What's new

Question - High Tech how to make high tech viable?

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
1. Off the top of my head her gauntlet charge speed needs to be on par with Kano damage buff Liu Kang's fire fist buff hell even Kotal Kahns damage buff in terms of activation speed
She has the slowest charge ability in the game with barely any safe setups to get her charges out even worse the fact is she has to do this twice or spend a bar of meter.

2. Gauntlet Sparks more plus frames (like goro fire breath). Seeing as she is supposed to be a pressure based character in this variation

3. Gauntlet spark becomes full screen projectile when gauntlets are charged. Would not make her a zoner but it would at least give her a long range option

4. F2,U2 2+4 launches on one charge. This would give her better mid screen combo potential

What do you think? Am I asking for too much? Too little? Share your ideas and maybe High Tech will be viable down the road ( I doubt it but hey I can dream)

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I agree with these changes honestly, except that if she gets the others, she shouldn't be getting more + frames on her cancels, tbh even if she had a faster speed and all that I don't think it would make it good, she has a lot of universal fundamental flaws that will most likely never get fixed. They gave her a lot of nice buffs, yeah! But none of them help her core gameplay tbh, it just made her 2 other variations (Shotgun and HT) go from bottom 5 variations to at least playable. Full-Auto is very good now tho because she can somewhat cover her flaws with her variation specific tools.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Make power up charge like a Smash move. When she dashes back or forth she gets to keep the current charge level. Fuck it, make it like Lex's trait

Kingshootahz

Ain't nobody trilla than shootah.
Ok I've been playing high tech more and more and I gotta say she is very good at AA and anti zoning, I'll upload some match footage where I destroyed this cyber kano with tech shield and Quick burst projectile parries. She requires a good read game and punish game other than that her pressure is on par with Jax but you gotta stay on it and I ain't even upplaying.

iamylem

Noob
I say increase the speed on gauntlet charge, instead of a damage buff let it give her a slight increase on hit/block stun and moderate increase on the range of her normals. This may seem a little overboard but I think it kinda makes up for the slow normals and turned he into a pressure beast.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Gauntlet spark should have more range. It should also have faster startup and recovery. It should be more like Yun's palm strike. As you charge gauntlets, the range should increase as well as the vertical hitbox.

She could also be given the ability to run cancel twice in a combo like A-list. It makes no sense that Cage has this ability but she doesn't.

Less frames on gauntlet charge wouldn't hurt either. Maybe the ex version is only 20 frames while the regular charge is 35?

Cosmos

Noob
Honestly as previously mentioned, I think being able to qbc twice if you have the stamina is one of the most necessary buffs for high tech. What's the point of conditioning people to respect a jailed 121 after qbc's if your stamina doesn't allow for any real mixups without sacrifing tons of damage.

I also wouldn't mind extech shield giving a level of gauntlet charge not that I think she needs it aha.

stosn

Noob
Honestly as previously mentioned, I think being able to qbc twice if you have the stamina is one of the most necessary buffs for high tech. What's the point of conditioning people to respect a jailed 121 after qbc's if your stamina doesn't allow for any real mixups without sacrifing tons of damage.

I also wouldn't mind extech shield giving a level of gauntlet charge not that I think she needs it aha.
with full stamina you can do qbc twice. or am I not correctly understand you

Cosmos

Noob
with full stamina you can do qbc twice. or am I not correctly understand you
No unless i'm mistaken even with full stamina you can't qbc twice. I'm saying she should be able to though as it would actually make all the time spent conditioning people to respect 121 worthwhile.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I made this comment on PND Ketchup's video that was posted but thought I'd copy and paste it here. These were my thoughts on this character, why she's bad and what she needs. Some of what I said was also in response to the video specifically so will be out fo contect.

Her f2u22+4 also changes when she has her gauntlets activated. Level 1 can't be combo'd into midscreen but in the corner it can be with a d1. Level 2 can be combo'd midscreen and in corner for some pretty high damage. It's also +2 on block.

The thing I've found though is that all her run cancels can be poked out of because 1 is a high and her fastest mid attack (that's not a poke is) is f1 which has 15 start up. This makes her pressure a lot worse than other run cancel characters like Lui Kang for example.

There is also no good safe way to charge up your gauntlets. Doing it from full screen you will easily get punished by a projectile and be continued to be out zoned as she has no projectiles and if you get in the charge will soon run out. One was of charging them up safely is to end a juggle combo in the charge rather than with the bf4, but this means sacrificial a lot of damage, especially when she has low damaging combos anyway (when she has no charge). Unfortunately her charge up isn't similar to Kanos ex buff or Lui Kangs ex buff because it's just so slow. The only way i found to do it safely from a knock down is ending a juggle in 212.

The thing I struggle with most though is getting in. She can easily be outzoned by so many characters and with no range it's difficult to get in. Her bf1 has a lot of range though and if ex'd the armour will absorb a projectile and get you in. However if baited it's -27 and you'll get a full punish and even if it does hit you're full screen away again. I've been messing around with shotgun recently and I have the same issue in that variation too.

I also hate how every character with a projectile reflect they don't have to use meter to send the projectile back but with Jacqui you have to ex. This is a good way to stop zoning but having to ex just to try and get in seems unfair when every other character doesn't have to use meter.

I find this character fun but I do think it is one of the worst variations in the game and you have to work very hard to get a win. I think she needs buffs along the line that flame fist got her reflect shouldn't have to be ex's to reflect the projectile. I also think bf1 should be less negative on block. And possibly a standard fireball.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I don't play High Tech, but a tactic I use for Shotgun (which can also work for High Tech) is to play footsies with the following method:

With her great backwards walking speed, I walk backwards to bait my opponent to approach me (or I might just run in). Then, I do D4~RC~4DF2 or 4DB2 (Shotgun). I believe this jails if D4 hits, but I really need to test it. I have a lot of success with this. There's a lot of stun in D4 that people don't often realize. You just have to be mindful of the distance you are from your opponent. At first, I was doing this D4~RC~1212DF2 or DB2, but I was getting hit by lows because 1 is high, so I switched to using 4 (8 frame mid). Considering that DF2 is safe on block, I abuse it as much as possible. Anyway, that's basically my Jacqui poke meta.

I also often do D4 confirmed right into low shotgun blast. It's great for footsies. At first, I was doing D4-standing shotgun, but because the standing shotgun is a high, I'd get countered with lows or D2. Sometimes I do either one though to switch it up. Now, since DF2 is a mid in High Tech, you might want to do D4-DF2 for her footsies or even D4-RC-4DF2-QBRC-etc.

I use her D4 to get in kind of like Cyrax's D4 from MK9.

Last edited:
The projectile in High Tech makes sense. Even in the story mode, I'm pretty sure she shot someone with a high tech blast.

There's a lot of things they could do to make this variation better. The biggest issue is, of course, the gauntlet charge. Wouldn't it be cool if she got a level of charge from charging up quick burst to level 2?

stosn

Noob
main problems are ( in my opinion ):
1.short normals ( MU with A-List Cage so stupid )
2. Combos on mid screen do pretty low dmg.
Yes, we have this combo [starter]~QBC, 33~bf2, run, 4(12)~bf4. This combo require stamina and IT STANCE specifics. bf2 launch higher from different stance.
and finally I found good combo without run(only QBC), dealing good dmg, with incredible corner carry and....its work only on female character
NRS, pls, stop :DOGE