What's new

Question - Johnny Cage How to properly utilise ex forceball

Wigy

There it is...
People, i need some inspiration for how to integrate it into my game.

Where/when do you use it?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I'm no main by any means but I'd probably use it if I have no stamina to run cancel with and I'm doing a string or something.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
i like using it against Kotal. If you try to zone out a good kotal player who will most likely parry all your forceballs. Thats when i sometimes throw out an ex one so he get hit and starts approaching me hahah. Well its not the best thing to do here but its s till funny sometimes when Kotal parries everything and then your are like suck on that!

But besides that id just use it manly for zoning or chipping purposes.

I Am The LK

Here my battle cry (Meow)
People, i need some inspiration for how to integrate it into my game.

Where/when do you use it?
Do you have a xboner or ps4? Whats your gt? But I'd use it when I'm out of stamina or when I know the opponent won't armor

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
It's kinda good for gaining the advantage in a zoning match?

It's also somewhat useful vs someone who doesn't know the matchup... since you can interrupt it and or duck it depending on your character...

Honestly the only time I use exfb and feel good about it (rather than cry and whine that its not OP BS like MK9 exfb) is when I get X factor Johnny, I will fucking ex forceball like a god damn mad man. Shit does so much damage and it will absolutely fuck with someone when you take half their health down in a blink of an eye.

Wigy

There it is...
At the moment im using it to get some advantage when im low on stamina or open people up when recovering safely. So like if i ran in and then did f3 rc 113/f2 mixup into ex fb

Also, after a partially charge flipkick in the corner against characters with poor range pokes you can do d4exfb. Its surprisingly effective as you are only moderately negative.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
With Fisticuffs EX forceball is a must to get some advantage.

Also I tend to use D,B+2+block version of the ex forceball if I am at full screen vs non teleport characters. With fistbump enabled you guarantee damage with this. If they jump, they get hit. If they stay on the ground they get hit or either they get the 4% chip. No escape xD

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
I'm pretty comfortable with saying that in SD this has very little utility except for a corner combo. In SD it's plus 6 but there's a gap in between the forceballs that's not there in A-List and Fisticuffs. With A-List though, if you notice they are armoring through your F3 run cancel you can use this and it jails, they have to take the chip, or get hit because they tried to armor. Fisticuffs, it's only useful to give off the impression that Fisticuffs has pressure.