What's new

Tech How to full combo punish a spirit charge on block

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
So the spirit charge is -10 on block with push back and is safe, usually. There is a situation that causes the spirit charge to push the opponent towards Kenshi rather than away. I'm not exactly sure how to trigger this but it seems to happen most often when the spirit charge otgs the opponent. When this happens Kenshi is still at -10 but now you are point blank, so if you have a move that is 9 frames or less that leads to a combo you can full combo punish him on block. Tomorrow (or today since its 1:30 in the morning) STB Espio and I will test out exactly how to trigger this and hopefully we'll get a video of it.

Under_The_Mayo you are godlike with Kenshi science stuff so any help would be appreciated.

Now I know this is something that would be a bit of a pain in the ass to learn to react to but if you want to beat Kenshi then learn how to do this, assuming your character can.

Flagg

Noob
I've always been a bit vocal on Kenshi, mostly by stating how braindead I think he is, but i've never said the character wasn't deadly in the right hands.

That said, I have wondered when holes in his game might start appearing.

It just irks me that after all this time, Kabal seems to have near flawless tools still.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
While I lol @ players that think the move should be full combo punishable in the first place, this is interesting. Sektor-Kenshi could potentially become 5-5 from this so I'm definitely curious to see the properties on it.

While I lol @ players that think the move should be full combo punishable in the first place, this is interesting. Sektor-Kenshi could potentially become 5-5 from this so I'm definitely curious to see the properties on it.
wait, you don't think that move should be full combo punishable?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
wait, you don't think that move should be full combo punishable?
Never understood how 8% + matchup specific spacing advantage vs 40% is a fair trade so yeah.. or maybe I just feel that way because my characters have it better than most at full screen after getting hit by it :p

#YouAreMuffinMuggers

NKZero

Noob
I think they should reduce the pushback on block and give you at least one block string instead of worrying about machine gun spirit charges. Anyways that's not gonna change, but hopefully whatever is discovered helps Sektor in this MU :)

Never understood how 8% + matchup specific spacing advantage vs 40% is a fair trade so yeah.. or maybe I just feel that way because my characters have it better than most at full screen after getting hit by it :p

#YouAreMuffinMuggers
I feel there should be a greater risk than, oh they may jump it....especially since he builds so much effing meter and has super armor. I'm fine with it putting me full screen on hit but that pushback and only -10? While we are at it give reptile more pushback and make his dash -10 since you can jump it.

Yes I am mugginmuggers...

#IamMuffinMuggers

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
This isn't mu changing because this isn't very consistent and the time you have to react and pull this off is very small but sektor probably benefits the most because he has a 6 frame 40% combo starter and this causes him to be point blank so his 12b1 string won't whiff.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Reverse pushback happens every time you block a move while your character is facing the wrong way.

Example: cross over jump an opponent who is blocking, without them letting go of block do single move that has pushback.

Probably happens because it pushes back the way the character is facing, regardless of what side the attack happens on.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Reverse pushback happens every time you block a move while your character is facing the wrong way.

Example: cross over jump an opponent who is blocking, without them letting go of block do single move that has pushback.

Probably happens because it pushes back the way the character is facing, regardless of what side the attack happens on.
If thats all it is, I don't see it being useful at a glance. Someone could prove me wrong, but it just sounds like an oversight in the coding. Unless this otg business is true, and even if it is, you'd have to go full retard to do a pushback move when someone is laying on the ground.