What's new

Question - Grandmaster How to get rid of bad habits ?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
My bad habit is random slides. I play GM from october and cryomancer for like one week. Im pretty good with gm and ok with cryo for a week of play but..... I lose much,especially vs good players becaouse of too much slides. I know I sholuld not do it but I still do . Always thinking "this time it will hit" but gets punished instead.... Same on wake up . Midscreen Ill do like run up slide (thinking he will expect b2 cuz most sz players do run up and b2) but it gets blocked. Anny suggestions ? I was thinking to play a few long sets vs someone without using slide even once .Just like this move didint exists:D Maybe this would help ?

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Its kinda hard not to be good with GM :DOGE

Simply replace "this time it will hit" with "If it does hit, I deal whatever damage. If It doesn't, I get raped for 40%". Not using an unsafe special in the neutral, only because it low profiles everything and doesn't have any whiff recovery is really not that hard.

Revenant Zero

Death Comes
My bad habit is random slides. I play GM from october and cryomancer for like one week. Im pretty good with gm and ok with cryo for a week of play but..... I lose much,especially vs good players becaouse of too much slides. I know I sholuld not do it but I still do . Always thinking "this time it will hit" but gets punished instead.... Same on wake up . Midscreen Ill do like run up slide (thinking he will expect b2 cuz most sz players do run up and b2) but it gets blocked. Anny suggestions ? I was thinking to play a few long sets vs someone without using slide even once .Just like this move didint exists:D Maybe this would help ?
Ahhh... the sliding bad habit. Dude I know how you feel; I used to do that all the time.

From what I gathered from the forum as well as watching other Sub players, "use slide only as a combo ender or EX slide for corner positioning for the jail". Throwing a random slide in a match may catch them off guard, which is good (they may start blocking low) so it will open you to a B2,12 or B12 into a special cancel. However, expect players to low block after they get hit with a slide or fuzzy guard against the OH and Slide.

As a GM main, I take advantage of the EX Slide and knock em' into the clone for a mid-air freeze set up, which I opt for corner position for the jail.
I can play a long set with you if you want; just hit me up on X1, PSN or PC.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
This, just start playing against better players. It's way too easy to fall into bad habits when playing ranked/player match, it happens to all of us.
I play mostly player or ranked but I try only to play vs ppl who shows below 100% chance of win :p

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Used to have these bad habits. The more experiwnce you get, the more you learn to fix your bad habits. You just need to have patience most of the time.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Acidic would be perf fine now if not that 3% self dmg on acid blood nerf :/ It hurts. Before patch it was 1,5% ...

Nedyrc

Noob
When i play sub before i do anything yolo my thought process is like this:
Situation A: They get hit and they lose 10% hp
Situation B: They block i lose %30+ hp, lose screen advantage, they can call bat, throw disc etc and i get knocked down. Or i have to spend 2 bars to break. And dont forget if you spend 2 bars to break when your yolo fails, you just spent 2 bars to deal %2 chip. And thats why i dont yolo. Except when i do. Wait what happened to Doge emote :(

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Pig of the hut has the best training regime for learning a new character that I've seen. He'll play game after game focusing on one thing only e.g. Using x move as an anti air. Then when he's got that down he moves onto the next thing, not caring if he wins or losing, but just focusing on improving that one element.

The same principle can be applied here.