What's new

How will NRS and WB deal with Injustice 1 "deaths"?

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
So, comics are the big thing.. films are making billions, comic sales are the highest that they have ever been in history ... more and more "geek" culture is becoming mainstream.

Injustice we can assume is a planned franchise. My guess that not long from now we will be seeing Injustice X some 20 years latter. Still in Injustice and the comics there were a number of DC Hero and Villain deaths...

These characters have huge pull... are we really expecting Dick Grayson (Nightwing), Joker, Gorden, Lex,Jon Jones (Martian Manhunter) etc etc etc.. .to be dead in Injustice 2?

I suppose the real question is how much do people care about story at all? Should these guys just be back in the active pool, and if they choose to keep it "cannon" can we expect more and more convoluted ways to brign everyone back (like the revenants in MKx, how will we get Liu Kang in the next game).

Personally I like to have a story mode in the NRS games, it is one of the things that is fun and unioque to play (once) but even so, I do not want to know that Captain Marvel can never be in the injustice franchise, or that he could be for that matter if it means more and more crazy twisting to get them back.

What do you guys think? How important is story? and for the sake of the story would you be ok with not seeing your fav DC Hero/Villain?

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Isn't DC about a crapload of infinite dimensions and timelines?
This should pretty much cover any possible loose end about a character death and such.

I for one dislike the fact that my favorite character died and somehow he appeared from an infinite timeline bla bla bla...mainly I'm not a fan of the time paradox multiple dimension stuff.

But it's DC so I've gotten used to it. I'll be glad to have my chars back no matter if in the story they're actually an apparition of space/time continuum caused by Flash eating at McDonald's too fast or whatnot.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
i hope they stay dead. But MMH didnt really die. Just faked it. I know people think thats not canon but it probably is. Also dick is alive but is deadman now. They have options. have a different universe come in and help. Again. Or they can just pit people back probably

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Dick Grayson is dead as Nightwing but is now the deadman. Damian Wayne is alive and they could easily throw in Dick Grayson via gear customization.

Martian Manhunter is alive, he was posing as one of the Atlanteans.

The Joker is dead.

Hawkman is dead.

Lex is dead.

Like you said, Jim Gordon is dead, but doesn't really matter for Injustice but yeah he is a great character.

Huntress is dead.

Batwoman will probably die in one of the remaining comic issues.

Billy Batson is dead.

John Stewart Lantern is dead.

Kyle Rayner Lantern is dead.

Green Arrow is dead.

Black Carary died, but Dr Fate moved her to a different universe where Arrow was alive and that universe's Canary was dead.

Alfred is dead(RIP) not that it matters for a FG

Last edited:

WarlordRenegade

Founder of Team Renegade
This is an NRS game people, no one is really dead. And as far as the DC part of it, it was mentioned at the very beginning of the original game there are an infinite number of universes, or did y'all skip that part?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Yes, there are additional universes in DC comics and they used it as part of the story in Injustice 1. That doesn't mean that they are going to be lazy and do that for every single character that died in the storyline. I think anyone is possible for DLC though.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Yes there is an infinite number of universes. But that doesn't mean that they have to use them. Boon said they wanted to focus on the world of evil superman. So that could be not using other worlds in the story.
Also Dick Grayson-Nightwing is dead
But Damien Wanye took the mantle of nightwing.
All the GL's are dead basically. Hal is no longer a GL hes a yellow lantern. And his GL ring is gone i am pretty sure.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Am I not getting something? Some of the characters died in injustice but there is 2 dimensions. So that means there is more than 1 Shazam. More than one joker and etc..

(I can't actually remember if the other joker died or not)

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Am I not getting something? Some of the characters died in injustice but there is 2 dimensions. So that means there is more than 1 Shazam. More than one joker and etc..

(I can't actually remember if the other joker died or not)
Supposedly they are only using the evil Superman universe in I2.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I read comics. Got a TON. This won't be an issue. Rule of comics is that typically nobody really stays dead. They are usually reincarnated, brought back to life outright, cloned, didn't really die, universe or world reset, from a different timeline etc etc. if they want to bring anyone back it wouldn't be that hard

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
I never liked the concept of alternate universe, give me some actual villains instead of heroes wearing alt costumes being villains.

Cut the useless character such as killer frost, bane, teen titans and focus on justice league and villains.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
NRS will disregard the Injustice comics continuity where they see fit to, just like they did with MK9 continuity for MKX.