What's new

How to Unlock MKX's MK1 Tower "Secret Fight" w/ Reptile

Tim Static

Adminerator
A homage to the first Mortal Kombat, no doubt. This week in the Living Towers, there is a Mortal Kombat 1 tower featuring all the MK1 characters in MKX, komplete with a mirror match & even a special round of TEST YOUR MIGHT. And no Mortal Kombat 1 tower would be complete without a secret Reptile fight! As posted on Kotaku this morning, here is a short video on how to unlock this secret fight:

As documented in the video above, it seems someone has figured out the means to unlocking the mysterious match-up. It happens in the Mortal Kombat 1 Premiere Living Tower, which rolls out a line-up of classic Kombatants for players to face.

• You’ll need to play in Mortal Kombat 1 Living Tower (which is available until the end of this week), fighting until the sixth battle.
  • Win 1 Flawless Victory in the sixth battle. If you take damage in each round, just lose and retry.
  • Kill your opponent with either a Fatality or Brutality.
Try it & post your videos in this thread!!

Kredit to Kotaku**

Attachments

E

Eldriken

Isn't there already a thread on the front page explaining how to do this by Eldriken? Also, Kredit to JurassicRabbit for the video which was then ripped by Kotaku**
I doubt it's on the front page, but I posted it earlier this morning. Thanks for pointing that out. :D

Medina4life

Media Master
Easter Egg's are always cool imo. I have a strong feeling there are more secret fights to be found. The wording on the trophy is vague in a way to allow numerous secret fights to occur.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
agree with the dude in the video.. Its kool and all but would have been a lot better if Secret Reptile wasnt just his mkx ver but rather his MK1 ver with his wacky move set and old pixelated Screen Cap look. That would have been TOO funny

E

Eldriken

The thing that would make this Easter Egg 100x cooler would be if they gave Reptile a classic skin to wear during this fight. If you defeat him, you get the skin. Could even be a simple re-color of the classic Sub Zero skin we just got.
Indeed. At the moment, you get no kind of bonus whatsoever for beating him. You get a trophy upon meeting the requirements to start the fight and that's it.

It should at least have more of a point to it than that. More Koins, XP, Faction XP and a costume sound fair.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Just got it! Didn't realise there were specific requirements, I just thought it would've happened in any tower lol

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
thanks a lot .... got it here on PC ... but Reptile fight is tough !! seems that it's on very hard difficulty and the AI just reads each of your command input :confused: .... !! just lose it, hehe :mad:

I got the secret fight after the fight with sonya in which I flawlessed and brutalitied her so not sure which it was. I also got dark empress kitana at the end of the tower. Not sure if I did anything special besides fatality Goro or if it just gave it to me.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Honestly, this is kinda disappointing. No klassic skin? No moveset changes? It doesn't look like there's an XP, FXP, or Koin bonus for beating him either. It is kool that they decided to add a Reptile secret fight to the MK1 tower, though. I just feel like it could have been better...

I prefer the Klassic skin by far. To me Reptile is far more interesting/disturbing as a human who adopted a weird Reptilian-style of martial arts that eventually gave him freaky powers (which is actually a unique, original idea) versus being just a Reptilian humanoid (an uninspired, completely unoriginal idea we've seen in hundreds of sources).

I prefer the Klassic skin by far. To me Reptile is far more interesting/disturbing as a human who adopted a weird Reptilian-style of martial arts that eventually gave him freaky powers (which is actually a unique, original idea) versus being just a Reptilian humanoid (an uninspired, completely unoriginal idea we've seen in hundreds of sources).
I disagree, being part of a zatarrian race sets him apart from Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Being a human ninja isn't exactly unique or original.

It also wasn't uninspired when it was first revealed years ago.

Last edited:

Dramatica

Forecast calls for missiles
Word! I always thought making him literally into a reptile was kind of a fail.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Isn't there already a thread on the front page explaining how to do this by Eldriken? Also, Kredit to JurassicRabbit for the video which was then ripped by Kotaku**
I didn't see it even by searching. And Kotaku got credit because that's how i found out about it.

Here are the messages in @Eldriken's thread:

It would appear someone on GameFAQs finally stumbled upon a secret fight in the Living Towers.

I'll compile the information as well as linking to the thread:

1) It requires the Premiere Tower
2) I achieved this initially thinking it was Flawless Victory the first round of Opponent 5 & 6 and fatality both of them, but apparently all you have to is Flawless Victory at least one round of Opponent 6. No finisher required, and the secret fight appears. Credit goes to @JLU51306 for clarifying on this point.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/802908-mortal-kombat-x/71669267

Other users commented afterwards and some shared success while others didn't. So, I'm not 100% sure if this is the exact method to get it, but at least it's something to start with, yeah?

Just read through the thread to gain any additional information if you're interested.
I achieved this initially thinking it was Flawless Victory the first round of Opponent 5 & 6 and fatality both of them, but apparently all you have to is Flawless Victory at least one round of Opponent 6. No finisher required, and the secret fight appears.
Awesome. Thanks for the clarification. I'll update the OP with it. Greatly appreciated. :D
So it's just a normal Reptile? Not even like a Klassic or a "Green Metal"? Meh.
I didn't get a Flawless and still got a secret fight.
It appears to just pop up randomly in one of the living towers (weekly it seems, have not seen reports of other towers yet)
I only performed faction kills during the tower (for koins) but I doubt that has anything to do with it.
I just got it!

Seems all you need to do is flawless victory at least 1 round in the 6th fight.

Fatalities/Brutalities/Faction Kills beforehand seem to not be necessary.

Also, no special stage/costume for reptile, but he is hard as shit!

Beat him with possessed Kenshi on my first try!

Watch out for them slides!

;)

I disagree, being part of a zatarrian race sets him apart from Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Being a human ninja isn't exactly unique or original.

It also wasn't uninspired when it was first revealed years ago.
It isn't reptile person vs. human ninja it is reptile person vs. human ninja w/ reptile powers.

There are countless reptile-humanoid aliens in sci-fi movies, tv, literature, comics, and so on. Star Wars, Star Trek, Dr. Who, GI Joe, He Man, V, Enemy Mine, Thundercats, Batman, D&D, X-Men, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, Elder Scrolls, HP Lovecraft, RE Howard, Spiderman, Farscape, Babylon 5, Zelda, TMNT, are just some examples of places you find lizard-people, and there's more. Not even remotely new 20 years ago. Lizard people are a go-to in lots of sci-fi/fantasy franchises.

Human ninjas might be common, but not ones with Reptile powers. That's awesome. "Others can go with swan style, dragon style, crane style, tiger style, snake, monkey, hawk, preying mantis, eagle.... I'm going with Reptile style!" The idea of a human dude living subterranean, stretching his tongue, slowly imbibing more and more acid and poison, just developing and pushing his mystical Reptile style to the max. That's different and weird and creepy and sort of disturbing: I like it. Yet another lizard man: meh. I don't hate reptile Reptile, I just don't find him remotely as intriguing.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
A homage to the first Mortal Kombat, no doubt. This week in the Living Towers, there is a Mortal Kombat 1 tower featuring all the MK1 characters in MKX, komplete with a mirror match & even a special round of TEST YOUR MIGHT. And no Mortal Kombat 1 tower would be complete without a secret Reptile fight! As posted on Kotaku this morning, here is a short video on how to unlock this secret fight:

As documented in the video above, it seems someone has figured out the means to unlocking the mysterious match-up. It happens in the Mortal Kombat 1 Premiere Living Tower, which rolls out a line-up of classic Kombatants for players to face.

• You’ll need to play in Mortal Kombat 1 Living Tower (which is available until the end of this week), fighting until the sixth battle.
  • Win 1 Flawless Victory in the sixth battle. If you take damage in each round, just lose and retry.
  • Kill your opponent with either a Fatality or Brutality.
Try it & post your videos in this thread!!

Kredit to Kotaku**
Good to know. I was wondering how to get that achievement.