What's new

Question How will the Divekick nerf/fix change your playstyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Okay so according to Perfect Legend, there has been a hotfix and Black Adams Boot Stomp is now -15 on block, and is always punishable on block with a d1~combo at least!

Personally i dont throw out meterless divekicks unless its a punish or to get out of the corner, so its not going to hurt me much, they arent "safe" if your opponent scouts them anyway, due to the lack of priority, and people who can punish a backdash are fairly good at keeping divekicks in check, so what do the rest of you BA players recon to the change?

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
It makes my day better. I fucking hate black adam mirror matches and this will mean its less of a divekickfest.

I don't use them that much in any case, if I do, its ex divekick.

Plus, we can finally start some proper downplaying. Any time anyone starts shit about him, bring this up like its the worst thing ever.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hahahahaha... Good news for us Banes who get +17 on hit with our d.1, time to just-frame out some block strings for 10% chip off of that one d.1 hit.

This changes absolutely nothing. If your dive kicks are getting punished on block it's still all the black Adam players fault lol

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
This changes absolutely nothing. If your dive kicks are getting punished on block it's still all the black Adam players fault lol
They are now ALWAYS punishable, regardless of height you can d1, or if its higher you can get a full combo.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This nerf seems justifiable from every view point but WW's, thats a total massacre if she can d1 it every time.

This nerf seems justifiable from every view point but WW's, thats a total massacre if she can d1 it every time.
Trying to dive kick Wonder Woman = death from now on.

Trying to zone Scorpion = death.

So I guess that means I won't try to zone Scorpion and I won't throw random dive kicks vs WW. I don't see any real problems with that tbh. I see very little reason to even dive kick at all outside of whiff punishing or using MB dive kicks.

Yeah what Vulcan hades said. You should never be in a situation to get your divekick punished... Every time you do one you're not sure will hit or be blocked you should ex. 40 percent on hit and +9 on block that can lead to hella chip? That not enough for you BA players? This nerf mean nothing other than that you can only be 5 percent less brainless with dicekicks now. Not a big deal. Be glad this is the thing tat got nerfed...

Seriously was there such a nerf? It's always been -15, or does he mean -15 even when kicking their shins? No hotfix for EU PSN yet it seems, scorp still does what he does so I can't test out Adam. Honestly even if they did do it I don't think I'd mind.

Now if hes saying EX Footdive is -15, then I get concerned :3

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Hotfix is definitely out on Xbox, Scorpion teleport hits high. Haven't tested out Black Adam's divekick yet.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It doesn't affect my gameplay at all. I will miss being able to occasionally poke with it when my opp was near death for the chip but other than that I'm happy fraudulent Adams can't win anymore with divekick being 50% of their game plan.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I just labbed the dive kick...anything above the waist is d1 punishable (pretty sure that has always been the case?) anything below is still safe on block.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Looks and feels doesn't equal tested.

That said I already doubt the nerf simply because PL listed it as -15 now. I was like, uhhhh, it's always been that? In numbers anyway :3
Looks and feels in this case does mean tested :REO sorry for my shitty wording.

I tested it vs corp charge when spaced. I could block it.

Status
Not open for further replies.