What's new

Question How will we transition to MKX?

How do you feel about your decision to main Flash?

• Total voters

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Fellow Flash players:

Now that MKX is approaching, we can reflect back on our decision to main the fastest man alive. Some of us picked him and fell in love, and others liked him for a little while and decided that he was not the right choice. Regardless of where you fall in, I want to know how you guys feel about your choice to play Flash and how it'll affect your character choice in MKX. It was really interesting for me coming from MK9 (and maining Smoke) to see who my fellow Smoke players mained in Injustice. Whether they went for who they felt was the closest to that character...or some who wanted to go the opposite route and try something new altogether, I want to know what you guys think.

What's more important to you? Playstyle or character aesthetics? A little bit of both maybe?

Discuss!

@HoneyBee
@Jim
@Zyphox
@SidTheHaze
@WITNESS
@C88 Zombieekiler
@AK Harold
@LEGEND
@Denzell

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i chose flash not only because he is my All time favorite Character in anything ever, but he also fit my playstyle to a T. a rush down Set play character with anti Zoning capabilities was a perfect match, not only did i have options against Zoning, but when i caught you i put you into a really bad situation and could snowball from there. he also had footsie tools so i could play that footsie style game if needed. Perfect character fit for me and i don't think any character will ever fit me like flash did. in MK i'm stuck between Cage and Kang. none of the characters Currently for MKX has my interest except Kung Lao so i'm Hoping i get my Evil Lui Kang with a Good mix of zoning and Rushdown and Anti Zoning.

I would say a little of both. Although in the end I hate to be restricted by what my character does. For example I chose Kenshi as a main as soon as the reveal trailer of his was released and didn't care how good he was or not. ( OH MY GOD! IT'S NEO FROM THE MATRIX!!!) Although I may have dropped him if he wasn't good.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
I played flash because I read his comics and shit even through the day1 struggle to his now top 5 status I grinded and now im good with him I dont want to let him go alas mkx doesnt have the Scarlett speedster :'(

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
I love that I played Flash in IGAU. Now I don't think he suits me but that is why I played him initially. I played Sub-Zero and then Freddy in MK9. I was well aware my footsies were ass, those characters I didn't need them nearly as much. So I wanted to play the opposite in IGAU to force myself to learn better footsies. Now I'm still not very good, but I've learned a ton. Plus the Flash has the best combos to do and if I don't like doing my mains combos I don't have fun.

For MKX I've been wondering what I should go for. I know I'm better at zoning than rush down, but maybe that is just because zoning is easier than rush down. So I'm not sure who I'm going to play. Sub-Zero has always been my favorite MK character but that doesn't mean I'm for sure going with him. At this point I plan to play the entire cast for a bit and devote myself to a single main when I feel I've found the one I have as much fun as I did with The Flash. At KIT Perfect Legend asked me if I was going to find another character that people could do a 'Jim' chant to. Would be fun, but there is no way I'm going to pick a main based on just that.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
hmm i chose to main flash bcause he has been my favorite superhero since the JL/JL unlimited tv show. I didn't care what playstyle he had i was going to main him. I was actually a cyrax main in mk9 and i plan to be in mkx.....seeing as cyrax's playstyle isn't traditional rushdown, i probably wont be with most of you in mkx character wise. If cyrax isn't in mkx, just give me any black guy please :'(

LEGEND

YES!
I love the flash. But his playstyle was just too linear to hold my attention for extended periods of time

Definitely not picking a pure rushdown (Flash) or pure Zoner (Sinestro) in MKX

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I love the flash. But his playstyle was just too linear to hold my attention for extended periods of time

Definitely not picking a pure rushdown (Flash) or pure Zoner (Sinestro) in MKX
I agree. That's why I switched to Arrow. Not as good but definitely more interesting in terms of tools.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Since Injustice is my first fighting game ever and I never intended to play the game, let alone take it seriously and compete in tournaments, I had no idea who I wanted to main. I popped in the disc when my bro brought it home and took a look at the characters available and instantly told myself, "Flash could be fun." I've always loved Flash as a character from the Justice League TV show. I ended up fiddling around with a couple characters but Flash was the first character I ever learned a combo with in ANY fighting game so that was really cool for me. As I got better and the meta developed and Flash got buffs, it became more and more apparent that the Flash was the perfect fit for me. I think the moment I realized that the Flash literally has an answer to anything and everything the opponent can do (although the risk/reward may not always be in your favor), I realized how good he was.

I don't think I'll ever enjoy playing a character as much as I enjoy playing the Flash. I have no idea who I'll pick up in MKX and what playstyle I will be drawn to but if I enjoy playing him/her half as much as I enjoy playing the Flash, I'll be happy.

Last edited:
I feel that Flash was the perfect character for me to pick up at the end, but too bad competitive Injustice is ending.

I feel all Flash mains will be ahead of most of the crowd when it comes to spacing and footsies. People will say Flash players used high damage as a crutch to help them out, but in all honesty, we are using a bar of meter and our trait. Our trait has 20 seconds cooldown and what does it add, like 20% to our combo? Those guys neglect to notice that

Aquaman's trait saves him many times over 20% damage, and it comes back much sooner.
Zod's trait adds well over 20% with damage and chip, and comes back sooner.
MMH is broke with trait, and turns not hitting someone into a 40% combo and comes back much sooner.
Bane forget about it, 100% in the corner.

I could go on and on. Flash army rise up in MKX! Show all that practice you put into footsies paying off!

Brack1sh

Chimpanzee that!
I think flash was the best possible choice for me. Injustice was also my first fighting game so coming in I had no idea about different strategies and play styles. I love injustice and it got me into fighting games. I've gone back and played mk9, sf4, and tekken and I like some other characters but no one feels as fun as Flash does to me. Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it out to any tournaments but I'm hoping to for mkx, and hopefully there'll be an injustice side tournament. I have no idea who i'll play in mkx yet but everyone's looking awesome so far.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
i'll transition smoothly because mortal kombat is my favorite fighting game. I used flash mostly for Green lantern bad matchups. Also he is the closest thing to cyrax in a way damage wise. I always start off with who I like the most in a game but if that character isn't good competitively, I'll switch to somebody better.

I think what fits your style is better than having a character you like that doesn't necessarily match your style of play.

C88 Zombieekiler

Up and coming sub zero
i'll transition smoothly because mortal kombat is my favorite fighting game. I used flash mostly for Green lantern bad matchups. Also he is the closest thing to cyrax in a way damage wise. I always start off with who I like the most in a game but if that character isn't good competitively, I'll switch to somebody better.

I think what fits your style is better than having a character you like that doesn't necessarily match your style of play.
Gl? Lolz