Best Doomsday in the world
How to beat Doomsday
So John, I've been told by some of your friends that a year into the game, you still have no idea how to fight Doomsday. There's no need to be embarrassed. I'm here to help you out. Let's start with neutral game. In neutral game doomsday only has a few options venom, or dash up. He can also sit there and use his footsies to beat out your offensive options if he has a life lead, but that's only in very specific situations against characters who don't have projectiles.
- No seriously, block
- D1 (if you think he's going to do anything other than d1 after venom and your d1 is 8 frames or faster)
- Backdash to establish the meta game
- If you have a parry, now would be a good time. Either on reaction or after blocking mb
- MB B3 (risky as fuck, but just random and stupid enough to catch the Doomsday off guard)
Doomsday only has a few options after dash up: Jump, D1, block. All of these can be beat if you know your options.
- If Doomsday jumps some characters can d2 him, but most won't be able to. So your best option is to hold back and try to make his splash whiff, and then trip guard him. Yes he can sweep you but if you're walking back it would be very hard for him to get into range.
- If he goes for d1 you can always beat it out with whatever string your character uses to punish dashes. Because he won't be able to get the d1 out in time after a dash to beat out your normal unless it's like 50 frames of start up.
- If he blocks, congratulations, you're already in the Doomsday player's head. Do a string and reverse the pressure.
So you got knocked down by Doomsday. Don't worry, this is going to happen, a lot. Thankfully unless you're Scorpion, sorry slips. Your options on wake up are always better in risk/reward than Doomsday's pressure. So no need to fear! Let that wake up rip! But be careful, there are a couple of situations where your wake up can get blown up.
- If Doomsday has just landed a sweep he can reverse your wake up using a 50/50 jump splash. If your character has a good d2, you can blow this up free by d2ing on wake up. If not, just know that he'll dash through you and end up on your cross up side for a splash. So either block accordingly or forward dash out. Either way the risk reward is in your favor.
- If Doomsday reads a wake up, he can mb venom through your wake up and you'll end up getting hit for 25% or so. So be aware of that if he has meter. If you end up blocking the venom just refer to the options stated earlier in the guide to get out.
No need to fear billy, Doomsday being traited really isn't as scary as you may think. Let me explain. There are a few ways to deal with traited Doomsday. Blocking, multi hitting strings that grant advantage, and strings into specials that are multi hitting. So if you play a character like GL, Aqua, or Nightwing, all you have to do to run trait out is do a string into your multi hitting special and run out all of Doomsday's trait time on hit or block. And now you don't have to worry about that pesky thing for another 20 seconds. Good job!
Please for the love of god just block. It's not that bad. Worst case scenario, you get thrown or hit with an ES. The damage isn't that great.
In the corner
Well it looks like you got cornered Johnny, but don't feel bad. This is something that happens to everyone at a certain time in their life. And if you're prepared, it won't be nearly that bad. 10 times out of 10, Doomsday will go for that wake up reverse I invented. But there are many ways out of this wake up reverse that you probably don't know about. So let me help you out here.
- Don't wake up unless your character has a wake up that beats this set up. You can refer to my wake up reverse thread and all the information is there for you already. So no need to even touch your training mode!
- Doomsday's only for sure option after the set up is d1 es. Everything else can be poked out of with your d1, or even jumped out of. And then you're out of the corner for free, and you didn't even have to think. Good job!
- If you have a parry, this sets up an amazing guessing game. Because parry beats everything but jump and raw ES. And if Doomsday tries to raw ES you can d1 him. If Doomsday jumps at you, you can reaction dash out.
- MB B3 (Again, risky as hell but just random enough to catch that silly Doomsday player off guard)
On Doomsday's wake up
So you've knocked Doomsday down, excellent work! You should know that all of Doomsday's wake ups aren't real besides up venom, and can be stuffed with the right meaty set up into a huge combo. Try to avoid jumping as much as possible though, because that pesky air grab will catch you. Aside from that though you shouldn't be afraid to pressure doomsday at all on his wake up. Because up venom does no damage and your reward for hitting him is amazing. So keep on swinging kid.
Doomsday just Supernova'd, what do I do!?
Punishing ES on whiff
Now I'd like to apologize for this next one Tommy, since I haven't really researched it as much as I should have. But I really didn't want to know the full extent of how bad my character was. So I just dropped him as soon as I figured out this was a thing.
Every floaty character in the game can make ES whiff at certain distances depending on your walk speed, and then can punish accordingly for big damage. This even works with some non floaty characters, an example being Harley. I don't know all the ranges or all the characters so you're going to have to test this one out yourselves. But oh my goodness is this fucked up.
To Ducky: DO NOT GO FOR THIS EVERY TIME HE EARTH SHAKERS. This is meant to condition Doomsday by going for it every once in a while to keep him honest and remind him of the fact that whenever you decide to, you can punish his main pressure tool for 40% or whatever your broken ass top 10 floaty character gets.
The most common situation that I've found where this works is by holding back after Doomsday venom's. Which is the situation you're going to be in most of the time anyway.
Well, there you have it Theodore, you now know exactly how to fight Doomsday. You can now be prepared if you're fighting anyone from Florida that isn't KitanaPrime. There's probably some stuff I forgot. If you have any questions feel free to ask. And if fighting Doomsday is still hard for you after this guide, you should locate the nearest bridge to your house and learn WW because killing yourself over injustice just isn't worth it.
@Dark Kent @Noobe @Tm_whiteboi @AK Smarrgasm @CrimsonShadow @STORMS @AK/RM GamerBlake