What's new

How to deal with Scorpion’s TP on block

also no one really complains about the amp teleport. why do so many assume this?
First complain was the amp tele.
After learning blocking and punishing it - the cancel is also complained (it f*cks up the blocking).

This teleport can not be loved by the opponent for sure lol.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Finally someone who gets it.

Some people just seem to legitimately dislike the character and won't be happy until he is LITERALLY the ass bottom of bottom tier with NO options whatsoever, a free punchbag.
lol i'd definitely like scorpion to be bottom tier cuz im tired of facing him. still he is very punishable, and i rarely run into a good scorpion.

DeftMonk

Noob
These dudes don’t lab at all lol. I was getting my ass kicked by Liu Kang’s f43u3 string. It’s like +4 on block lol. So I hit the lab, found a gap I can jab punish and I can flawless block the last hit lol. LAB!
Bro welcome to test your might... but don't come around here talkin to two people that i've seen posting on this site for literally years like your gonna give them advice. Especially when the advice is "bro get out of range of his jump kick and wait for tp duh!" We aren't talking about some monkey that allows you to do that 3-4 times a match. That gap in Liu's String is about as big as a football stadium btw if you are flawless block punishing that shit you are wasting a bar.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
also no one really complains about the amp teleport. why do so many assume this?
Yes they have, otherwise I wouldn’t have made this thread. On TYM, twitter, irl, discord, etc.

Bro welcome to test your might... but don't come around here talkin to two people that i've seen posting on this site for literally years like your gonna give them advice. Especially when the advice is "bro get out of range of his jump kick and wait for tp duh!" We aren't talking about some monkey that allows you to do that 3-4 times a match. That gap in Liu's String is about as big as a football stadium btw if you are flawless block punishing that shit you are wasting a bar.
I been on TYM since 2011 lmao. You’re not wasting a bar. All it takes is 1 successful u2 from a fb to make him think about it. The string is +4, so he can rinse/ repeat it in most cases.

EDIT: how can you waste a bar in a game where meter builds on its own? Lmao have a seat dude.

it's because the cancle in combination with the new meter system makes it scrubby. maybe it's not op or anything but it sure is annoying as hell.
It’s certainly scrubby, & a lot of characters have moves to alter jumps. Kabal’s air saw, Subz air axe, Scorpion TP, etc. The fact is it’s a gimmick & it doesn’t really work when you know what’s up.

I played a Subz mirror in ranked. The guy would literally jump kick > throw or air axe > slide lol. I couldn’t stop laughing.

I been on TYM since 2011 lmao. You’re not wasting a bar. All it takes is 1 successful u2 from a fb to make him think about it. The string is +4, so he can rinse/ repeat it in most cases.

EDIT: how can you waste a bar in a game where meter builds on its own? Lmao have a seat dude.
I rather waste 2 bars for 300 with u2 lol. The more waste the better

It’s certainly scrubby, & a lot of characters have moves to alter jumps. Kabal’s air saw, Subz air axe, Scorpion TP, etc. The fact is it’s a gimmick & it doesn’t really work when you know what’s up.

I played a Subz mirror in ranked. The guy would literally jump kick > throw or air axe > slide lol. I couldn’t stop laughing.
Compared to ij2 it is not more complex (altering jump).

So ....

Since the regular teleport is -20, instead of punishing as soon as you can, wait just slightly to punish. You cannot amplify the teleport super late after it’s blocked, so by waiting to punish for around 1 SECOND (2 quicker seconds if you start the count as soon as you block the teleport) you will cover blocking both options and being able to punish. Also, amplify teleport is -14 on block but punishing the amplified version isn’t the issue.

This does make the regular teleport a little more safe, probably around -12 or so instead of -20. But 12 frames is still plenty of time to punish. Don’t quote me on the 12 frames but it’s close to that I think...
Dude, 1 frame is a 1/60th of a second. Are you telling me that waiting for 8frames (between -20 and -12) feels like a second to you? Maybe you have a godlike reaction, but from my experience it is impossible to confirm that there will be no Amplification on the tele and still punish it with anything, especially in a real match. Maybe you can get the timing down in training, but I am calling it bullshit.

Byites

Wilson
I don’t understand why he doesn’t do the blanka ball like he does on block in the old games. I think that would be fair for every teleport that hits you in the game. I would like to see it changed to a high or make it so you cannot do the ex version on block.

Dude, 1 frame is a 1/60th of a second. Are you telling me that waiting for 8frames (between -20 and -12) feels like a second to you? Maybe you have a godlike reaction, but from my experience it is impossible to confirm that there will be no Amplification on the tele and still punish it with anything, especially in a real match. Maybe you can get the timing down in training, but I am calling it bullshit.
It can be done in a match depending on the defensive skills of the player.

The amp window on the TP is generous. The window is from startup until TP actually hits lol. Most players do it on block because of this. It can’t be delayed though, so if you master the timing you shouldn’t have an issue jab punishing.

I don’t understand why he doesn’t do the blanka ball like he does on block in the old games. I think that would be fair for every teleport that hits you in the game. I would like to see it changed to a high or make it so you cannot do the ex version on block.
I lol’d at blanka ball.

Even if they brought the blanka ball state back you’d still have to wait and punish lol. I think Milleena’a ball roll had the blanka ball state in MKX.

It can be done in a match depending on the defensive skills of the player.

The amp window on the TP is generous. The window is from startup until TP actually hits lol. Most players do it on block because of this. It can’t be delayed though, so if you master the timing you shouldn’t have an issue jab punishing.
Should I start labbing or just waiting for nerf?
I do not wanna waste a bar of my life lol.

Should I start labbing or just waiting for nerf?
I do not wanna waste a bar of my life lol.
The complaints won’t stop lol. If they nerf amp TP on block, they will complain about the cancel. If they made TP a high, they will complain about breakaway stopping their d2 KB combos lmao.

The complaints won’t stop lol. If they nerf amp TP on block, they will complain about the cancel. If they made TP a high, they will complain about breakaway stopping their d2 KB combos lmao.
Ok I went to the lab and see this lol.
I found that even the timing is not needed to be learnt... I could punish with 7F jab even after I saw that he pulled back his knife... And checked that way after than the AMP tele hit.

So if you need visual you can get it.
But the timing is not that difficult either. Block stun is pretty big so you have more than (-20 F) enough time to punish - you have less time to block on reaction than time to punish.

In practice room everything is easier though. But it did not look impossible at all - just believe in you... you want to punish scrub Scorpion IMMEDIATELY but do not rush you have plenty of time lol.

Reacting cancel is different story though. But I did not spend more than 1 minutes in lab, yet. Probably will lab it after I got bodied by a Reborn Scorpion lol.
Or just post another complain thread... :D

Last edited:
Ok I went to the lab and see this lol.
I found that even the timing is not needed to be learnt... I could punish with 7F jab even after I saw that he pulled back his knife... And checked that way after than the AMP tele hit.

So if you need visual you can get it.
But the timing is not that difficult either. Block stun is pretty big so you have more than (-20 F) enough time to punish - you have less time to block on reaction than time to punish.

In practice room everything is easier though. But it did not look impossible at all - just believe in you... you want to punish scrub Scorpion IMMEDIATELY but do not rush you have plenty of time lol.

Reacting cancel is different story though. But I did not spend more than 1 minutes in lab, yet. Probably will lab it after I got bodied by a Reborn Scorpion lol.
Or just post another complain thread... :D
For the cancel I recommend practicing throw techs & neutral crouch throw punishing.

He only gets oki from f. Throw, so he’ll use it most of the time. He also gets KB from forward throw. Practice throw techs!! He has to condition you with throw to open you up.

Last edited:
For the cancel I recommend practicing throw techs & neutral crouch throw punishing.

He only gets oki from f. Throw, so he’ll use it most of the time. He also gets KB from forward throw. Practice throw techs as well. He has to condition you with throw to open you up.
D2 on reaction is good for teching fwd throw too if I am late with the D2 punish haha.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It’s not a reaction, you wait a second (I didn’t stopwatch time it, y’all can do the frame by frame science if you want). If they amp you block, then punish the -14 amp tp. If they don’t amp, you still have time to punish. You gotta practice the timing to make it muscle memory. That way it isn’t a guess.

I come up with solutions to problems not more complaints. If I can’t find a solution, which is VERY rarely, then I’ll suggest a change. Key word, suggest. Not demand.

But it’s cool either way. If removing the ability to amp on block will stop y’all from complaining then so be it, it has never benefitted me so I’m fine with it changing. But there is options against it if you care to put the time in in the meantime.

D2 on reaction is good for teching fwd throw too if I am late with the D2 punish haha.
I’d recommend pressing 4 for f.throw techs. If you’re crouching he’ll eat a d4 if he was baiting a throw tech. If you d1/d2 you’ll eat a B1 to the face lol.

Last edited:
It’s not a reaction, you wait a second (I didn’t stopwatch time it, y’all can do the frame by frame science if you want). If they amp you block, then punish the -14 amp tp. If they don’t amp, you still have time to punish. You gotta practice the timing to make it muscle memory. That way it isn’t a guess.

I come up with solutions to problems not more complaints. If I can’t find a solution, which is VERY rarely, then I’ll suggest a change. Key word, suggest. Not demand.

But it’s cool either way. If removing the ability to amp on block will stop y’all from complaining then so be it, it has never benefitted me so I’m fine with it changing. But there is options against it if you care to put the time in in the meantime.
Too much good tips in that thread.
Who really want a solution can find.

Who just want to give out the salt in the forum can keep writing. :)

Please no more tips... only with that post Scorpion felt 2 ranks in the tierlist! Well done!

I have to switch to Erron or Geras.

Sazbak

Noob
Can you guys consistently react to the teleport btw or you just mix in blocks into your footsies against Scorpion like me?
I play online mostly and I can't react to it. I was wondering it's just me and also if there is a significant difference between online and offline play when it comes to reaction to this 23f move.

Yeah I learned the hard way that if you try to punish Scorpion's hellport with your hardest hitting button, you can get your ass whopped if he had meter at the time.
Basically go for your standing jabs and hit a lower damage combo, except if he's out of meter or you know through a read that he won't amp.