What's new

How to talk to past opponents?

Espio

Revered By Tarkata
Lead Moderator
I dunno if a lot of people on here are on PC? That may have a lot to do with the lack of feedback.

Xzyj

Noob
I don't think there's a simple way to do this unfortunately.

Someone mentioned that you can look into replays of previous games to find your opponents that way, there should be something like opening a combat card for a player and getting their steam that way/adding them to friends

@Xzyj yea that's the way I was ORIGINALLY doing it. Now it doesn't work (could have to do with the new patch.) It's unreal that I just had a great 15 match set with a dude I can't add him to my list, I can't chat with him, wtf is this? It's 2019 and obviously has me pissed off

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Just open the combat card and add them to your steam if you enjoyed the set with them, Then chat them up a little and discuss the matchup. That's what i do. tbh disabling all sorts of in game communication is the best thing NRS did, no more heaping toxicity steaming from salt. Just hold that L and move on to the next opponent.

No I'm trying to add them to steam but can't because I can't find their profile! I use to be able to go to the replays, click on it, go to their profile and add them. Now, (since the update) when I go into replay and click on profile it only brings up MY PROFILE. Then when I search their name on STEAM it gives me a page 10 of 100,000 ................ brutal

Just open the combat card and add them to your steam if you enjoyed the set with them, Then chat them up a little and discuss the matchup. That's what i do. tbh disabling all sorts of in game communication is the best thing NRS did, no more heaping toxicity steaming from salt. Just hold that L and move on to the next opponent.
That is also true.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
This here is a prime example why i feel blessed not being able to listen to my opponent talking during the match

I'm on PC and have wanted to say "GG" to past opponents and can't find a way to message them at all? Any suggestions?
Was looking for this too, in MKX, there was a online kombat history section where you can see your last 10 or so opponents. And you can easily message them there.

In MK11 I can't find this feature, and I've turned record matches off to save space so I can't use that way. Would be good to have this so you can send a quick msg.