What's new

How to stop Michaelangelo: by Darth Arma

I haven't played a really good GL but I'm not convinced that Mikey vs GL is a bad matchup. Mikey doesn't really get zoned and while GL's B1 is great, Mikey is one whiff punish, read or even 50/50 away from starting his mixup game or just getting offensive momentum which will reward him more then GL's will.Things like Divekick and Shellmill afford him more options in neutral here then you might imagine.
Gl has better oki and more damage. Tmnt can't survive the oki game and their backdash is bad. They will eat mbf3 combos until they stop waking up with bf3 then die to ambiguous j3 set ups.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Gl has better oki and more damage. Tmnt can't survive the oki game and their backdash is bad. They will eat mbf3 combos until they stop waking up with bf3 then die to ambiguous j3 set ups.
How does GL have better oki? Mikey can stuff GL's wakeup with 50/50s. GL doesn't have nearly as good of mixups in general. Like yea his jump setups are good but there are options against it.

How does GL have better oki? Mikey can stuff GL's wakeup with 50/50s. GL doesn't have nearly as good of mixups in general. Like yea his jump setups are good but there are options against it.
J3, f3, b1, f2d1, 2231 on delayed wake up. Tmnt has a hard time reversing momentum plus the zoning. Gl can bf1 in air to stop tmnt from building meter and then push block every touch

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
I don't think Shell Mill should be in the same company as those two moves. Those moves are hard to punish because there is so little blockstun off of the one hit that its hard to react fast enough, especially assassin strike.

Shell Mill is completely different, if you block it you have ample time to get ready for the punish, the problem is that it lowprofiles on recovery, so you need to adjust your punish like you would with MKX Sub's slide or even something like catdash.
I put shell mill in the same boat as Bane's BF2, Beetle's BF3 (at least on whiff), and, yes, cat dash.

Although Assassin Strike and Lightning Kick should be changed I feel. Assassin Strike especially since it's a fully invincible wakeup that switches sides and also restands so you can't wakeup yourself.
Catdash can be punished with highs. Standing 1 works with Brainiac and Bane. What characters are you having to adjust punishes with?

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Catdash can be punished with highs. Standing 1 works with Brainiac and Bane. What characters are you having to adjust punishes with?
If I remember correctly the punish window changes depending on what distance she covered. I find it difficult to punish as Superman, especially if she just decides to yolo backdash out of whatever I do.

It probably fits more into assassin strike sort of deal where it's -12 but feels more like -7 for some reason lol, looking back on my comment. I was obviously not paying attention lol.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
IIRC It's -13 but it's block advantage becomes safer as she covers more distance. It's always negative but your punish window becomes tighter, against a character who has a B3 that low profiles 70% of mids in the game basically and the best backdash in the game, so if you mistime your punish because you thought it was -13 but isn't anymore than you might get punished yourself, or miss it.

But this has nothing to do with the thread anyway so onwards to dealing with op Mikey pls nerf.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
I've labbed it from every distance and a 7 frame standing 1 works everytime.

Regarding Mikey, his mix is op af. It's kobu Tanya all over again. Getting in might be tough, but once he's in its very easy to overwhelm an opponent. I've labbed the mixups a lot and cannot find a definitive strategy to defend against it other than push block or guess right.

Also, I haven't seen many people use his 21u3 string which is plus. I use it sometimes but not against mashers because of the huge gap it has.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
You know I got nothing but love for you Teezy but I don't know what you are seeing, Brainac's S1 whiffs very easily when trying to punish catdash. The recovery animation low profiles it. I'm not even sure that it can punish it. 12U2 is death on block so that doesn't help either.

I suppose most characters don't have that issue so it's probably not the best example.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
You know I got nothing but love for you Teezy but I don't know what you are seeing, Brainac's S1 whiffs very easily when trying to punish catdash. The recovery animation low profiles it. I'm not even sure that it can punish it. 12U2 is death on block so that doesn't help either.

I suppose most characters don't have that issue so it's probably not the best example.
Damn @Marinjuana, way to blow me up. Brainiac cannot punish cat dash with standing 1. He has to use standing 2. However, Bane can punish with standing 1 like most characters. Here's a vid: