What's new

How to win the air?

fireborg

Noob
Hey,

m thiniking what are the general rules of engagment in the air =D

Obviously active frames , start-up and hitbox come in mind, but also i figure it is a thing of timing and angles..

Then punshning recovery on "empty" jumps

Could someone with more experience explain the general rules of air battle

I am quiet unsure which battles i will win, trade or loose before i jump ...

thanks

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Simple, there aren't "rules" to most of this question.
Obviously active frames , start-up and hitbox come in mind, but also i figure it is a thing of timing and angles..
Yup, you gotta lab all of these things, too many variables to have a rule about them.
Then punishing (fixed that for you haha) recovery on "empty" jumps
This one has an answer, you can't. There is no recovery once you land, if you didn't perform any air actions. If the jumper did an attack then there are punishable frames upon landing.

Just gotta lab stuff, pick a character and have them do the attack then practice beating it, change the timing and distance and practice again.

fireborg

Noob
Simple, there aren't "rules" to most of this question. Yup, you gotta lab all of these things, too many variables to have a rule about them. This one has an answer, you can't. There is no recovery once you land, if you didn't perform any air actions. If the jumper did an attack then there are punishable frames upon landing.

Just gotta lab stuff, pick a character and have them do the attack then practice beating it, change the timing and distance and practice again.
thanks man, makes sense ;)