What's new

Question How to play DD

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
So ive been picking up this character for some MU's I dont want to play bane in and I was wondering a few things

Is there no point in doing mbES combos? Whenever I land a body splash I go for 22xxmbES, d2, b3, j2, 22xVenom and in the corner I do 123, 1xxmbES, d2, 3xxES generally taking 38 without a jump in. I dont really see any of that in tournament footage so is this a pointless use of meter?

Is there no point in using mbES as a mix up? Like f2xxmbES. It is really slow for a mix up, but I was wondering if you ever catch anyone with it

Is there any use in the 22-2+3 string? It grabs on block, but just looking at it I feel I could armor out of the grab with bane. Do you see any use mixing in the tick throw string with 22xxES, or does the grab suck anyway because it throws them fullscreen away?

Is 3xxtrait a safe way to get your trait on? Also what other ways do you get trait on, and once its on how does DD's play change(since venom doesnt get any armor when trait is on)

Is there any use in the wake up reverse combo? 11/22xxmbES, d2~walk~d3~ dash, NJ reverses wake ups in the corner and mid screen, I just dont know if its work cutting damage to reverse a wake up

When do you use upward venom or the air grab? Also when you air grab in what situations would you MB burn it?

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
The 2,2,1+3 string is good but must be mixed up with 2,2, ES. Its very easy to mb, b3 in between the 2 and 1+3. Its such a slow string that people have plenty of time to react to it. Mb ES never works for me unless the person sucks at blocking ES to start with

Is there no point in doing mbES combos? There is a point to doing it midscreen. The reason you don't see it very often is because Doomsday doesn't use combos that often. But we do use them.

Is there no point in using mbES as a mix up? No do not use as a mixup. It is reactable to. It is an ok gimmick to try in pools if your opponent doesn't seem to know what is going on, but if that's true you can win without gimmicks anyways.

Is there any use in the 22-2+3 string? It is a 50/50 between that and 2,2 ES. If your opponent knows you are going for the position reverse grab, just put in ES instead and you get 12% damage.

Is 3xxtrait a safe way to get your trait on? It is technically punishable, but no one will do it. They are too scared of 3,3 and by the time the see what's going on it will be too late.

Once its on how does DD's play change? Your whole goal is to get in. Use MB Supernova to get in. Use dashes, use jump ins, use raw shoulders. Whatever it takes. Some opponents will try and jump out. Some opponents will try d1 over and over. Some opponents back dash, some try strings or specials to buy them time. Just find out what your opponents like to do and blow them up for it.

Is there any use in the wake up reverse combo? If your going for position reverse I like. 2,2 MB ES, D2, B3, J3, Air Snatch. It position reverses and gives you enough frames to dash forward and do a b1, or a b2. If they don't have an invincible wakeup it will stuff them for free.

When do you use upward venom or the air grab? I do upward venom on read of a jump back, but it is risky. For air snatch I almost always MB it for the frames, and the damage and the guessing game. But if you do regular air grab remember to do the dash forward b1, or b2 string if you read they are going to use a non invincible wakeup. If you read wakeup, use MB b3, or f3 to blowup their wakeup.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
So ive been picking up this character for some MU's I dont want to play bane in and I was wondering a few things

Is there no point in doing mbES combos? Whenever I land a body splash I go for 22xxmbES, d2, b3, j2, 22xVenom and in the corner I do 123, 1xxmbES, d2, 3xxES generally taking 38 without a jump in. I dont really see any of that in tournament footage so is this a pointless use of meter?

Is there no point in using mbES as a mix up? Like f2xxmbES. It is really slow for a mix up, but I was wondering if you ever catch anyone with it

Is there any use in the 22-2+3 string? It grabs on block, but just looking at it I feel I could armor out of the grab with bane. Do you see any use mixing in the tick throw string with 22xxES, or does the grab suck anyway because it throws them fullscreen away?

Is 3xxtrait a safe way to get your trait on? Also what other ways do you get trait on, and once its on how does DD's play change(since venom doesnt get any armor when trait is on)

Is there any use in the wake up reverse combo? 11/22xxmbES, d2~walk~d3~ dash, NJ reverses wake ups in the corner and mid screen, I just dont know if its work cutting damage to reverse a wake up

When do you use upward venom or the air grab? Also when you air grab in what situations would you MB burn it?
Well I don't ever use MB ES combos cause mostly I can't every land it. My MB timing is off. Plus I like saving my meter so for bigger damage I try to use the background bounces for damage. The only time I ever really use the 22-U1+3 to end a BG bounce and activate trait. Upward Venom is pretty good for getting people off interactables that they have to jump up to, although depending where you are you might just get hit anyway. Also, I use air grabs on reads like online after batman does a F3 usually they try to jump and cross me up but it will pull em right out. Just kind of depends who you play.