What's new

How to set the game up/See people online

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
First off this game has a very low online population. Your best bet is to add people to your friends list or join a steam group for the game.

----------------------- Why your getting slow game play and poor performance online.----
****This game has to be played at a steady 60 FPS. Everything in the game is locked to a frame. All fighting games are made this way. If your pc can not maintain a steady 60 fps you will not be able to play online. And if you do get online to work it will be unplayable. Only fix is to get a better pc.*****
The multi player works by sync up both players fps. If they don't match it will disconnect. So you have to benchmark your game with a 3rd party software.
King of the hill and survival will always have the fps at 30 when viewing and will switch back to 60 fps when it is your time to play.
There is no region lock in the game. So people from the US can play verse people in england. These matches will have a lot of input lag because of high ping. This makes king of the hill useless in public rooms because there is no way to kick high ping players.
The net code is better on pc then on consoles as long as you and your opponent have a good Internet connection and pc.

---------------------- Why you can't see people in the lobby
It is a frame per second problem, not anti aliasing like many believe. You can only see people playing at the same frame rate as your self. Basically if you are playing at 30 frames per second you will see people also playing at 30 frames per second. But if you are running at 60 frames per second you will see people playing at 60 frames per second. At 30 fps the game lags to the point that its unplayable. “slow motion bug” Thats why you never see people online.
The game will sometimes switch from 60 fps to 30 fps when you go online. If you have a frames per second tracker you will see it drop when you log in. So all you have to do is change the anti aliasing in the video settings. And repeat until it stays at 60 fps. Doing Shift+tab or Alt+tab can also restore the game to 60 fps as well.
This bug randomly happens.
----------------------- Tips for getting 60 frames per second ---
Make sure you pc meets the recommended specs. Never go with the minimum specs for a pc game. All that means is you can start the game.
Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 560 or AMD® Radeon™ HD 6950
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 22 GB available space
Additional Notes: Windows XP and DirectX® 9.0b and below not supported

Delete the option.ini file located in C: > users > pc user name> appData>roaming>injustice. Then run the game from the launcher. May have to enable hidden files
Open the option.ini file located in the C: > users > pc user name> appData>roaming>injustice. Then change OnlineFrameskipping = false.
You can also fix any screen resolution or refresh rates in this file.
Turn off anti aliasing,transparency anti aliasing, and anisotropic filtering. Then add them in your gpu settings for the game. The in game options are bugged and will give you the slow motion bug.
Turn off v-sync and triple buffering in your gpu settings.
Try running the auto configuration for the video settings.
If the game is still not running at 60 fps then switch to windowed mode in the video settings. Many people report that it fixes it.
If its still not at 60 fps start lowering you resolution.

If all else fails verify integrity of game cache.
Right click injustice in steam menu. Click properties > local files tab
Fixes a lot of games.

-------------------How to set up key bindings/controller layout!---------
This game has a bug that will switch custom lay out when you start a match or it will fail to load them and go back the the default settings. So set all your presets to the same bindings. Then every time you load the game just go into the controller layout from the main menu and then back out. You can also do this at the character select screen and the pause menu.
-------------------------------------How to invite people to a game.
Go to private match select what type of game you want to play. Then open up the steam in game menu (shift+tab). Then send the invite from there.
Do not use the games invite list. It will crash the game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If non of this helps send them a support ticket and or call them.
http://support.wbgames.com/ics/support/contactUs.asp

And contact NRS directly.
http://www.netherrealm.com/contact
This will give them a better understanding of how spread out the problem is.

Last edited:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Such an odd problem. Sometimes I see people in KOTH with 30fps, but everything else in my game is 60fps

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yeah I have seen KOTH matches switch into 30 FPS when I am viewing, but whenever I play it would switch back to 60 fps.

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
I think koth is designed that way. It may do it on consoles as well. just never noticed because there is no way to track fps

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
The transition pause start fix always helped me.
Yeah also I realized that a quick Shift+tab to switch to the Steam overlay fixes this problem like 95% of the time. Alt+tab does it as well.

Regarding the KOTH I think it detects when the connection isn't so well and it streams at 30 fps to the viewers to reduce the lag.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Honestly, MK9 and Injustice are bad ports. I can play more demanding games on my PC perfectly fine(BF4, Metro Last Light, Crysis 3), but a few stages on MK9 drop frames time to time. I hope NRS handles the PC development going forward.

Rabid Justice

Your Soul Is Mine
The transition pause start fix always helped me.
This is called the asylum fix. All it does is glitch the game into un-sync the game with the fps. Its still locked at 30 frames per second. But it is useful for low end pc and offline play.

Yeah also I realized that a quick Shift+tab to switch to the Steam overlay fixes this problem like 95% of the time. Alt+tab does it as well.

Regarding the KOTH I think it detects when the connection isn't so well and it streams at 30 fps to the viewers to reduce the lag.

I will add this to the first post.