What's new

General/Other - Necromancer How to make Necromancer a proper zoning variation

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
So i was thinking a bit about this today, and while i feel like i've come up with a pretty good idea, im not quite 100% sure on all the details and numbers yet, but heres a rough idea.

So for necromancer shinnok, heres what i think should change:

Faster startup on the unblock-able, a bit faster recovery. Its still not all that useable of a move.

Make his flick a high, but give it 3 ranges like his unblockable has, close, mid, and far. Also His far flick should become plus on block, and become more negative at the closer ranges. The closest being the most negative. The reason for making it a high is so that he can have a frame trap if the far high flick is blocked, you get a free check with Skeletal Grab (don't remember the proper name) or you can throw another flick if they keep blocking, and even go for an unblockable if there really too scared to move. While at the same time if they neutral duck the flick they'll be able to advance. The ex flick will remain a mid however and will remain a tracking ability as well as being slightly plus on block (less than the meterless far flick, like +2 or something)

not sure how negative the skeletal grab should be, both should be full combo punishable from close up though.

also, his amulet strike should become -5 in both the variations that use it.

what you think, would he actually be able to zone well with these changes?

Wigy

There it is...
Giving a frametrap flick with a ex version as a mid seems like a terrible idea, like imagine if kenshi had a mid teleflurry.

I know nothing about the character, but on paper on any character this seems like a bad design.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Giving a frametrap flick with a ex version as a mid seems like a terrible idea, like imagine if kenshi had a mid teleflurry.

I know nothing about the character, but on paper on any character this seems like a bad design.
well, theres gotta be some reason u'd spend your meter on the ex flick, otherwise why even have it as an option?

you also have to remember, im trying to compensate for how easy it is to get in in mkx as well. they duck a high flick they'll probably be on there way in anyways.

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM

Boi kenshi has godlike armor shinnok doesn't

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
The grab (I think it's like DB4 or DF4) catches runners.

I'll have you know I am THE best zoning-only necromancer and have 100% credibility to comment in this thread.
I can safely confirm that the grab catches runners as I had it happen to me first hand

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
rather than being a frame trap on ex flick why not just make it have massive pushback
that was my other thought, but i wasnt quite sure which would be the better option, but yeah massive pushback on block would be good. Ex flick wouldnt be doing the frame trapping, Regular far flick would since it would be something like +5 or more on block.