What's new

Question How to punish Deathstroke's sword spin with WW?

Enigma

Noob
As the title says, I find it really hard to punish it. Every time I manage to get in after eating many, MANY bullets, he just does the sword spin and get away with it. Even on block I can't seem to punish it with anything. Any suggestions?

I don't know the range of her attacks but the only thing she has fast enough to punish it is D1 (Lasso) or F1 (Sword)

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
As the title says, I find it really hard to punish it. Every time I manage to get in after eating many, MANY bullets, he just does the sword spin and get away with it. Even on block I can't seem to punish it with anything. Any suggestions?
Do you mean Sword Flip or Sword Spin because those are two different moves? Can't she get a full combo punish with b.1,1,3 against both of those moves on block?

DOOM

Noob
I don't know the range of her attacks but the only thing she has fast enough to punish it is D1 (Lasso) or F1 (Sword)
She gets pushed back too far to D1 in lasso. F1 in sword stance does work though only when she's kind of close.

d3 in lasso is can be useful depending on where you were when you blocked sword spin. If you're too far it whiffs and you'll probably get blown up but at the right range Deathstroke at least has to respect it.

The best thing you can do is bait Deathstroke to whiff it tbh. If you end up blocking it the options are limited and situational.

Enigma

Noob
Do you mean Sword Flip or Sword Spin because those are two different moves? Can't she get a full combo punish with b.1,1,3 against both of those moves on block?
Both. Nah, I've tried that but for some reason he recovers by the time my b1 hits him. It could be because my internet is bad..not sure.

She gets pushed back too far to D1 in lasso. F1 in sword stance does work though only when she's kind of close.

d3 in lasso is can be useful depending on where you were when you blocked sword spin. If you're too far it whiffs and you'll probably get blown up but at the right range Deathstroke at least has to respect it.

The best thing you can do is bait Deathstroke to whiff it tbh. If you end up blocking it the options are limited and situational.
Like you said, d1 doesn't reach him because of the small push back. I never use the sword stance but I guess I can try d3 and see if it works. :p

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Both. Nah, I've tried that but for some reason he recovers by the time my b1 hits him. It could be because my internet is bad..not sure.

Like you said, d1 doesn't reach him because of the small push back. I never use the sword stance but I guess I can try d3 and see if it works. :p
B,F+3 punishes everything in sword stance. But it is lag. I know you can punish that with i11, so b+1 should work.

Reactions: SLy

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Sword spin, db3, is safe on block, sword flip, df3, is punishable.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
She can punish sword flip, df3, with b1 into a full combo. I think Sword spin, db3, is safe, even though the frame data says it's not.