What's new

Tech - Crystalline How to utilize Flying Krystal

BxKeyz

Noob
It's not a hard knockdown, it's a splat. You can see Sub tech rolling after being knocked down.
lol so a "splat" is better?? because i put the cpu to roll after hit and it gave me enough time to db3 and flash parry sub zero's slide..and oh this is my first mk gm so i'm not familiar with the terminology so sorry about..

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
lol so a "splat" is better?? because i put the cpu to roll after hit and it gave me enough time to db3 and flash parry sub zero's slide..and oh this is my first mk gm so i'm not familiar with the terminology so sorry about..
It is just called a knockdown, a hard knockdown is an untechable knock down that forces the opponent on the ground for a certain amount of time.

BxKeyz

Noob
It is just called a knockdown, a hard knockdown is an untechable knock down that forces the opponent on the ground for a certain amount of time.
So give me an example of a hard knockdown move that tremor might have...So i can see the difference for future reference..i just figured since it took subzero a very long time to wake up(longer than most of tremor's move) even after setting sub zero to roll, i just assumed that it was a hard knockdown.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
So give me an example of a hard knockdown move that tremor might have...So i can see the difference for future reference..
A hard knockdown would be tremors db2, that is why you can get the otg ex dd4 guaranteed afterwords, since they can't tech and they are stuck on the ground for a certain amount of time, otg is off the ground and is only possible after a hard knockdown

BxKeyz

Noob
yea but i
A hard knockdown would be tremors db2, that is why you can get the otg ex dd4 guaranteed afterwords, since they can't tech and they are stuck on the ground for a certain amount of time, otg is off the ground and is only possible after a hard knockdown
im a lil confused though because of one thing, i set sub zero to roll after hit, i did db2 with this same combo and i was only able to db3 with no flash parry but with flying crystal i was able to squeeze in both even after setting sub to roll..im so sorry to ask many questions but i just wanna get this right

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
It's not a hard knockdown, it's a splat. You can see Sub tech rolling after being knocked down.
Thank you for the clarification, I never noticed the difference.

@BxKeyz I love the tech! I was using it in pressure because, if I remember right, it's a mid and is +14 on block. This catches people trying to neutral duck the stone throw and creates another layer of pressure. Are there any other ways to end with it off of different starters or is it specific to F3?

xSamuel

yea but i

im a lil confused though because of one thing, i set sub zero to roll after hit, i did db2 with this same combo and i was only able to db3 with no flash parry but with flying crystal i was able to squeeze in both even after setting sub to roll..im so sorry to ask many questions but i just wanna get this right
The hard knockdown by DB2 may not have as much frame advantage as the splat granted from the crystal. The distinction is the ability to tech roll, not length of knockdown.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

@BxKeyz I love the tech! I was using it in pressure because, if I remember right, it's a mid and is +14 on block. This catches people trying to neutral duck the stone throw and creates another layer of pressure. Are there any other ways to end with it off of different starters or is it specific to F3?
It's cool, everyone has to learn the terminology at some point :)
The term for a knockdown with such an extended period of time before the opponent can tech roll or move at all is a splat, a splat can be a soft knockdown or hard knockdown. Any knockdown can keep the opponent on the ground for a certain amount of time, the only requirement for a hard knockdown is that the opponent can't tech roll it because you have hard knockdowns with short and long durations.

Also OTGs are possible from soft/normal/tech rollable knockdowns as well, as long as it forces the opponent up from the ground. Tremor's DB2 is actually also a splat but not a HKD since you can tech roll it, just not until after a second or two. His sweep is a HKD though.

xSamuel

It's cool, everyone has to learn the terminology at some point :)

The term for a knockdown with such an extended period of time before the opponent can tech roll or move at all is a splat, a splat can be a soft knockdown or hard knockdown. Any knockdown can keep the opponent on the ground for a certain amount of time, the only requirement for a hard knockdown is that the opponent can't tech roll it because you have hard knockdowns with short and long durations.

Also OTGs are possible from soft/normal/tech rollable knockdowns as well, as long as it forces the opponent up from the ground. Tremor's DB2 is actually also a splat but not a HKD since you can tech roll it, just not until after a second or two. His sweep is a HKD though.
So if you have knocked someone down using a soft/normal knockdown and they delay wake up the OTG will still catch, granted they stay down long enough?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So if you have knocked someone down using a soft/normal knockdown and they delay wake up the OTG will still catch, granted they stay down long enough?
Yup! It forces them off the ground so it'll OTG.

xSamuel

Yup! It forces them off the ground so it'll OTG.
Oh, I thought that stood for On the Ground. Meaning it would catch people on knockdowns that guaranteed it, not a delayed state that was chosen. Thank you, again, for the info! :)

BxKeyz

Noob

Thanks bro but the combo was done quick because i just wanted to show the use of it...and its sad because in the corner if you put the cpu to duck it goes over them :(

xSamuel

Thanks bro but the combo was done quick because i just wanted to show the use of it...and its sad because in the corner if you put the cpu to duck it goes over them :(
Okay, thanks for the response. Something you should look into off of other starters is the knockdown advantage. Height of the opponent in a juggle contributes to the amount of knockdown advantage you have because there will be some frames of recovery taken off during their falling. Happy training :)

InFlames

dead
Db2 is not a hard knockdown.

@BxKeyz Tremor's hard knockdowns are 33, b121, 212. Hard knockdown doesn't mean it has large hit advantage, it just means the opponent cannot roll out of it.