What's new

How to fix disconnecting on ranked?

How to counter disconnecting?

• Both lose upon DC.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Work out a way of detecting who Dced .

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Fine the way it is.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
To start out i don't know anything about making video games, and would never claim to be able to make a game as good as injustice 2.

That being said I think this game has a core issue with people artificially trying to change Their win/loss ratio.

As a more casual player with no real training partners i get the majority of my games on ranked #rankedwarrior.

I personally don't care about my win/loss record and would rather spend 3 games loosing trying to figure out a player/matchup.

Now that's out of the way let's get down to brass tax. Everytime I get my defence on the typical online formula batman sorted, and don't need to make reads because they do the same thing everytime in any situation, I instantly get disconnected.

I know we've all witnessed this and to be honest at this point it just annoys me.

It doesn't annoy me that i don't get the satisfaction of getting the win. I get annoyed because this is why there's a divide between the casual and the hardcore. It annoys me because these people will never improve, they will just go through the games in life thinking you can 223 on block into jump 2 with batman all day as a sort of block infinite. And that one guy that air to airs/anti airs me doesnt exist because i disconnect my internet.

How do we fix this?

I personally don't think we can. If you say the person winning at the time of the disconnect with the most wins/most health wins then people will just play aggressive then disconnect.

The only way I can see this changing is if you disconnect both players receive a loss. Some may call this harsh saying that a shouldn't get a loss because someone is kicking their router. I believe people that care about getting better at the game wouldn't mind getting a loss because they or their opponent dc'd.

What are people's thoughts on how to change this or do people think that it's fine the way it is?

Last edited:

gitblame

Noob
I don't play much ranked, but from my experience when disconnect occurred when I was leading in a set I was the one who was taking a win. No matter if my oponnent pulled the plug out or session crashed because of the lag. If we decide both player to take a loss in that situation we would get ranked worse than it is today.

I can't really start throwing some improvements ideas without knowing in detail how NRS implemented it. But as a software developer I can tell that determining who is to blame for the disconnect might be very difficult if not impossible depending on how game sessions are implemented in a first place.

First we must accept the fact that creating abuse prove system might be impossible. The best way to deal with it is to gather cases when disconnect hurts the players and carefully analyze the ways to patch it without creating room for new kinds of abuse. Unfortunatelly this approach is very time and money consuming.

Penalize the quitter with the loss of levels... and a special feel good animation for the non quitter. So... it can be posted on Youtube. ALA quitality.:cool:

If They can't do the quitality... Then replace the quitter with a low level AI to finish the match like SMASH brothers does.:DOGE

Last edited:

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Tbh only time I have a problem with DC's is when someone purposefully disconnects themselves by either spiking their internet by downloading a bunch of, er, stuff, and then not getting a 'loss' that way. I don't mind if someone accidentally DC's because that's just bad luck sometimes.

As @gitblame said though, easier said than done to implement something like that.

I need my quitalities buaaah!. I swear that I will uninstall Injustice 2 if I don't get it. Humiliation!... I need to humiliate my opponent.:oops:

protools27

Rebel without a scene
If your win loss score doesn’t matter then someone quitting to avoid the loss on their record shouldn’t matter either. Full disclosure, this used to bother me, but after a while I just really felt like I didn’t care about my win lose ratio, and if someone really felt the need to cheat to avoid a loss on a meaningless online ranked system, that person has bigger issues that I will never be able to fix.

Plus this happens in pretty much every game and won’t ever really be fixed, because insecure people worried about their win loss ratio will always find ways to try to cheat the system.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
If I want to play ranked, I'd rather play with an experienced player, whom I'd learn whatnot around this game. Not some scrub who DCs. If Ranked is filled with scrubs, then I'm better off playing offline with friends, or online with some around here, like @ShArp. I didn't touch the ranked element since the incident with the RQers started, and I will NOT play anytime soon, unless some devs will finally put their mind to fix this.

Στάλθηκε από το C6833 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk