What's new

How to deal with Scorpion’s TP on block

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
My boy plays Geras, Noob, and sonya. You can’t counterpoke with f3 sir lmao. You have to couterpoke with low pokes to get your space. If someone is throwing f3 at point blank range or counterpoking with it....guess what? You’re letting him lol.

I play scorpion and I know the character better than you clearly. You’re the one getting your ass handed to you with Teleport gimmicks lol.
Girl do you even know how to read? Like... at all? I never suggested you should counterpoke with f3 EVER, I literally even told you how to use it because you were downplaying f3 and I never mentioned it as a counterpoke and when I say he has good pokes I mean d1/d3/d4, I know what I am talking about, there’s no need to put words on my mouth.

I mean even the best players know how strong Scorpion is, some people even think he might be the best in the game... but yeah.... ya’ll Scorpion players can keep pretending you are struggling out there as much as you want.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Finally someone who gets it.

Some people just seem to legitimately dislike the character and won't be happy until he is LITERALLY the ass bottom of bottom tier with NO options whatsoever, a free punchbag.
Exactly.

Also, for you new-ish folks who don't know how the cycles goes around here...getting mad about a character in Week Two is like getting mad your baseball team had a shitty April. The season JUST started, and literally everything we know to be real right now could change in August or September once Evo #1 is in the books, if not sooner because who the hell knows with NRS. Some of you are losing your shit over a meta that's probably going to be altered to a grandiose degree before the summer is over. Look at MKX at launch and where we ended up in the fall, let alone by MKXL.

I think 52 Pickup Erron Black is total antithesis horseshit. Know why I'm not super mad about it? Because there's a damn good chance I'll only have to deal with it until summer is over and Sonic has won enough shows that they can redistribute his wealth and no one will bat an eye. So I wait and I learn in the meantime.
I don't say this to be the cynical "git gud nOOb" asshole, but people really need to keep their rounds in the holster until they've figured out how to shoot.

Girl do you even know how to read? Like... at all? I never suggested you should counterpoke with f3 EVER, I literally even told you how to use it because you were downplaying f3 and I never mentioned it as a counterpoke and when I say he has good pokes I mean d1/d3/d4, I know what I am talking about, there’s no need to put words on my mouth.

I mean even the best players know how strong Scorpion is, some people even think he might be the best in the game... but yeah.... ya’ll Scorpion players can keep pretending you are struggling out there as much as you want.
Can we just see some of your footage? Lol

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
All this crying really makes me want to see how badly ppl will ragequit the game if they had to deal with Misery Blade...

Lets say.... b14 xx db1... 3 (poke) then immediate f42 ... if the 2 is blocked, then db1,4 (low). If the 2 isn't blocked, combo. Or start with f42... if blocked, db1,3 (poke) b14 xx db1,2... etc.

I've had so many ragequits over Misery Blade mixup I'm legit surprised there's been no screaming yet :p Must be coz nobody cares about losing in unranked.

I think 52 Pickup Erron Black is total antithesis horseshit. Know why I'm not super mad about it? Because there's a damn good chance I'll only have to deal with it until summer is over and Sonic has won enough shows that they can redistribute his wealth and no one will bat an eye. So I wait and I learn in the meantime.
My only problem really is SonicFox abusing top tier broken like he usually does and scooping all the 'month one' tourney money. What I wouldn't give for say, NinjaKilla to actually show up to a tourney and Perfect 13gend his ass.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
All this crying really makes me want to see how badly ppl will ragequit the game if they had to deal with Misery Blade...

Lets say.... b14 xx db1... 3 (poke) then immediate f42 ... if the 2 is blocked, then db1,4 (low). If the 2 isn't blocked, combo. Or start with f42... if blocked, db1,3 (poke) b14 xx db1,2... etc.

I've had so many ragequits over Misery Blade mixup I'm legit surprised there's been no screaming yet :p Must be coz nobody cares about losing in unranked.

My only problem really is SonicFox abusing top tier broken like he usually does and scooping all the 'month one' tourney money. What I wouldn't give for say, NinjaKilla to actually show up to a tourney and Perfect 13gend his ass.
NinjaKilla just went to his first tournament, the one I went to yesterday in Atlanta. There were 104 people there it was insane. He won the event, I placed 13th. He used Kang the whole way.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
NinjaKilla just went to his first tournament, the one I went to yesterday in Atlanta. There were 104 people there it was insane. He won the event, I placed 13th. He used Kang the whole way.
I'll be supporting him for sure. He has a really strong offensive game and knows how to pressure hard. A lot of ppl wrote him off because of how literally broken DF Liu Kang was in MKX but they don't take into consideration how frigging hard it is to USE DF LK at that level. Broken sure, but if you or I picked him up I doubt we'd be able to serve someone like SonicFox his balls on a plate 20-3.

Being able to serve one of the best in the business his balls that hard takes real skill, broken character or not.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
man,never thought i'd see scorpions teleport being a thing that got complained about in an mk game.....weird.
IKR... Nevermind that, I can't remember an MK ever when Scorpion was ever even HIGH tier nevermind top... Its kind of funny as Scorpion is Boon's favorite and main... and you'd think he'd get allll the special love and treatment coz of that.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Safe?:eek: in what part? I want video proof of this.
The fact that meterburn launches for a full combo and that Jade has no comeback potential and cannot zone Scorpion, makes the cancel a safe option to get out of pressure or to start pressure. You have to pick to either d4 the cancel and risk eating the combo or to block and risk eating the cancel. Furthermore the cancel makes Scorpion able to bait anti-airs and get out of any pressure Jade can start, safely.

IKR... Nevermind that, I can't remember an MK ever when Scorpion was ever even HIGH tier nevermind top... Its kind of funny as Scorpion is Boon's favorite and main... and you'd think he'd get allll the special love and treatment coz of that.
Okay in mk11he is top tier he deserves the complains/cries. :)

The fact that meterburn launches for a full combo and that Jade has no comeback potential and cannot zone Scorpion, makes the cancel a safe option to get out of pressure or to start pressure. You have to pick to either d4 the cancel and risk eating the combo or to block and risk eating the cancel. Furthermore the cancel makes Scorpion able to bait anti-airs and get out of any pressure Jade can start, safely.
Did you think about the fact that Scorpion might counter Jade in general and even without tele cancel?
Jade anti-projectile tool is useless against him and he can punish Jade pretty well - Jade can not play her full potential!

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Did you think about the fact that Scorpion might counter Jade in general and even without tele cancel?
Jade anti-projectile tool is useless against him and he can punish Jade pretty well - Jade can not play her full potential!
You don't say.

i never understood why it is so hard for some people to punish.

I only got hit by this "stagger" teleport a few times on day 1. Never again since then.
Just punish it with a little delay, just like Juggs said, use your fastest string and you're good to go.

Works 95% of the time for me (sometimes i miss the punish window due to the delay, but it's my fault for not being quick enough), but i'm never getting hit or letting them abuse it

If I had to put it simply. Jade's risk/reward is already skewed and Scorpion with teleport cancel just further worsens this situation.
Unfortunately it is true - I labbed Jade recently as my friend picked her up and I saw that many unsafe stuff. That does not mean she is free.

But I am not Jade expert and do not see her gameplan properly.
Honeybee said Jade was underrated yet.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Unfortunately it is true - I labbed Jade recently as my friend picked her up and I saw that many unsafe stuff. That does not mean she is free.

But I am not Jade expert and do not see her gameplan properly.
Honeybee said Jade was underrated yet.
I labbed this matchup extensively.
All I have to tell you is I hope my trust in NRS will not be misplaced.
I'm sick of Jade struggling uphill in every game.

i never understood why it is so hard for some people to punish.

I only got hit by this "stagger" teleport a few times on day 1. Never again since then.
Just punish it with a little delay, just like Juggs said, use your fastest string and you're good to go.

Works 95% of the time for me (sometimes i miss the punish window due to the delay, but it's my fault for not being quick enough), but i'm never getting hit or letting them abuse it
I will try to lab a fuzzy for the cancel as well. :)
Cancel confirm into D1/D2/S1 lol or something like that to awoid throw, etc.

I do not think it's impossible but probably difficult. Reborn Scorpion needs to be challenged on tele cancel. Even on read. Scorpion loses def on cancel... Eating a full combo after cancel is not what he wants lol.

This is one reason I rather use Searing Rage. He seems more balanced and versatile.
I dont want to use my def meter for offense where I can use it for wake up/fb cancel/breakaway.

But I would use cancel for hitconfirm and get out of bad situations which is ok as def meter.

But it's just personal preference.

Last edited: