What's new

How Useful is this OS Wake-up Tech?

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Yeah I need to lab it more, but it works well for grabs so far xD but I mean quick tap blocking isn’t an OS by itself. That’s why I’m asking, we need to lab it. But Oaks explained it better here in the thread.
Yeah, but unfortunately, I don't think he's gonna be going more into detail with it, since he seems to have outgrown us.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Yeah I need to lab it more, but it works well for grabs so far xD but I mean quick tap blocking isn’t an OS by itself. That’s why I’m asking, we need to lab it. But Oaks explained it better here in the thread.
I'm not saying you shouldn't lab it, but if something like this was able to beat a strike throw mixup happening on the same frame, it would be a huge bug/fundamental flaw in the game, honestly too big for NRS to have missed at any point.

As far as Oak, I don't think he is talking about an OS so much as performing actions such a way to help react to certain things, like performing a df motion but not fully completing the special in order to help hit confirm.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I'm not saying you shouldn't lab it, but if something like this was able to beat a strike throw mixup happening on the same frame, it would be a huge bug/fundamental flaw in the game, honestly too big for NRS to have missed at any point.

As far as Oak, I don't think he is talking about an OS so much as performing actions such a way to help react to certain things, like performing a df motion but not fully completing the special in order to help hit confirm.
Yeah and the more I try it out the more I realize it’ll be pretty hard to do that for an overhead if you’re not expecting it. Like it works perfectly for throws and in any situation not just on knockdowns, but I’m not sure how consistent it is for meatys.