What's new

General/Other How to make Cyborg viable (buff begger thread)

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I really really like this character, but the more I play him the more I see he is a one trick pony with major fundamental flaws. I do think he could be a very viable and perhaps even top tier character with some of the following changes:

1. Trait - His trait is almost useless as is except for activating and baiting a punish by cancelling into a special. A simple and much needed buff would be to eliminate the startup for his healing. Making it where when you touch the button the healing begins and when you let go it ends. Also keeping it where you can cancel into specials. This is MUCH NEEDED.

2. Target Aquired - This needs to have improved startup time. The slowness of the rockets coming out makes pretty much all his setups easily escapable (aside from the 2~ta b231 setup). Plus its death for pressure setups. Improving startup time would greatly increase his traps.

3. Upward Nova Blaster - This move should be his go to aa. Widen the hitbox where he can stop crossovers. If they really want to make us happy add a mb version that you can combo off as a aa.

4. Grappling Hook - I'm fine with the move as is. But linking it off certain strings can be a pain. They should widen the input window for this. Especially off 113.

Thats all I want for my little Borgy. I have been good and would like to get some buffs in my stocking from Uncle Paulo. What do YOU think? Too much? Does he need more? He needs it.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Grapple hook is fine.

Trait needs attention. Instant healing activation and faster canceling. Also, it would be nice if it actually healed you...

B1 and B2 strings need A LOT of work. Faster start-up, bigger hitbox range for footsies and wiff punishing, They also really shouldn't randomly wiff on certain crouching characters :X Also, could perhaps buff up the damage to give him some midscreen action potential. Would be super cool if B1 was and overhead! Then we could have 50-50s (B2 being low)! HE NEEDS BETTER FOOTSIE TOOLS.... just give it some range if anything.
The range should be long enough for me to check you after a blocked Sonic Disruptor.

Target Acquired either needs to be made unblock-able again, or have much faster start up/recovery frames. This would really improve his zoning.

They need to fix the shit out of standing 2. It should be positive on hit...at least neutral on block. And better cancel advantage into specials. Right now 2xxSD doesn't combo on crouching characters. Standing 2 should leave them in a standing reset situation --- like Kabal F4 Knee :) Then we could get some in-depth set-ups.

Please make d1xxSonic Disruptor jail on block! Weird and dumb that it does not.

112 give good block stun...but the string is easily interuptble or back dashed out of. I can't even cancel specials out of it so why use it ever, unless you are trying to get lucky? Too risky IMO once people figure it out.

Needs way more hard-knock downs from combos/specials. Sonic disruptor should hard-knockdown, 113 should hardknockdown. Then we could get some safer set-up options... etc ...

WTF am I supposed to do with sonic disruptor UP...? I mean right now it is used for a way that he can get meter less corner combo damage...but it only hits on half the cast. Not a reliable anti-air. Buff the hit-box on this things...make it start-up faster etc...
Would be even cooler/more viable if it launced and I could get a B3 combo after. Ex midscreen combo: b123xx Sonic Disruptor Up - B3 - J3 - 2xxTA. Then we could hit confirm into SDU for a lunch or just regular SD for frame advantage on block.

Regular NovaBlaster could use faster start-up/recovery so we can get a quick projectile that hits medium again:joker:

But seriously, why not ask for everything? No one will listen :( lol
I want Cyborg back to S-Tier!!!!

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Also, to be fair Cyborg is a good viable character. I have good success with him. I just want to be able to use solely Cyborg at tourneys ... And win them lol

He has good tools that take a lot of works and reads to make effective. Even though some people have him very very low on the tier list he can still compete and beat those characters at the top.

I really really like this character, but the more I play him the more I see he is a one trick pony with major fundamental flaws. I do think he could be a very viable and perhaps even top tier character with some of the following changes:

1. Trait - His trait is almost useless as is except for activating and baiting a punish by cancelling into a special. A simple and much needed buff would be to eliminate the startup for his healing. Making it where when you touch the button the healing begins and when you let go it ends. Also keeping it where you can cancel into specials. This is MUCH NEEDED.

2. Target Aquired - This needs to have improved startup time. The slowness of the rockets coming out makes pretty much all his setups easily escapable (aside from the 2~ta b231 setup). Plus its death for pressure setups. Improving startup time would greatly increase his traps.

3. Upward Nova Blaster - This move should be his go to aa. Widen the hitbox where he can stop crossovers. If they really want to make us happy add a mb version that you can combo off as a aa.

4. Grappling Hook - I'm fine with the move as is. But linking it off certain strings can be a pain. They should widen the input window for this. Especially off 113.

Thats all I want for my little Borgy. I have been good and would like to get some buffs in my stocking from Uncle Paulo. What do YOU think? Too much? Does he need more? He needs it.

Mojo

Noob
Cyborg would be fine if hybrid characters didn't do what he's supposed to do better than him. I'm not even gonna ask for anything because what I want would sound silly.

K7 the only buff you need is to buy reo's signed custom dual mod hitbox for 90 charity dollars and practice instant airs for 10 minutes. In pressing 4 buttons you get iifbs lower and more consistanr than humanly possible on stick

Now I just gotta practice everything else about hitbox lol

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
His trait was just a bad idea in general. He's a zoner, base his trait around that ffs. I heard his rockets were unblockable in a earlier build, that would be sweet except it would probably be too stupid in the corner.

I think his MB powerfist should allow for a b3 into a combo and then they should buff the recovery frames on hit of the regular version.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
K7 the only buff you need is to buy reo's signed custom dual mod hitbox for 90 charity dollars and practice instant airs for 10 minutes. In pressing 4 buttons you get iifbs lower and more consistanr than humanly possible on stick

Now I just gotta practice everything else about hitbox lol
Yea that was some bullshit lol.