What's new

How to play P2P. Being able to connect to everyone. (Hamachi)

Birkin

Noob
First download and install the newest version of Hamachi. There is no need to register for anything.

http://hamachi.en.softonic.com/download

1. You will be prompted to chose an username.
2. You will be prompted to join a network

The network you will join is "classic mk" with no quotes, and the password will be 1234.

You can see all the people who have joined that network, along with their IP and your IP. Now, next time you want to play P2P you will simply enter the IP shown in Hamachi's network (the one you or they were assigned). So for example, if little Billy is hosting, simply enter his IP at the connect screen on the P2P client and play. It's that simple.

This is useful for people who couldn't previously connect by P2P and have a bad ping in God-Weapon kaillera server. The gameplay will be smoother (less random lag spikes) and there is little to no chance of getting desynched.

Credits: Yamanayajajerayajaraja

wazz

Noob
How to play P2P. Being able to connect to everyone.

jus wondering. will the port forwardin b nesscary if u do this hamchi thing

am p2p ready so this hamachi aint 4 me

Nah that's the point of Hamachi so you don't have to worry about port forwarding and all that other bullshit. It does it for you. Anyways if it already works for ya then don't worry about it. But we should all be able to play p2p in tourneys now.

you need the same kaillera version as the other person too btw

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder

wazz said:
jus wondering. will the port forwardin b nesscary if u do this hamchi thing

am p2p ready so this hamachi aint 4 me
Trust me, just try it out at least. Everyone should be able to connect using this, not just with a select few. When Birkin and I played with this it was practically offline.

iammud

Noob

Hamachi is awesome!

I created 4 more networks for hamachi

classic mk1
classic mk2
classic mk3
classic umk3

all use the 1234 passwords

This way we know what games the users are looking to play. We can use this as a replacement for the "waiting for games" feature in p2p since no one really uses it...

iammud

Noob

The way I look at it is this application can also be used for matchmaking. Since it has chat, and the other features, it's perfect for this. However, since "classic mk" covers 4 of the games supported in mame, why not have 4 specific networks for each game? It can be a place to idle, and show yourself as available for that specific game. I wanted an mk2 specific network, so I decided to make all 4.

IDK bout you guys, but I'm looking at this thing as a blessing, as I'm sick of giving out my aim/msn screennames to random people I don't know...

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder

mud said:
The way I look at it is this application can also be used for matchmaking. Since it has chat, and the other features, it's perfect for this. However, since "classic mk" covers 4 of the games supported in mame, why not have 4 specific networks for each game? It can be a place to idle, and show yourself as available for that specific game. I wanted an mk2 specific network, so I decided to make all 4.

IDK bout you guys, but I'm looking at this thing as a blessing, as I'm sick of giving out my aim/msn screennames to random people I don't know...
I agree, good thinking.

wazz

Noob

this hamachi is awsome. i followed Birkins instructions very well. the best thing he can connect 2 me and i can connect 2 him on p2p. every1 shud get this asap if they play on kaiilera. imo this is better than p2p

REO

Undead

i got this working and everything. but when im playing against someone and i go to hit end to block(cause the set up i use to play umk3 on keyboard uses end for block) the message log keeps popping up and its basically unplayable. tab doesnt work for some reason when i try to edit the settings, so is there another way to edit the controls on mame without tab?

iammud

Noob

BiohazardR30 said:
is there another way to edit the controls on mame without tab?
It sounds like you rebound your key. Delete the default.cfg, this should reset your controls.

If you're running on windows vista/7, and your tab key was missing at install, you need a cfg editor like CFG Magician or something similar.

REO

Undead

mud said:
It sounds like you rebound your key. Delete the default.cfg, this should reset your controls.

If you're running on windows vista/7, and your tab key was missing at install, you need a cfg editor like CFG Magician or something similar.
thanks. i deleted the file and was able to edit the controls

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder

I used to have similar problems with the keyboard but I'm not sure how I fixed it. I got a controller so I stopped worrying...

wazz

Noob

Can som1 tell me wat the green and blue colour spots mean. also what does Direct tunnel and relayed tunnel mean

Edit I think i found the answers

wazz said:
What do the different color indicators mean in LogMeIn Hamachi2?

A small circle in front of each peer on your Hamachi2 list is a status indicator. The color of this indicator reflects the status of the connection between you and a peer.

1. A gray indicator means that the peer is offline and there is no connectivity with it.
2. A blinking green indicator means that the peer is online and Hamachi2 is working to establish a connection. It typically takes under a second to establish the tunnel, but sometimes it may take up to few minutes.
3. A solid green indicator means that you have direct connection with a peer.
4. A cyan indicator means that Hamachi2 was not able to establish direct connection and that you are connected to a peer via a high-speed relay.
5. A cyan down-pointing arrow is the same as the previous type, except that it indicates the use of low-speed relay.
6. A yellow indicator means that Hamachi2 failed to establish both direct or relayed connection with a peer.

Additionally, red status means that you are blocking all network traffic to/from this peer. This block can be toggled via a right-click menu.

wazz said:
Which ports and protocols does LogMeIn Hamachi2 use?

If you receive a relayed tunnel, it can be caused by a failure to negotiate a port for the data connection. Try following the port forwarding instructions at the bottom of this document.

Hamachi2 uses several ports to achieve connectivity to the mediation servers, and to peers.
Server Connectivity

* TCP 12975 (initiator port)
* TCP 32976 (session port)

If the above ports cannot be used to achieve a connection, Hamachi2 will try again using SSL (TCP 443).
Peer Connectivity

Peer connectivity has several methods and ports. By default, Hamachi2 will broker a peer connection over UDP. UDP uses random ports by specification, so it is not possible to open a single port for peer connections for UDP.

If UDP direct connectivity cannot be established, Hamachi2 will try to initiate a relayed UDP connection. This is done with the target of:

* UDP 17771 (relay connection port)

If UDP direct and relayed methods fail, it is somewhat unlikely that TCP connectivity will work, however, Hamachi2 will try it. In some environments, a hardware firewall is used to block traffic on specific ports, but not protocols. As such, Hamachi2 will try to broker a connection between peers over TCP 443 (non-SSL)

And lastly, Hamachi2 will try a relayed connection over TCP 443 (non-SSL) before giving the user a message that the peer is unreachable.
note Note:
TCP peer connections are very unlikely to be successful in cases where UDP connections would not work, because the triggers for them not working are the same (router issues, improperly configured NAT, multiple NAT devices on both ends).
Additional Notes

You can set a static UDP listening port and TCP handshake port by configuring it in System > Preferences > Settings > Advanced Settings under Peer Connections. The larger box can be left empty as it is only needed if you have multiple internet connections.

iammud

Noob
These networks are limited to 16 users per network. So PLEASE start logging off from the networks when you quit. As it is, I'm going to start having to evict people (already have been, sorry guys).

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
mud said:
These networks are limited to 16 users per network. So PLEASE start logging off from the networks when you quit. As it is, I'm going to start having to evict people (already have been, sorry guys).
My bad. I actually knew that ahead of time too lol.

wazz

Noob
mud said:
u mite azwell take me off hamachi. I don't use it anymore I uninstalled it ages. Has normal p2p works fine wit me when I host

I have hamachi running and mame32 0.64 but how can i see if someone is hosting? when i log on to "classic umk3 " server i see a couple off people online, i can ping them,but when i enter there ipadress in kaillera nothing happens.
only "connecting" nothing else.

Gematria

Noob
GoldenOreos said:
i made a new network

network-classicmk.com
pass-1234
I think i connected to it last night without a password and there was only 2 people in there, neither playing MK. Btw my ping was thru the roof! lol but what is hamachi?

X820

Noob
Hamachi is just another way of playing p2p, but without having to set your ports in your router etc..

I personally don't use it though, it keeps running after you close the app, wich seems strange to me that a program that OPENS ports does that lol.