What's new

Video/Tutorial - Liu Kang How To Punish Alien's Tail Flip

GreatKungLao

LiuTana

It is most likely a common knowledge already, but what the hell, I'm a slowpoke.

Tail Flip is -7 on block and considered "safe" against majority of the cast since Alien can poke after and iterrupt any non armor attempts to counter attack. Liu Kang has 6 frame normal which is f1. It takes 1 frame to release the block and then you have 6 frames to punich Alien's Tail Flip. The timing is difficult, but payback is nice.

You can punish it the same way with Raiden since he also has 6 frames normal which is f1 also.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Characters with 6 frame (non crouching poke) attack:
Jax - Standing 1
Jacqui - Standing 1
Raiden - F1
Liu Kang - F1
Cassie - Standing 2

Don't think I missed anybody, but these characters should be able to punish it. Not sure if there's any hitbox issues that make it impossible to do. I included this because you added the spoiler with Raidens F1.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Characters with 6 frame (non crouching poke) attack:
Jax - Standing 1
Jacqui - Standing 1
Raiden - F1
Liu Kang - F1
Cassie - Standing 2

Don't think I missed anybody, but these characters should be able to punish it. Not sure if there's any hitbox issues that make it impossible to do. I included this because you added the spoiler with Raidens F1.
Is Tremor's f1 6f or 7f?

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
i7 or faster reversals
Jax PU (EXgotcha)
Kung lao(spin)
Cassie (flipkick)
Kano(up ball)
Reptile(slide)
All i can remember

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Pretty sure it does. I'm not that skilled but I can get the punish pretty consistently. It feels like at least a 3-4 frame window.

As soon as you block the tail flip you can let go of block and mash out your normal.

Here's Jacqui's punish:

If you'd like, I can record a video of me punishing it consecutively in a row. It's not that tight a punish window. It can't be a true just frame punish for me to be able to get it that consistently.

I knows it's definitely -7 so that only leaves a normal reversal window for this particular special.

Before you completely dismiss the idea, try it with Jacqui or Jax. It's actually not that hard.

Frenzy

Noob
Alternatively with dualist you can do f1 dd1 113 or f12 dd1 rc 113. They are harder but lead into bigger damage.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
While all of the attacks listed above do punish the OH flip in most situations, I want to reiterate that at some distances the OH flip is actually 100% safe, being -6 or less. This happens most commonly after a B3 or F4 at long range.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Pretty sure it does. I'm not that skilled but I can get the punish pretty consistently. It feels like at least a 3-4 frame window.

As soon as you block the tail flip you can let go of block and mash out your normal.

Here's Jacqui's punish:

If you'd like, I can record a video of me punishing it consecutively in a row. It's not that tight a punish window. It can't be a true just frame punish for me to be able to get it that consistently.

I knows it's definitely -7 so that only leaves a normal reversal window for this particular special.

Before you completely dismiss the idea, try it with Jacqui or Jax. It's actually not that hard.
I can punish just frames consistently too. It's being confirmed that it is a just frame you punish with a normal 1 sec

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
An Overhead that can be cancelled into at any point, is airborne, and leads to a hard knockdown that only half a dozen characters can punish for any real damage. Man, I can't wait for the patch.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
we should take into account, that it matters where the Tail flip is used, if in air i think alien is safer than done on ground, and im sure some moves alter the blockstun, and some cncels could effect the Blockstun or punish as well. all theory speculation, but im sure the in air is less punishable.