What's new

How to time special cancel after f44 KB?

Hi guys, need help with this.

I can never get the timing right on inputing the special cancel off the f44 KB. I got it narrowed down to it reading the input after about 2 seconds after it zooms in on his foot. But I cant get it consistently. I also tried just spamming the special move ie, bf + 2 and that only sometimes works.

Can any of you tell me a good way to land this consistently?

Thanks!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
@Gooberking You're the only Baraka player I can think of lol

I hate to admit it, but I played Baraka for a hot minute and had no clue you could cancel that KB into a special... Might need to get my programming checked...

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
I struggled with that too when I was playing Baraka, but finally found a cue that works. Note, I haven't played him in a long time, but hopefully the timing hasn't changed and this still works.

You want to enter the special cancel input just a moment before the KB cutscene ends. This is going to sound grisly, but what I did was to watch the spray pattern on my opponent's broken ribs. Watch it several times in practice mode to get a sense of when the rib spray reaches its widest point, because that's when the cutscene is about to finish. Enter the input right at that maximum spray point and you should get the cancel every time.

Good luck!

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
@Gooberking You're the only Baraka player I can think of lol

I hate to admit it, but I played Baraka for a hot minute and had no clue you could cancel that KB into a special... Might need to get my programming checked...

I had someone deliberately trying to get the kb in a corner so they could cancel into the gutted grab. Having blade charge now is pretty nice because you can at least follow up with that and toss them in a chosen direction

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I had someone deliberately trying to get the kb in a corner so they could cancel into the gutted grab. Having blade charge now is pretty nice because you can at least follow up with that and toss them in a chosen direction
Nice, but any tips on the timing of getting the KB to cancel into a special?

I struggled with that too when I was playing Baraka, but finally found a cue that works. Note, I haven't played him in a long time, but hopefully the timing hasn't changed and this still works.

You want to enter the special cancel input just a moment before the KB cutscene ends. This is going to sound grisly, but what I did was to watch the spray pattern on my opponent's broken ribs. Watch it several times in practice mode to get a sense of when the rib spray reaches its widest point, because that's when the cutscene is about to finish. Enter the input right at that maximum spray point and you should get the cancel every time.

Good luck!
Interesting as I just stared at his foot the whole time and just guessed based on time, didn't think of looking elsewhere. I think this will help a lot. Thanks man!!

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Nice, but any tips on the timing of getting the KB to cancel into a special?
It's a bit before the cinematic ends. They are kind of weird that way. Like with Frost auger kb, you can start to dash before you return to the normal screen and it's the only way get high damage off of it.

I think it may be like a half second before it ends try the cancel. Play around in there. Should work for specials and his super once you find the timing

denuke

Noob
It works for three specials in the middle screen: blood lunge, baraka-serker and blade charge. Also FB. Gutted only in the corner. All have been tournament btw. For me mashing works all the time. Maybe try setting "input window" to long, "release check" to off and "input shortcuts" to on.

However unfortunately even though Blade Charge and FB are armor breaking there is a possibility to breakaway fast enough avoiding armor break from both after f44kb.

Last edited:

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Interesting as I just stared at his foot the whole time and just guessed based on time, didn't think of looking elsewhere. I think this will help a lot. Thanks man!!
No problem man... happy to help. Really, you can pick any moving part of the animation you want and memorize what it looks like when the cutscene ends, and use that as your cue. There are a couple others like this in the game, like Fujin's f43 KB. That one, I watch the opponent's jaw opening and input the special when they're groaning the loudest. :p

No problem man... happy to help. Really, you can pick any moving part of the animation you want and memorize what it looks like when the cutscene ends, and use that as your cue. There are a couple others like this in the game, like Fujin's f43 KB. That one, I watch the opponent's jaw opening and input the special when they're groaning the loudest. :p
This is exactly what I started doing. I'm using his DC skin so I can see this one piece of bone shard move past a scale on his foot, that's the right timing for it lol