What's new

Tech How to full combo punish a spirit charge on block

Just just block the spirit charge crouch to standing reduces push back and its punishable by every one with at least a throw.
It's the same 4 night wolf axe n other piss

Flagg

Noob
I've just been going through the frame data of characters with fast self projecting moves.

Nightwolfs shoulder, Barakas blade charge, CSZ slide, SZ slide and Raidens superman all are 10 frame moves.

Kabals saw and Kung Lao's ex spin are 9 frame moves.

Kano upball, Skarlet red slide and Cage shadowkick are 8 frame moves.

Kano regular ball and CSZ instant air far divekick are 7 frame moves.

Kung Lao's instant air divekick, Reptiles Elbow and Kabals iagb are 6 grame moves.

CSZ instant air close divekick is 5 frame moves.

Now im not the greatest expert on frame data, but i'm assuming a lot of these moves can punish a blocked spirit charge, up close? Now, I could see upball missing, CSZ instant air close kick missing, and maybe all the 10 frame moves being blockable by Kenshi because of the distance created, but anything under 9 frames should hit him, right?

Espio

Kokomo
I remember this happening and I was dumbfounded for a second, then I tried down 3ing and got ex spirit charged into oblivion ;_;.

I've never seen it happen against Kenshi till the other day, so if it's at all possible for Kenshi's opponent to deliberately set this up, that would be sick.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I've just been going through the frame data of characters with fast self projecting moves.

Nightwolfs shoulder, Barakas blade charge, CSZ slide, SZ slide and Raidens superman all are 10 frame moves.

Kung Lao's instant air divekick, Reptiles Elbow and Kabals iagb are 6 grame moves.

Now im not the greatest expert on frame data, but i'm assuming a lot of these moves can punish a blocked spirit charge, up close? Now, I could see upball missing, CSZ instant air close kick missing, and maybe all the 10 frame moves being blockable by Kenshi because of the distance created, but anything under 9 frames should hit him, right?
Just because its blocked doesn't mean it's -10. Depends on the distance. A max range spirit charge is like -5? I think. It has to do with the active frames. Also the spirit charge being -10 is from point blank with regular push back so what I'm wondering Is maybe when the reverse pushback happens Is there possibly more disadvantage? I'm probably wrong but it was something I've been thinking about.

AssassiN

Noob

Skarlet's slide is 8 frames when you cancel it out of Red Dash, you can cancel Red Dash at 12 frames.
So that makes it 20 frames when you do it at the earliest.

Flagg

Noob
No problem, delighted to help :).

STORMS, THTB GamerBlake90

Blindman told me to tag some of you to add the video to the OP since he will be on his phone and won't be able too tommorrow.

Interesting, so if he hits an overhead upclose and follows up with a spirit charge, there's a chance that the move pulls you closer to him? Obviously this would work if you teched roll. I guess this reduces his corner pressure game a bit now?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Reverse pushback happens every time you block a move while your character is facing the wrong way.

Example: cross over jump an opponent who is blocking, without them letting go of block do single move that has pushback.

Probably happens because it pushes back the way the character is facing, regardless of what side the attack happens on.
Exactly what I noticed. I've been trying to figure out a use for it, but haven't kome up with anything with any character.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I feel there should be a greater risk than, oh they may jump it....especially since he builds so much effing meter and has super armor. I'm fine with it putting me full screen on hit but that pushback and only -10? While we are at it give reptile more pushback and make his dash -10 since you can jump it.

Yes I am mugginmuggers...

#IamMuffinMuggers
The pushback is a little iffy I guess but I just think nerfs like that are just a total waste of time imo. It's like nobody to this day realizes why Reptile's dash is -15. Remember when everybody was throwing a parade over Kung Lao's low hat getting nerfed? In the meantime, all of Kabal's and Sonya's BS was being slept on until it was too late and NRS ran out of fucks to give about this game.

#Whoismugginmuggers #Kappa

The pushback is a little iffy I guess but I just think nerfs like that are just a total waste of time imo. It's like nobody to this day realizes why Reptile's dash is -15. Remember when everybody was throwing a parade over Kung Lao's low hat getting nerfed? In the meantime, all of Kabal's and Sonya's BS was being slept on until it was too late and NRS ran out of fucks to give about this game.
I
#Whoismugginmuggers #Kappa
I'm not saying patch the game for that move, I'm just saying it should be punishable to a higher degree. I for one feel the reptile dash nerd was warranted.

...muffinmuggers dwells within all us reptile players, for without him there would be no reptile.
#IamMuffinMuggers