What's new

How to Evade Projectiles using Michelangelo with Noble Raptor

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian

Michelangelo. The orange TMNT. The Nunchuck wielding TMNT. And, in Injustice 2, the lone skateboarding TMNT. And with that skateboard comes the ability to blow up projectiles for a full combo. Noble Raptor takes us through some of the things you can do by unleashing your inner Tony Hawk.

What's kind of neat about Mikey's skateboard is that it can simultaneously high-profile and low-profile certain moves. I guess he doesn't count as "on the ground" since he's on the board and he ducks down low enough to avoid highs and charge right in. Considering this can get him 300 meterless as soon as a projectile comes in, I think it's worth looking into some Michelangelo combos if you were avoiding him for fear of playing the "bad TMNT" character. Check out the video down below. You can also find a TON of videos in Raptor's history detailing combos and tech from the TMNT, so give those a watch while you are at it.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
are these practical? Do you have to read the projectile? Or react to it once or just before it is thrown?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
its like a better version of Killer Frost's Slide.
Fairer because it's a Trait and not a regular outright special.
But still...it brings back memories. And maybe not the good kind.

The Turtles are gonna get Triborg'ed.
Give it time.
Mark my words.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I noticed this when I first started playing Turtles (Mikey was the one I was most interested in).

Against some characters you really shut down a pretty good amount of their zoning unless they commit a resource such as trait or meter, like Firestorm. Or hold it.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I see that not all of the projectiles in the game are shown in this vid, so this can't counter all projectiles and Michelangelo will still have to deal with some projectiles. It is still a great tech overall though, as it does help against a still very good amount of projectiles.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I see that not all of the projectiles in the game are shown in this vid, so this can't counter all projectiles and Michelangelo will still have to deal with some projectiles. It is still a great tech overall though, as it does help against a still very good amount of projectiles.
It looks like anything that would hit high or certain things that hit low can be punished by his trait. I'm also thinking that you can high profile Catwoman's low whip with this too

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
It looks like anything that would hit high or certain things that hit low can be punished by his trait. I'm also thinking that you can high profile Catwoman's low whip with this too
I don't think so, Starfire's Starbolt Trait for example is a High yet it is a beam projectile, let alone one that can be held for it to keep going and then can be MB'ed to become a Mid, I really can't see Mikey getting away from that.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
its like a better version of Killer Frost's Slide.
Fairer because it's a Trait and not a regular outright special.
But still...it brings back memories. And maybe not the good kind.

The Turtles are gonna get Triborg'ed.
Give it time.
Mark my words.
If getting Triborg’ed means 2 of them being top tier then okay

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
If getting Triborg’ed means 2 of them being top tier then okay
Actually, yeah. It'll work both ways.
My prediction before game lifespan's end:
Raph gets it Cyber-Sub bad. But people still find a way to win. Occasionally.
Mikey gets adjusted, either the board or otherwise, and becomes the Cyrax/Bo Rai Cho who can kill you in two punches unless you can zone.
Leonardo gets tweaked every so slightly but is vastly left alone, like Sektor, because's the leader of the bunch.
And Donatello will be Smoke, the one who in the end times will be at least a head if not a head and half a shoulder above the rest.

This is my prophecy.
In the words of my father, Hasta Los Huevos.
So it is written, so it shall be done, done derailing, the end.
I hope he gets to keep it because I'll happily play him if he stays this dirty.
This game needs some new broken hijinks. A spicy meatball pizza.
Michaelangelo and his board, they will provide this pizza.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Starfire's projectile is so slow that this works 100% confirmed. Just watch out, she can mbtrait and blow you up.