What's new

Question How To Properly Do Adams invincible wake-up Lightning Cage

ReZo

MKX
Alright so after the tournament tonight @TopOfTheFoodChain2 I know my biggest problem with Adam is properly doing the invincible wake-up lightning cage to get out of corner pressure.

I have only been using Adam for a week, and felt that I didn't perform well at all in the tourney, I got 9th place, I knew what to do, it was just getting blown up because I was inputting it wrong?

WA = (Wakeup Attack) LC = (Lightning Cage)

Is there some trick to getting the Invincible WA LC to come out properly?

Does it not work on a hard knockdown?

I hopped in the lab last night and put the AI on a mid-hitting jab, namely DD's D1 into his earthshaker (Party Time)

So I noticed that even though it showed "Wakeup Attack" when I wasn't hit, that I was interrupted before it would come out.

What is the timing on it?

The second Adam hits the ground?

Or should I wait until his body becomes horizontal to the ground to input the DB3?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :p

Smarrgasm

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Alright so after the tournament tonight @TopOfTheFoodChain2 I know my biggest problem with Adam is properly doing the invincible wake-up lightning cage to get out of corner pressure.

I have only been using Adam for a week, and felt that I didn't perform well at all in the tourney, I got 9th place, I knew what to do, it was just getting blown up because I was inputting it wrong?

WA = (Wakeup Attack) LC = (Lightning Cage)

Is there some trick to getting the Invincible WA LC to come out properly?

Does it not work on a hard knockdown?

I hopped in the lab last night and put the AI on a mid-hitting jab, namely DD's D1 into his earthshaker (Party Time)

So I noticed that even though it showed "Wakeup Attack" when I wasn't hit, that I was interrupted before it would come out.

What is the timing on it?

The second Adam hits the ground?

Or should I wait until his body becomes horizontal to the ground to input the DB3?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks :p

Smarrgasm
Timing is different for each knockdown so you just gotta get used to it. It all comes down to how each move knocks you onto the ground. Thats about all i can say about it. Just gotta find the window for it. Once you get it down it is huge though cause this wake up is deadly. Just be careful when trying to mash it out or do it every time cause people are learning to blow it up more and more.

ReZo

MKX
Timing is different for each knockdown so you just gotta get used to it. It all comes down to how each move knocks you onto the ground. Thats about all i can say about it. Just gotta find the window for it. Once you get it down it is huge though cause this wake up is deadly. Just be careful when trying to mash it out or do it every time cause people are learning to blow it up more and more.

Thanks for the reply, I'll just grind it out in the lab until I finally get it, gonna take forever.

Have you tested it against DD's D1, Earthshaker, D1, Earthshaker. In that specific order where after you get knocked down by the first earthshaker, when you do the Cage, the first frame he's getting up, DD's next D1 is already hitting Adam.

I'd love to know if it was just me or if there is some fluke here.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I mash the shit out of it.

Though, when the inputs reverse on a cross up, I often fuck it up.

ReZo

MKX
I guess that will be what I'll have to start doing, I tried getting the timing down for it but meh, gonna just mash the shit out of it, and for crossups, just half-circle it forward and backward LOL, should work right? haha Thanks again

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I never get it off online...i try to time it, which is impossible online. And mashing it never works for me. Offline well, it's pretty brain dead...