What's new

Strategy - Goro How to fight Goro 101

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Okay, I have been wanting to make this for a very long time, and this thread will continue to be updated. I am going to post certain situations that is very common for Goro and I will post ways around it.

I honeslty cringe watching Goro players get away with murder and then the losing player then proceeds to say how dumb this character is. Yes, Goro is finally good and can complete with alot more of the cast now, but most of these things I am showing you have always existed.

So please read / watch all of these videos and make sure you lab these with your specific character. There are ways around it.

It is too late in this games life to be losing to gimmicks because you didn't lab something. Yes Goro can do B121 and push you full screen, but that is what you want. You want to be away from Goro.

MAIN RULE AGAINST GORO
(DRAGON FANGS / TIGRAR FURY)
AFTER THE 2ND HIT OF A STRING ALWAYS BLOCK LOW
STOP GETTING HIT BY LOW FANG / LOW FIREBALL
IT IS NOT A REAL THING!

String that Goro players get away with:
B21u2 - Has a gap the size of Africa in the middle of it. (Proof Below)

7-Frame Normals:
  • Really hard at first, but once you lab it and understand the timing it is pretty easy.
9-Frame Normals:
  • Really hard at first, but once you lab it and understand the timing it is pretty easy.
PW into EX PW:
  • This one may depend on your character. Test / Lab this out. Maybe Jump back 3 or Jump back 4, can work and you may have to work on the timing of it. Some characters have it easy some can't do this at all.
PW into D1:
  • This one may now work for all characters, some jump normals angle your characters hitbox in a certain way. The examples is show are:
  1. Back-dash
  2. Neutral Jump Back
  3. Back Jump 1
EX Punchwalk is -12 on BLOCK:

• I am using a 11 frame F3 to punish this.
  • All 6 Hits come out on block, so just count and punish.
  • Make sure watch the meter, due to Goro may gain another bar to make this move +4
LOW FANG IS PUNISHABLE
or

• Low Fang is -8 on block with No block stun or Pushback.

TIGRAR PRESSURE / GIMMICKS
More things to come.

If you have a questions please feel free to ask. I will lab and see what I can find about it.

Last edited:

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
yes it has but most smart goros would just use b121 as its just as plus , not as much pushback, and no gap.
i knew it had a gap but didn't know it had a big enough gap to punish with a 9 frame normal
The thing about Goro players is this. If you do not know something we will simply abuse it. B12u2 is Goros meterless launcher, so if you get hit by it Goro saves meter and gets good damage.

One way to beat Goro is to never respect this string, if you see your opponent going for this string OVER AND OVER punish that ****. It is a gimmick.

The smart Goro players just like Knicks said, NEVER go for this string unless its for a punish. We are aware of the risk that comes with using this string every time.

Belial

Noob
Goro can hitconfirm off b12u2 and will only do that on hit. On block they will always to b121 which is the same on block. To beat Goro is to not let him get close. He is a complete beast at close range but his mobility is terrible, so its not that hard to play footsies with him or zone him out.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
@Nuovo_Cabjoy @Espio anything you guys think I can add?
Not that I can think of at the moment. Just that if you're choosing to counter poke after blocked PW then fast hitting mids or lows are the best options. Otherwise Goro's will either neutral duck and punish (well, some of us) or low poke under your shit. Counterpoking with low/mid forces us to block and wait for our turn if we're not making the read with ex SG/PW or whatever.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
I'll hate Tremor for ever, never forgetting the error of scaling all OTG combo enders.
Stomp still sucks but no one seems to give a fug.
The move has 2 in 3 chance to lose, at best it's 1 in 2, its like Goro's steppin in poo.
A hippity hop, a hippity hop, stop hopping! or Goro's gunna get a full-combo for Stomping.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
@The_Tile can you see if Quan can NJP the low fang on block as a punish please.
Just tested and no he can't.

Despite the start up being 5 frames though it must take a few frames to start jumping because it wasn't able to punish Alien's tail flip pre-patch. I've also never been able to punish anything with it that I can't punish with his 8f S2.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Just tested and no he can't.

Despite the start up being 5 frames though it must take a few frames to start jumping because it wasn't able to punish Alien's tail flip pre-patch. I've also never been able to punish anything with it that I can't punish with his 8f S2.
so it's probably a 9f punisher then?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
After watching SCR and seeing a few Goro players play and get away with the stuff I made in this thread go unpunished is really sadding.

I know everyone is not going to read this post, but I just want this knowledge to be common. The 2 matches I remember the most is Fox vs Destroyer and SylverRye vs Zach Rob. Both matches Dragon Fangs was picked and not 1 time was low fang punished.

These were all good players representing their character, maybe they didn't know the low fang was punishable, maybe the nerves of the tournament got to them. We will never know.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
After watching SCR and seeing a few Goro players play and get away with the stuff I made in this thread go unpunished is really sadding.

I know everyone is not going to read this post, but I just want this knowledge to be common. The 2 matches I remember the most is Fox vs Destroyer and SylverRye vs Zach Rob. Both matches Dragon Fangs was picked and not 1 time was low fang punished.

These were all good players representing their character, maybe they didn't know the low fang was punishable, maybe the nerves of the tournament got to them. We will never know.
or maybe -8 isn't -ve enough to be consistently punishable? You also said it has no blockstun, which means you'd have to really expect it to punish.

JDM

Noob
great thread. Keep it up I hate Goro and need to learn how to fight him lol. Been meaning to Lab him since week 1 but no one really played him so I put it off. Now people are actually picking him up :x