What's new

General/Other - Kenjutsu How to save Kenjutsu.

Who the fuck are you? This isn't a topic about me, its about Kenjutsu.

The only place you can find my footage is in streams of people, probably vs St9rm, Nivek and several others in their stream archives / some tournaments also if you go way back. Want it, go find it i never really cared for it. Thou i see no point in this at all, this footage has nothing to do Kenshi nor MK XL now.

Feel free however to to hit me up for 1on1 Kenshi mirror if you have any doubts, im always up for mirrors if anybody want to prove me something. This is the last time im responding to you about that.
Oh, sorry, just wrote about it on your profile wall...

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
@STRYKIE - pick up Kenjutsu and show us how its done, otherwise gtfo.
Misinformation has nothing to do with whether I play Kenjutsu or not.
And FYI, maybe I do....

1) The post isn't actually about his damage scaling at all, sorry if mentioning the fact that it's bad among his flaws (it's a fact that there is no point on using EX DB1 at all because of this and no it won't lead to damage even close to Warlock's, he can from others but that one is garbage) was misleading but the post talks about deeper design flaws than just that (for the record I even propose making the damage scaling of a move heavier than it is right now).

2) What has Warlock and his bad tracking portal sword have to do even remotely with Kenjutsu being bad? It's a completly different character with a completly different gameplan but if you want to compare, I play Warlock (not as much as other characters but I know the gameplan and all his optimal combos) and the meterless damage and the ability to keep momentum after a combo is better than Kenjutsu's (meterburn damage is about the same mostly because EX DB1 and EX DB4 have good scaling) while his zoning is 10000 times better than Kenjutsu's...

Yes, I think Warlock needs some buffs too and yes the tracking on that sword is pure crap and I'm 100% in for Warlock fixes too, but I don't see the point of bringing that here or how in any way it's a reason for not asking for Kenjutsu's improvements.
34% off a mixup thats safe against all but about 7 characters sounds pretty good if you ask me. Not everyone is Ferra/Torr. I can't see what else the EX Rising Sword buff would be geared towards.

I will say I do think Kenjutsu has some flaws, but I don't see how it's become worse when the core of it's gameplan was directly buffed whilst a lot of other setplay oriented characters had their utility toned down to some degree. Nor do I understand why it's immediately plummeted to being his worst variation and is in certified need of a hotfix some 5 days later. It was already widely considered his best variation for a while was it not? And if it isn't now, I can only see it being because the system changes boosted Possessed's relevance.

I know you play Warlock and am glad you are aware of its issues. But even then I have not made any threads about it of this sort. All I'm saying is, there's plenty of things about this meta we are likely months away from grasping. Let's allow some breathing space.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Misinformation has nothing to do with whether I play Kenjutsu or not.
And FYI, maybe I do....
Talking shit in Kenshi forums for months has nothing to do with anything beside the fact you try to blown up people who have different opinion then you. Talking about character when you probably didn't play him much at all / nor play him now makes 0 sense.

"FYI" - if thats true, i can't wait to see your Kenjutsu, better yet, play against it.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
I, in no way, see balanced being better than kenjutsu. I just do not understand how that could be the case. I don't know enough about Possessed to get on the hype train that people who know that variation are on, but kenjutsu is definitely better than balanced imo

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I, in no way, see balanced being better than kenjutsu. I just do not understand how that could be the case. I don't know enough about Possessed to get on the hype train that people who know that variation are on, but kenjutsu is definitely better than balanced imo
Both suck balls. At least Kenjutsu gained safe 50/50s for a bar, but it's still bad.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Talking shit in Kenshi forums for months has nothing to do with anything beside the fact you try to blown up people who have different opinion then you. Talking about character when you probably didn't play him much at all / nor play him now makes 0 sense.

"FYI" - if thats true, i can't wait to see your Kenjutsu, better yet, play against it.
Explain to me where "I've been talking shit for months"? If I go into a forum I'm not normally associated with to discuss something, it's almost always to regulate false information/plain bad logic. There's not much else to do it.

So guys, uh, how do ... I deal with this character? Supposedly he's garbage, but he's actually potentially the character I struggle against most in the entire game with HQT Predator. And that goes for all variations, but I realise they're all very different.

Anyway, this variation seems to have good mixups and literally insane damage. The player I was up against was doing 40+ damage off of every midscreen combo if I recall correctly. Decent zoning a well, no? What's its weaknesses? Other than, I suppose, being meter hungry (and unsafe on EX OH launcher?).

And Balanced, Balanced. What do I do after high projectile? Run to gain ground? Predator's running speed is insanely slow, so it won't help much. I got the impression that his overhead projectile was sped up, too, not sure if it can be blocked on reaction (only played two games against Balanced Kenshi, in slight lag).

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
So guys, uh, how do ... I deal with this character? Supposedly he's garbage, but he's actually potentially the character I struggle against most in the entire game with HQT Predator. And that goes for all variations, but I realise they're all very different.

Anyway, this variation seems to have good mixups and literally insane damage. The player I was up against was doing 40+ damage off of every midscreen combo if I recall correctly. Decent zoning a well, no? What's its weaknesses? Other than, I suppose, being meter hungry (and unsafe on EX OH launcher?).

And Balanced, Balanced. What do I do after high projectile? Run to gain ground? Predator's running speed is insanely slow, so it won't help much. I got the impression that his overhead projectile was sped up, too, not sure if it can be blocked on reaction (only played two games against Balanced Kenshi, in slight lag).
If you're referring to Possessed, no one has ever claimed that it's garbage. In fact, it's one of the strongest characters in the game. Dealing with his teleport "pressure" is just a matter of labbing it with your character. Predator can beat Kenshi's teleport into jump in punch with D1 or F1. Perhaps others here can give a more in depth explanation on how to fight Possessed. As for Balanced, slight lag can mess you up when working your way in. Other than that, it's not that hard. Duck a teleflurry, run in. Read an overhead slash, run in. Read a push, jump it. Of course, a good Balanced player will mix all these options to keep you out, but it's a easy to beat mediocre Balanced players who try to just go for one move.

Thanks! No, I'm actually referring specifically to Kenjutsu and Balanced. I know Possessed is considered to be his strongest variation, and while I do think his teleport pressure is extremely obnoxious to deal with, I haven't versed a Possessed Kenshi with HQT Predator yet. I went up against one with Sektor pre patch and couldn't deal with the teleport. Really, if you don't know how to counter his teleport you're pretty much dead. But I labbed it and it turned out I could do 4 xx teleport into a combo for quite a lot of damage. If I recall correctly the most consistent and safe method was just punishing with an uppercut, though, but it's been a while.