What's new

How to Play MK Deception Effectively with certain characters.

Smausaran252

Omnisafraud
Yes, it's easy to learn the game, using the characters specials & attacks to their full use however, is not. For example, For the scorpion players, you all know the BnB combos. For those of u who dont, u after you do a combo, u can use the hellfire for additional damage. Note however, that the damage the hellfire does decreases depending on how effective the starting combos were.

Now, if you like to play as Sub-Zero(I know I do), You already know to send out those clones & freezeballs. An easy way to get ppl trapped in a clone is to set them up for it. Say your facing Liu Kang(Or a Liu Kang player), you can easily trap him in a clone when he tries a flying kick, or if NIghtwolf uses his shoulder rush, & etc.

For anyone who plays as Noob-Smoke(I do, very well.), you need to start with smoke for the most part. His Smoke cloud is similar to SubZero's Ice Clone, but you can use it more effectively to the point where if someone, say Kabal, was going to attack you with his hookswords, you can hurry up & use the opportunity to use the cloud & stun them. From what I've seen, it adds about 5 percent damage. His Tele-uppercut is very useful for setting up combos or(If the opponent jumps), getting behind them. Their team teleports are very use full for a quick shot. Noob is a good fighting character, but his we live punch is practically worthless & his invisibility doesnt work properly due to the camera still following were he moves.

That's all I can put for now, I coulda put more, But I have some stuff I gotta do.

Smausaran252

Omnisafraud
Continuing from before,

Kenshi: To use him effectively, use his tele-flurry at whenever possible times, Considering it's amazing range. Use his push when you're low on health & need to keep them away. His lift(Like Ermac) Can be used to chain combos & be used as anti-air. His teleport is good because it's quick & you can start attacking immediately after. His toss move is also good when your near the corner & need to switch sides to gain the upper hand.

Ermac: Ermac has very high combo capability. His Hado-energy is a pretty good projectile, but it leaves you open if your too close to them & you will be hit. His tele-throw & lift are the same as Kenshi(Look above). His float is good for 2 reasons: You can bait them to attack & use the floating kick or you can do the mystic bomb to add more damage to certain combos.

Nightwolf: Nightwolf is a very good character to use if you're on the defensive side. His arrows do significant damage & his reflector can not only reflect projectiles, but it can go through moves such as Scorpion's spear. His Shoulder rush is good for ending combos & a good push back move. His lighting attack isn't that useful(Or at least, I have no use for it).

Smausaran252

Omnisafraud
Darrius: His play style is interesting. He has to dash punches, but one can go around the guard(Can be blocked above though), while the other is a low hit & can easily put some distance between your opponent & you. His Projectile......isn't the best, you shouldn't use it that much. His spinning kick is great 'cause it does the same as the punches, but has an easier chance of hitting while doing more damage.

Kabal: Kabal is also really good in this game. His projectile is one of the fastest in the game(Sadly cant be used in air like UMK3). His dash is great, even if you miss, you still have a chance to hit. His Nomad's touch...is a very wierd move. I don't recommend you use it unless you want to laugh