What's new

Strategy - Goro How to fight Goro 101

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
People didnt know low fang on block at very least garunteed a free poke cuz its that minus? Bruuhhh :eek:

I still dont understand why people were getting opened up by F3 Low Fang at SCR like wtf...

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
or maybe -8 isn't -ve enough to be consistently punishable? You also said it has no blockstun, which means you'd have to really expect it to punish.
This is very true, everybody gets away with a few things. Cowboy vs Scar for example, Cowboy kept ending F41d2 with dark beam, which is -9 and granted its a hard punish, but smoke can punish that for a full combo everytime.

I get everything is not always going to be punished every-time. But its just very very odd seeing our top players, leaving massive damage on the table. It's not like them.

Skedar70

Noob
After watching SCR and seeing a few Goro players play and get away with the stuff I made in this thread go unpunished is really sadding.

I know everyone is not going to read this post, but I just want this knowledge to be common. The 2 matches I remember the most is Fox vs Destroyer and SylverRye vs Zach Rob. Both matches Dragon Fangs was picked and not 1 time was low fang punished.

These were all good players representing their character, maybe they didn't know the low fang was punishable, maybe the nerves of the tournament got to them. We will never know.
Not every character has a good 7 frame punisher. The best some could do is punish with a poke.

Parasurama

Dragon
This is very true, everybody gets away with a few things. Cowboy vs Scar for example, Cowboy kept ending F41d2 with dark beam, which is -9 and granted its a hard punish, but smoke can punish that for a full combo everytime.

I get everything is not always going to be punished every-time. But its just very very odd seeing our top players, leaving massive damage on the table. It's not like them.
The patch made dark beam safe- I think

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Yea -8 with no pushback is extremely hard for the most of the cast to punish for anything meaningful. Got to remember that even top players miss punishes in a high stakes tournament setting.