What's new

Tech How to make Amazonian Uppercut 10x more GODLIKE by Youphemism

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
So help me if this tech has already been found I'll kill someone. :D

So...you're playing Wonder Woman and you look at her movelist and you see Amazonian Uppercut just sitting there so you look at the frame data. 18 frame startup? You could maybe dodge it on reaction, but it's also -10 on block. Even if the opponent sits there and blocks it that's an easy full combo punish. So you dismiss it. YOU DISMISS IT.

Well I sure as hell didn't dismiss it. I went into the lab and did EVERYTHING. I've also been holding this tech back for two weeks (out of courtesy to others that had important tech to post) AND NOW I CAN REVEAL IT SO YAY.

I'm sure you're hype already just from looking at the title because you know about the properties of the move already and you think, "how could it POSSIBLY be made godlike?" Well I found a setup that made it CROSS UP.

"Fine man you found a way to make it cross up no need for capitals and fake hype..."
DID I SAY I WAS DONE YET?

"What more could there be?"
Thank you for asking, let me show you:

I do the setup off of a hard knockdown so that it's untechable but it could be done off of anything else I suppose as long as they don't tech roll. I use d3 (there are combos you can do but end with d3 instead, you don't just have to do a raw -6 on block d3, see side note 1) and after the d3 I do an Amazonian Uppercut (df3).

The setup causes a few things to happen,
  1. It crosses up
  2. IT MAKES THE AU SAFE ON BLOCK. THAT'S RIGHT, I FOUND A WAY TO DO THAT.
  3. IT BEATS WAKEUPS (see side note 2) INCLUDING THE FASTEST WAKEUPS IN THE GAME (Super's Super, Batgirl's Flying Bat, Flash's Lightning Uppercut, Lex's Corps Charge).
  4. Due to it's new block ADVANTAGE it removes the usefulness of reversals since it causes HELLA blockstun. Yes that's right kids, that includes the fastest reversals in the game.
  5. If you do this setup through a character's super YOU DO DAMAGE TO THEM (6% but hey it's damage) AND YOU GET OUT FREE.
  6. It gives you a free conversion into mid 30's damage (see side notes 3 & 4)

Side notes:
  1. An example of a combo into the setup is: b113 23 dash in d3. But there are more, for example after a b3 you could dash in and do a d3 just as they come to the ground, etc
  2. I haven't tested this on most of the wakeups in the game but I bet this will work on most of them, at least I hope it will...
  3. The conversion is sometimes really hard to get because sometimes it launches the opponent weird but max damage I could get off of it was 35% so the damage scaling on this bad boy isn't too bad.
  4. This setup is also doable off of the F0xy Grampa setup (..b3 dash in f3) but I'm finding it harder to get a conversion off of.
  5. This setup used in the corner is insane. If you use Amazonian Uppercut after quick stand combos (ie ending in 2 d2's or Lasso Spin) and the opponent doesn't wake up quick enough then your opponent is going to have to guess BIG TIME considering all the options she has after corner combos.
  6. It is of course blockable low but the blockstun is still insane and WoWo doesn't go up so high if it's blocked it doesn't make a difference.
Any questions you have would be gladly welcomed, ask away by all means :)

Also sorry to those who hate on the hype in this but c'mon, this is the first tech I've found and it's super awesome and I couldn't wait to share it with everyone on TYM so JUST LET ME HAVE THIS ONE

Most of all, to all the fellow Die-anas, have fun with this. I know I will :cool:

Edit: From the comments it seems that others already knew about this, so shoutouts to them! "Great minds think alike." I guess I'm the only one that's made an in-depth guide to all it's properties though so you can hold that ;)

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
OMG very good tech, she can actually combo on hit nice! Thanks for sharing, i will be using this once in a while.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Thanks @AspyxiaDyslexia- :D

I searched the forums and nothing came up about this so I'm hoping no one has seen this before :rolleyes:
It's not, but i guess you can just block low and block it :( the slow startup makes it reactable so you can't mix between this and more crossups/low/overheads. This is still nice, hopefully it reverses or stuffs wake ups.

Youphemism

Can you loop this? d3, AU, convert with bnb ending in d3, loop it
Yep, it's an infinite guessing game. And as I said, it goes through wakeups too so even if they wakeup and it's invincible you get out free and you get back down quicker than normal.

Edit: It's not unblockable, but it is always a guessing game for them.

Youphemism

It's not, but i guess you can just block low and block it :( the slow startup makes it reactable so you can't mix between this and more crossups/low/overheads. This is still nice, hopefully it reverses or stuffs wake ups.
It reverses some wakeups if you do it kinda early but it's risky because if it doesn't then it'll hit you or you'll go all the way up on your whiffed AU

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I knew about it crossing up. I posted a video about it.
But I didn't all this was possible this is awesome

Yep, it's an infinite guessing game. And as I said, it goes through wakeups too so even if they wakeup and it's invincible you get out free and you get back down quicker than normal.

Edit: It's not unblockable, but it is always a guessing game for them.
Can it be done off a raw d3? Say you're in the corner and you land a d3. You just AU and poof you're out of the corner, wake up free and at advantage.