Question How to pressure with cage?

Vagrant

Noob
f3
f3 1
F3 3 EX green shit
d3
21 f2

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

f3 is johnny cages staple.

I could be dead wrong, I don't play cage... But I've fought hundreds.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Im thinking of picking up cage and I want to know good pressure tactics with him

I've played you before in the past. Jax player? Anyway, like everyone here has said. F3..he throws that stupid knee out and you can't get past it without patience. You can't jump out of it either. F3, d3, f3, 21, etc. etc.

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
Don't forget 1,1 and 1,1,+1 as well as the throw

F3, F3,3, F3,3,B3, 1,1 1,1,+1, D3, D4, Throw, 2,1,F2 and 2,1,B4, not to mention his sweep which is +5 and his overhead F4

He has a lot, the people saying he only has F3 as really limiting themselves

Flagg

Noob
Once you've built a full bar within 3 seconds, you can then use F3 ex fireball for some variety from regular F3. A couple of d3 and you have yourself a mix up strategy that will make the Elder Gods themselves, quake.

Just roll your head around on the controller, something's bound to happen. No, but seriously, check out REO's vid, it pretty much explains most of his options. If you have any questions just ask, there's a good amount of Cage players around here.

Don't forget, to pressure with things like 2,1,F2.

While this is a good string.

Don't forget to occasionally cut the string early.

do liek
2,1,F2

or 2,1
2,1,F2

If you cut it early, and they expect the rest of the string. you can start all over.

However if you are predictable. They'll poke out and get out.

When you think they are gonna poke out early. Just finish your string.

Then combo into F3, nutpunch.

This is just 1 example of pressure with his strings.

same goes for F3,3,B3.

Cut some of his strings early, and you can get chip. Commit to finishing the string, when you think they want to poke out.

There is ALOT more to johnny cage than just F3 lol.

Mortal_Cage

"In Cage We Trust"
Cage has many options to give pressure. You can go for the f3, f33, f33b3 (only if the opponent is crouching, but beware, they can fuzzy guard it), f33exforceball, 1, 11, 2, 21 into throw, and more. You can jip into 11f1 after they are in nut punch animation to go back into pressure, and add pokes (d1, d3).

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Use some flip stance and b2 cancel gimmicks too. Don't listen to people that say they don't work because they hella do and they stylish too :)

21f2 is cages best core pressure mixup... if they guess wrong u can get a combo into a reset... 2 is neutral and has great recovery and hits on crouch block its decent to mix in also.... 21 forces the opponent stand because the followup to the string is an overhead... this allows u to jail them standing with either another 21 , a 11 or either a 11f1 frame trap or f33ex fb frame trap.... if u combine this tactic with his core f33b3 mixup which involves staggering and occassionaly finishing u will find success... especially if u can bait armor or pokes and punish them with f3.... its all about reading how your opponent reacts and adjusting... some respect too much and some u need to make them respect your shit. always make them respect your shit.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
''always make them respect your shit" ....there's a good quote for a sig right der...I'm learning his pressure too. Tanks