What's new

How To Fix MK11: Anti Airs And Jump Ins

I think that every char should have an universal anti air move, with same frame data and hitboxes. It should lead 100 or 150 damage and reset the positions to neutral, and when FB is active, you can link the anti air with FB. And all other options of anti airs should be disabled or very inconsistent.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I don’t think there’s any issue with this besides having the invul frames start so late and last for so little time. If you’re to make them start at frame 6 then they should have invulnerability for the rest of the start up, or if you’re gonna cut it off then it should start at frame 3-4 and last around 5-6 frames.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
I don’t think there’s any issue with this besides having the invul frames start so late and last for so little time. If you’re to make them start at frame 6 then they should have invulnerability for the rest of the start up, or if you’re gonna cut it off then it should start at frame 3-4 and last around 5-6 frames.
Yeah fair. I'm just trying to avoid "YOU'RE TRYING TO ELIMINATE JUMPING FROM THE GAME" comments even though these same people defend anti air jabs lol

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
There’s a lot of things going on with jump ins that make them ridiculous in this game, IMO. The biggest one is the sheer volume of damn near instant startup yeet normals.

I can’t look for sand traps, flying fists, shadow kicks, and everything else at mid range while also looking out for jump ins. It’s just not going to happen.

Add to that the fact that jump in kicks in this game seem to have insanely large hit boxes, and well... by the time you take your hand off the block button you’re already getting smacked in the face. The only time I see people (myself included) AA consistently is when they’re halfway expecting it already. Now, should jump ins be reactable? Or a read? Because that’s another discussion entirely.

But in MK9 (yes, yes, I know MK9 is not the pinnacle of balance) I wasn’t afraid to let go of the block button in neutral. In this game? I’m terrified. And I think that single fact makes jump ins all the more powerful.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
There’s a lot of things going on with jump ins that make them ridiculous in this game, IMO. The biggest one is the sheer volume of damn near instant startup yeet normals.

I can’t look for sand traps, flying fists, shadow kicks, and everything else at mid range while also looking out for jump ins. It’s just not going to happen.

Add to that the fact that jump in kicks in this game seem to have insanely large hit boxes, and well... by the time you take your hand off the block button you’re already getting smacked in the face. The only time I see people (myself included) AA consistently is when they’re halfway expecting it already. Now, should jump ins be reactable? Or a read? Because that’s another discussion entirely.

But in MK9 (yes, yes, I know MK9 is not the pinnacle of balance) I wasn’t afraid to let go of the block button in neutral. In this game? I’m terrified. And I think that single fact makes jump ins all the more powerful.
tfw when you try to do anything besides block against Jacqui and she dash punch KBs you for 24%.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Having air attacks with over 5 active frames normals is ridiculous, NRS doesn't change this because they don't want to, as long as Jump kicks still have over 5 active frames they will always be broken, it's a scrub assist mechanic which allows anyone in the game jump as much as possible and put a kick that jab has 5% chance of beating it while looking for everything else.

I can jump to beat anti-airs and if they respect i'm plus enough to back dash and bait anything, which i think it's just ridiculous, on top of this, there are characters who can jump and fire projectiles in the air at will mixing up their way in and you can't do anything about it.

The easiest way to balance jumps in this game without adding anything to any character is to make any jump kick active frames down to 5 frames instead of 8, this will make anyone use their jump attack more sparingly, will force players to decide either they go for a deep jump kick to get their plus frame, or for a shallow jump kick to beat anti-airs, either way, they won't have both ways, and this alone will make any anti-air normal in this game a lot better.

The thruth is, ppl who design this game with this mentality don't help either, from the get go, i think the devs and QA are the biggest scrubs to allow jump kicks with this mentality, how else will tyler and derek be able to have a decent match? I bet in the NRS studios, the first approach they think about when designing characters its either jumping in or using a normal that reaches halfscreen away and design the game from there, maybe adding very strong projectiles with massive hitboxes that no one can jump on reaction, and if that is still not working, just give them a teleport.

Last edited: