as that... where are you getting this from?
In the Mortal Kombat XL trailer.

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
MKXL was never stated to be the final version of the game. Anyone complaining about KP3 my want to reconsider the benefits of It first. Having more DLC proves that the team is committed to the longevity of the game (plus it makes money for the company). You don't have to stop playing MK just because injustice is the new hotness.

Like Capcom games (Marvel, SF), players can support both games for tournaments. It seems as though NRS players only have the capacity to play one NRS game at a time which I hope changes in the future. If Capcom players can handle multiple games, so can the NRS players. I can see an injustice group and an MK group coexisting with no issues.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
MKXL was said to be everything available up until that point. Never said it was the last "version"

Also I don't see how this is confusing. Anyone who plays borderlands (specifically 2) knows there were 3 or so editions of the game each including DLC up until their respective points until the final version was released which was the GOTY Edition and specifically states it's the final/complete version.

Error

DF2+R2
I don't know why this is so complicated, as if a considerable amount of players wouldn't just lap up any new DLC released no matter what it's labeled as.

This is the same community that swears they're done with NRS after every game/fuck-up but come running back come next reveal.