What's new

How to set up real frame data tests

Hi TYM,

I’m fairly new to fighting games and I love labbing and trying to find out every possible nuance of the character I’m playing. One thing I’ve been searching for is how people find out how plus moves are at different ranges/heights. Is there some kind of app that does it or is there something I’m missing in practice tool? (For example, (Air) Canary Drop is around -2 instead of -X when doing an instant air.)

Also, is there a way to get the AI to punish gaps with D1?

Thanks!

Wigy

There it is...
Just set it to reversal and see what you can poke against frame wise. I.e if I set it to a 10 frame reversal and I'm able to beat it with a 10 frame move Its at least +2 (since special reversals come out a frame earlier than normals)

If it's trading that means it's +1.

This isnt an exact method as it's very hard to get things 1 frame perfect but will give u a good idea what u can humanly do with your frames.

You need to record strings on the ai and poke out yourself to test gaps.

Bear in mind that there's a lot of low profiling and derpy ass hitboxes in this game so sometimes you can break frame traps with that. Like flash can d2 all of red hoods fast moves so +2 guarantees jack shit

This is probably a wee bit complicated wording wise if you're new but if ur stuck anywhere just ask.

You can just do the maths with most shit tbh just gotta check that there isn't any spacing hitbox issues that screw it up

Got it.

It all made sense to me, I’m fairly new but I’ve learned most of the terminology and concepts.

Thanks for explaining all of this! Definitely didn’t think about the reversals.