What's new

Video/Tutorial How to punish Bane (up to 69% damage)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Thanks to Maxintensity25 for the tips on dashing.

In this video we'll see the high damage options for:
- jumping over a Charge
- MB B3ing a Charge (standard, 1 bar, and bounce)

- dash-under punishing Uppercut (standard, 1 bar, and bounces)
- F3 punish tech for Uppercut reaching 56%

additional notes thanks to experimenting with 16 bit:
- F3 will whiff on non-MB Uppercut
- MB F3 will beat armor on Uppercut Venom level 1 and 2.

67% F3 PUNISH (very tight) credit to Reborn
F3, 2 Dash Whiff, B3, F3, F2 Bounce, F3, F2 Trait
(F2 Whiff is possible but even tighter)

GGA 16 Bit
Ninj
Krayzie
RunwayMafia

Reborn

Noob
Some alternative combos using trait:
f3, f2, bounce, f3, f2, full trait = 54%
f3, f2, MB dash wiff, b3, f3, f2, full trait = 59%
f3, f2, MB dash wiff, b3, f3, f2, bounce, f3, f2, full trait = 69%

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Some alternative combos using trait:
f3, f2, bounce, f3, f2, full trait = 54%
f3, f2, MB dash wiff, b3, f3, f2, full trait = 59%
f3, f2, MB dash wiff, b3, f3, f2, bounce, f3, f2, full trait = 69%

Yeah. The Helios whiff versions are massive but increeeedibly tight due to hitting them airborne first.

STORMS
AK GamerBlake
Can I get my title changed from (50%+) to "(up to 69% damage)" please?

Reborn

Noob
Yeah. The Helios whiff versions are massive but increeeedibly tight due to hitting them airborne first.
Yeah it takes some timing but this variation isn't too bad and definitely viable. Even without wiffing the dash, the bottom two combos do 54% and 61% respectively.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Great stuff!!! I knew about jump over and punish. Also the mb b3. But I didn't know you can move forward with the uppercut. I thought that uppercut can stun you. I'm going to put this in my repertoire.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Is dashing under cat woman specific?
Dash under can be done by most of the cast when bane does Vupper full range, some have trouble when he does it point blank.

@Under_The_Mayo Im sure doombz will come in here and say this, but you should retest the F3 punish to the Vupper. No bane will throw that out without armor, and the armor will eat the hit of the f3 that you are using to punish(MB or not). If you MB it you might be able to get from under him and recover in time to punish, but I doubt it. Also the hit box on the Vupper is not just hit feet and knees, it extends up to some of his back. If you are hit by the Vupper from above his waist it changes the block advantage from minus six to up to around plus 12. Really good stuff here, its scary that people are actively looking to find and share punishes to this character now =[

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Dash under can be done by most of the cast when bane does Vupper full range, some have trouble when he does it point blank.

@Under_The_Mayo Im sure doombz will come in here and say this, but you should retest the F3 punish to the Vupper. No bane will throw that out without armor, and the armor will eat the hit of the f3 that you are using to punish(MB or not). If you MB it you might be able to get from under him and recover in time to punish, but I doubt it. Also the hit box on the Vupper is not just hit feet and knees, it extends up to some of his back. If you are hit by the Vupper from above his waist it changes the block advantage from minus six to up to around plus 12. Really good stuff here, its scary that people are actively looking to find and share punishes to this character now =[
Her F3 will punish the uppercut anywhere inside sweep distance. And we tested the armor. Her MB F3 will eat through his level 1 and 2 venom versions. Only venom 3 will avoid this punish.

Ra Helios

STORMS
AK GamerBlake
Can I get my title changed from (50%+) to "(up to 69% damage)" please?
Under_The_Mayo
GGA 16 Bit
Krayzie
AK Pig Of The Hut ( read this)
catwoman destroy Bain 6-4
Catwoman back3 is amazing
She can do her 122 setup right
If Bain wake up with double punch
She can dodge that with the b3 by holding it down and punishing him at the same time
If Bain do a uppercut she has enough space for the 122 setup where she can jus hold b3 and cancel it and do a 50/50mix up with it.
His body press if you have nice observations. You can hold b3mb it and punish Bain
Now that Bain is scared to wake up and dont even know what To do. bain is showing in his on sweat because he will know he will be punish Now, this opportunity for catwoman can do her 50/50 mix up on Bain
Test it out.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Not bad. I'm impressed.
I figured it was right to believe max when he said "It's only 6-4 for now."
Very nice finds. I do agree you should show them with venomed Bane, but that aside great job.
Glad to see the game developing more for everyone.

Chakk dizzle

That's baaaaane
Under_The_Mayo
GGA 16 Bit
Krayzie
She can dodge that with the b3 by holding it down and punishing him at the same time
If Bain do a uppercut she has enough space for the 122 setup where she can jus hold b3 and cancel it and do a 50/50mix up with it.
His body press if you have nice observations. You can hold b3mb it and punish Bain
Now that Bain is scared to wake up because he will know he will be punish
Now, this opportunity for catwoman can do her 50/50 mix up on Bain
Test it out.
Catwoman may destroy "bain" 6-4 but BANE does not lose to catwoman.

Ra Helios

6 4 is slight advantage. That doesn`t mean destroy at all. And it`s not time to just start throwing out random matchup numbers.
Im not. i always thought the match was 6-4 even before the buff and bane punish tech even came out

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Under_The_Mayo
GGA 16 Bit
Krayzie
Now that Bain is scared to wake up and dont even know what To do. bain is showing in his on sweat because he will know he will be punish Now, this opportunity for catwoman can do her 50/50 mix up on Bain
Test it out.

I like this concept. It'd be nice if you could get a straight punish on wakeup venom since that's his go to wakeup but his is better than just backing up and letting him up if I'm not sure.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I dunno, the idea of "hold the MB b.3 to punish" looks nice on paper, but why would I wake-up at all if you're just going to sit in my face with a Mb b.3 on hold? Against Catwoman we have to be careful because of the cross-dash thing so I feel like Mb f.3 would be the better option since its double hit, has a lot more active frames, and hits overhead meaning if Bane is sitting there blocking low to avoid the dash set-up he gets opened up, where as if you did the Mb b.3 he would end up blocking it regardless.

Just my thoughts on it.