What's new

How to lab properly

Flurry22

BFGC | Station
I'm curious as to how everyone utilizes the lab. Also I'm excited for now ideas on how to improve my lab efficiency. Personally I just use training mode to find gaps in string and what moves I can do in response to my opponents move. I'm not sure how to use training mode efficiently and or lab matchups. I've seemed to plataued and feel that more efficient labbing will help me improve greatly. Please post below on how you utilize training mode!

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
Learn my opps options for when I make a mistake... Or what strategy I can do to stop me from making that mistake. Also practice my blocking i try to perfect blocking.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Well, to me personally Practice mode is mostly for high execution techs training. For FBRC I turn on infinite stamina and do a few rows like this:

With AI on reversal mode so that I get muscle memory so hard for FBRC that I will always do it gapless.

When I lose to something online or offline, it is good to use Record option for AI to start making him something you lost to and practice all options available against it, again untill you will get a memory of this in your very hands. This is how I learned to beat online Jacqui during MKX's online release day times.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
Well, to me personally Practice mode is mostly for high execution techs training. For FBRC I turn on infinite stamina and do a few rows like this:

With AI on reversal mode so that I get muscle memory so hard for FBRC that I will always do it gapless.

When I lose to something online or offline, it is good to use Record option for AI to start making him something you lost to and practice all options available against it, again untill you will get a memory of this in your very hands. This is how I learned to beat online Jacqui during MKX's online release day times.
That is a great idea I must admit

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Consider your opponents options with that character. Look at their best normals, specials, frame data, strings, all of that when you lab a character.

Azmodeus

The harder I work, the luckier I get
i try to find out how i can get +frames and how many options i get guaranteed/armorable. both on hit and block. Life if i hit with Jax's 11, i am guarantied either b3 or b2, whereas if they block it, i'm +2, so they can armor a d1 or a d3.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Something that helped me is doing your combos and setups with AI set to randomly armor reversal and wakeup. Keep you on your toes, try to remove muscle memory from having an adverse effect on your matches.

A big thing other mentioned is spacing. Find out how far away you have to be to whiff punish things, or if your backdash gets you out of frame traps or oki situations.