What's new

How to pressure with Baraka's F4.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I am pretty sure @Dizzy clarified that there is no unblocking frame. The reason you need a 6 frame move to punish a -7 move is because NRS startup frames do not include the first active frame (it is done in an older style and 6 frame startup means it hits on frame 7). It’s just that reversal specials and throws have one less startup frame. As such, if Baraka is neutral on block, his seven frame d3 will not beat a seven frame reversal d3 from the defender. It will trade.

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I am pretty sure @Dizzy clarified that there is no unblocking frame. The reason you need a 6 frame move to punish a -7 move is because NRS startup frames do not include the first active frame (it is done in an older style and 6 frame startup means it hits on frame 7). It’s just that reversal specials and throws have one less startup frame. As such, if Baraka is neutral on block, his seven frame d3 will not beat a seven frame reversal d3 from the defender. It will trade.
I checked his last posts up to a year before, saw no mention of it.

Great video. Seems especially useful for bone picker since he can tick off of the d3 and 11 if the opponent respects the frames or has slow pokes.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Here’s dizzy’s part of it. UltraDavid mentions that specials have one less startup frame when done as a reversal, which Dizzy alludes to... Ultradavid has a billion twitter posts but if you have the patience to scroll I promise you’ll see it.

I even went back to may 4th and april 19 for ultradavid and dizzy respectively and didn't see this.

This clears up some misconceptions I had, should be stickied somewhere to say the least.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I even went back to may 4th and april 19 for ultradavid and dizzy respectively and didn't see this.

This clears up some misconceptions I had, should be stickied somewhere to say the least.
Yup no problem. On twitter, it may be because you checked "tweets" as opposed to "tweets and replies." The ones I referenced are on the latter, and on mobile they are on separate tabs.