What's new

Guide - Kung Lao How to do the Fist Fury "11212" string on Arcade Stick or D-pad (w audio cues)

CaptainCM

Certified trash
Indeed, this string is the cornerstone of Lao's pressure game - learn it.
Personally, I do it differently depending on a peripheral used: on a pad I slide 2~1~2, on a stick I just tap them as normal.
I've never had a problem with this type of strings, due to mentally breaking them down into parts. In this case, my pattern is 11-212-4.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Indeed, this string is the cornerstone of Lao's pressure game - learn it.
Personally, I do it differently depending on a peripheral used: on a pad I slide 2~1~2, on a stick I just tap them as normal.
I've never had a problem with this type of strings, due to mentally breaking them down into parts. In this case, my pattern is 11-212-4.
yep, that's plinking. I mean the 212 part, need to be done all at once in order to recodnize, that's how plinking works, if you ever played Tekken or SF before SF5 Chun Li lightning legs were done the exact same way, its a sort of piano inputs.

CaptainCM

Certified trash
yep, that's plinking. I mean the 212 part, need to be done all at once in order to recodnize, that's how plinking works, if you ever played Tekken or SF before SF5 Chun Li lightning legs were done the exact same way, its a sort of piano inputs.
Tekken is my main game actually, but I don't think it has much plinking involved (King's multi-throws come to mind).

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I know this is a Lao thread but you didn't need to tag people who can already do the string lol. Good for those who can't and play on stick though.

Darumm

Noob
I used to have a lot of trouble with the string (with gamepad) until I started doing 1-12-12, I press the 1 and then slide from 1 to 2 two times