What's new

Breakthrough - Erron Black How to Option Select against 21122 (Anti-Erron Black Tech)

xGunShow

Toronto, Canada @GunShowXO
Some may already be aware of how to do this but most aren't so here it is:

Basically, you can mash out your armored attack while blocking 21122 and no matter when the EB player decides to tick throw, you'll always end up armoring out. If he chooses not to tick throw at all, your armor won't come out so either way you're safe or you get a punish. This limits EB's options on his best string.

How do you do it?

It's a little hard to explain but I'll do my best. When blocking, continuously mash out your armor attack while simultaneously mashing block. For example, in the video shown, Kenshi can mash <db1 block db1 block db1 block> rapidly and the armor will only come out if EB decides to tick throw. Since EB can only tick throw after the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th hit of 21122, don't start mashing until you block the first 2 hits of 21122. After you block the first 2 punches, mash away.

- (@Pig Of The Hut also demonstrates a similar option select in his Anti-Tanya Tech Video. If you're still confused, check his video out. It may help.)
- (Note: This will also work if the EB player chooses to cancel into EX sand grenade at any point in the string except after the last hit)

The only thing that EB can really do is complete the entire 21122 string and be left at -1 or do 21122 EX Sand grenade. Even then, you can either block (which isn't that bad considering nothing is guaranteed after EX sand grenade) or take the last hit and make EB waste a bar of meter while you go full screen and back to the neutral.

Bonus:

This is mostly known as well but you can jump out of f13 EX Sand Grenade. After you block the overhead low, immediately jump up or jump back and the sand ball will whiff completely. However, when it comes to jumping up or back, it's character dependent. Some characters can jump back and still get hit and vice versa. Just be sure to lab and see which option works for your character.

Hope this was helpful.

~

@SonicFox5000
@DarthArma
@HeroesNZ
@Sage Leviathan
@Pig Of The Hut
@Tom Brady
@YOMI DJT
@YOMI FOREVER KING
@YOMI MITYEAP
@YOMI REO
@YOMI RM SaltFace
@YOMI RM JagoBlake
@cR_whiteboi
@cR WoundCowboy
@wsj515
@DownfouralitY
@Youphemism
@General M2Dave
@Slips
@The Farmer
@Undeadjim
@TackyHaddock
@TelekineticBeing
@LeftOverShark
@Dragon_FGC
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@zaf
@Jer
@Ecodus
@SylverRye
@cR Xarakamaka
@Pan1cMode
@DarksydeDash
@RagingRicans
@Dja_Homies
@A F0xy Grampa
@PND_Ketchup
@PND_Mustard
@Red Raptor
@hayatei
@Others

Last edited:

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
I posted the other day that I missed out on the anti-Erron tech so to speak so this is much appreciated. You showed it with my character too :)

NQuad1Zero

Hidden Fraud
Wow, I wasn't aware of jumping out of F13. But Can't people just use F12 instead? It's tonnes safer isn't it? can that be jumped out of? (even though that makes you lose the low part of the string, the overhead beginner is what really matters since everyone knows to block low after blocking the overhead from EB since he has no more overheads afterwards.)

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Some may already be aware of how to do this but most aren't so here it is:

Basically, you can mash out your armored attack while blocking 21122 and no matter when the EB player decides to tick throw, you'll always end up armoring out. If he chooses not to tick throw at all, your armor won't come out so either way you're safe or you get a punish. This limits EB's options on his best string.

How do you do it?

It's a little hard to explain but I'll do my best. When blocking, continuously mash out your armor attack while simultaneously mashing block. For example, in the video shown, Kenshi can mash <db1 block db1 block db1 block> rapidly and the armor will only come out if EB decides to tick throw. Since EB can only tick throw after the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th hit of 21122, don't start mashing until you block the first 2 hits of 21122. After you block the first 2 punches, mash away.

- (@Pig Of The Hut also demonstrates a similar option select in his Anti-Tanya Tech Video. If you're still confused, check his video out. It may help.)
- (Note: This will also work if the EB player chooses to cancel into EX sand grenade at any point in the string except after the last hit)

The only thing that EB can really do is complete the entire 21122 string and be left at -1 or do 21122 EX Sand grenade. Even then, you can either block (which isn't that bad considering nothing is guaranteed after EX sand grenade) or take the last hit and make EB waste a bar of meter while you go full screen and back to the neutral.

Bonus:

This is mostly known as well but you can jump out of f13 EX Sand Grenade. After you block the overhead low, immediately jump up or jump back and the sand ball will whiff completely. However, when it comes to jumping up or back, it's character dependent. Some characters can jump back and still get hit and vice versa. Just be sure to lab and see which option works for your character.

Hope this was helpful.

~

@SonicFox5000
@DarthArma
@HeroesNZ
@Sage Leviathan
@Pig Of The Hut
@Tom Brady
@YOMI DJT
@YOMI FOREVER KING
@YOMI MITYEAP
@YOMI REO
@YOMI RM SaltFace
@YOMI RM JagoBlake
@cR_whiteboi
@cR WoundCowboy
@wsj515
@DownfouralitY
@Youphemism
@General M2Dave
@Slips
@The Farmer
@Undeadjim
@TackyHaddock
@TelekineticBeing
@LeftOverShark
@Dragon_FGC
@EGP Wonder_Chef
@zaf
@Jer
@Ecodus
@SylverRye
@cR Xarakamaka
@Pan1cMode
@DarksydeDash
@RagingRicans
@Dja_Homies
@A F0xy Grampa
@PND_Ketchup
@PND_Mustard
@Red Raptor
@hayatei
@Others
This is awesome and thanks for the tag!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
It gets even better than that. You don't even have to use armour. You can go, duck>let go of block>hold block etc. during the gaps where he can command throw and if he tries to command throw it'll whiff. I'll see if I can record a video of it.

xGunShow

Toronto, Canada @GunShowXO
It gets even better than that. You don't even have to use armour. You can go, duck>let go of block>hold block etc. during the gaps where he can command throw and if he tries to command throw it'll whiff. I'll see if I can record a video of it.
The downside to this is that they can just cancel into EX Sand Grenade
What Heroes said^ but would love to see the video regardless!