What's new

How to deal with Scorpion’s TP on block

You don't appreciate how braindead one-button-character level bullshit teleport cancel is, dude. He can teleport anytime, anywhere on screen for little to no risk and massive reward. He can circumvent anti-airs and mix up his jump-in combo into a combo on ground. He can punish you for trying to punish something otherwise punishable.
This is not game balance this is fucking ridiculous and you need to understand that he does NOT need this because if he doesn't lose THIS, he'll be nerfed into the dirt in other ways and trust me, you don't want Paulo's hand to decide what ELSE to nerf about him. Trust me, he can do much worse than losing the cancel.
Can I see some of y’alls match footage lol. The advice would be better if I can see how y’all actually play.

Yeah you clearly have no idea about this character... hat’s not even all he has, and you are basically telling me to walk me to the corner and let him jump for free which I said... at that distance why the hell would he even jump into teleport!?

UMMMM.... are you serious? A move like this shouldn’t have the layers it has, it makes no sense at all. It’s actually pretty stupid how good this move is and as I said, he has other great tools.... he is actually the “no weakness” character in this game along with Geras.
One of his weaknesses is close range. He doesn't have a fast mid to keep you off of him. You can literally stop all his offense from point blank range if your poke game is up to par.

And since everyone’s wake up game is the same in general it’s not hard to keep someone cornered depending on the stage.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Can I see some of y’alls match footage lol. The advice would be better if I can see how y’all actually play.
Raw teleports all day erry day, block button unmapped.

I can't believe some of the shit I'm hearing here... Do people LEGITIMATELY believe Scorpion is overpowered? Christ... I'm losing faith in humanity fast enough every day, don't make it worse.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
One of his weaknesses is close range. He doesn't have a fast mid to keep you off of him. You can literally stop all his offense from point blank range if your poke game is up to par.

And since everyone’s wake up game is the same in general it’s not hard to keep someone cornered depending on the stage.
You were telling me to space away from his jump in so if he jumps his air normals whiff and I can react to the teleport, but in this scenario why the hell would he even teleport nor jump? Good Scorpion players ain’t gonna do that.

Well.... this was it for me! GGs. The fact that you think Scorpion has a weakness in the close range is enough to stop arguing with you... he has one of the best, if not the best stagger game off f34, the string off f3 with the spear and his grabs, not to mention he has some of the best pokes in the game AND he can basically chip you out for free if your health is low in most cases with that spear spin move. Also it’s nice that you mention the wake-up game. Actually he has some of the best wake-ups, u3 advances him and is just -2 on block, u2 has an amazing hitbox... not every character can say that

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Leave Scorpion alone.

There is nothing this character has outside of the Teleport (and his Searing Spaghetti, and even that gets less scary once you can block the mix) to give any character reason to fear him. It is what makes everything about him make sense.

Seriously. This isn't pre-patch IJ1 Scorpion.
Is he going to get touched? Almost definitely, eventually. But compared to Erron Black? Or even Geras or Sonya? Nah, fam.

You were telling me to space away from his jump in so if he jumps his air normals whiff and I can react to the teleport, but in this scenario why the hell would he even teleport nor jump? Good Scorpion players ain’t gonna do that.

Well.... this was it for me! GGs. The fact that you think Scorpion has a weakness in the close range is enough to stop arguing with you... he has one of the best, if not the best stagger game off f34, the string off f3 with the spear and his grabs, not to mention he has some of the best pokes in the game AND he can basically chip you out for free if your health is low in most cases with that spear spin move. Also it’s nice that you mention the wake-up game. Actually he has some of the best wake-ups, u3 advances him and is just -2 on block, u2 has an amazing hitbox... not every character can say that
Do you have a YT channel? Upload a match of you vs Scorpion. I need to see how you’re playing. Who are you using?

Bro f3 is like 13f mid. You need space to get it off. You can’t even counter poke with f3. Characters with fast pokes or fast mids dominate him in close range. He works best at the mid range. Just outside d4 distance.

This isn’t an argument, it’s an attempt to teach someone who clearly doesn’t understand a character that I do understand.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Leave Scorpion alone.

There is nothing this character has outside of the Teleport (and his Searing Spaghetti, and even that gets less scary once you can block the mix) to give any character reason to fear him. It is what makes everything about him make sense.

Is he going to get touched? Almost definitely, eventually. But compared to Erron Black? Or even Geras or Sonya? Nah, fam.
Finally someone who gets it.

Some people just seem to legitimately dislike the character and won't be happy until he is LITERALLY the ass bottom of bottom tier with NO options whatsoever, a free punchbag.

Leave Scorpion alone.

Th
Raw teleports all day erry day, block button unmapped.

I can't believe some of the shit I'm hearing here... Do people LEGITIMATELY believe Scorpion is overpowered? Christ... I'm losing faith in humanity fast enough every day, don't make it worse.
you can tell who’s lab’n and who ain’t lol.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Th

you can tell who’s lab’n and who ain’t lol.
I'm a Scorpion main obviously and I've felt ever since not being allowed to use Misery Blade that he needs more. Every time I win a match, its NOT because of superior skills or tactics... its simply because the other side DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO BLOCK THE HELLPORT correctly.

Not like its HARD to block it... just... BLOCK FFS! What's so hard in HOLDING BLOCK for a bit? Do people honestly legitimately not realize that BOTH HITS ARE UNSAFE? There are no goddamn tricks whatsoever to this... just BLOCK for ONE GODDAMN SECOND!... its almost like its one precious second more they're losing that they could be spending bitching on forums about wanting the character nerfed instead!

Imagine playing any of these whiners in unranked/casual where you have Misery Blade and Demon Dash allowed... Quitality all day erry day.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Whole cast has unsafe launcher and safe armored. Both can be easily baited and whiff punished. From your green text and avi I’ll assume you use Jade.....a character with enough range to blow up Scorp’s wake ups lol.
1. Wakeup game is not the same for everyone. Please research instead of spreading false information.
2. The Jade-Scorpion matchup is a bad one heavily in Scorpion's favour exactly because of the safe teleport.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm a Scorpion main obviously and I've felt ever since not being allowed to use Misery Blade that he needs more. Every time I win a match, its NOT because of superior skills or tactics... its simply because the other side DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO BLOCK THE HELLPORT correctly.

Not like its HARD to block it... just... BLOCK FFS! What's so hard in HOLDING BLOCK for a bit? Do people honestly legitimately not realize that BOTH HITS ARE UNSAFE? There are no goddamn tricks whatsoever to this... just BLOCK for ONE GODDAMN SECOND!... its almost like its one precious second more they're losing that they could be spending bitching on forums about wanting the character nerfed instead!

Imagine playing any of these whiners in unranked/casual where you have Misery Blade and Demon Dash allowed... Quitality all day erry day.
It's not the MB Teleport it's the cancel option on top of the MB option.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Do you have a YT channel? Upload a match of you vs Scorpion. I need to see how you’re playing. Who are you using?

Bro f3 is like 13f mid. You need space to get it off. You can’t even counter poke with f3. Characters with fast pokes or fast mids dominate him in close range. He works best at the mid range. Just outside d4 distance.

This isn’t an argument, it’s an attempt to teach someone who clearly doesn’t understand a character that I do understand.
Friend... most mids are around that start-up range and Scorpion has one of the best ones.

Do I really have to teach you how to take advantage of this great mid? you can use it as a meaty, you can use it after a poke on hit and to be quite honest all it takes is one blocked f3 from Scorpion to start his offense because of all the options he has off it.

His pokes in general are decent, or in d4’s case, great.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
It's not the MB Teleport it's the cancel option on top of the MB option.
And once again, what part of BOTH HITS ARE TOTALLY UNSAFE do you not get? I'm sorry but is this getting through to you?

You've got multiple ppl here trying to tell you how to deal with it... its like...

You: I'm mad!
Us: Here's a solution
You: I don't want a solution! I want to be mad!

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
And once again, what part of BOTH HITS ARE TOTALLY UNSAFE do you not get? I'm sorry but is this getting through to you?

You've got multiple ppl here trying to tell you how to deal with it... its like...

You: I'm mad!
Us: Here's a solution
You: I don't want a solution! I want to be mad!
Again. I know how to deal with the MB Teleport.
It's the cancel that's a problem.

These dudes don’t lab at all lol. I was getting my ass kicked by Liu Kang’s f43u3 string. It’s like +4 on block lol. So I hit the lab, found a gap I can jab punish and I can flawless block the last hit lol. LAB!

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Again. I know how to deal with the MB Teleport.
It's the cancel that's a problem.
So now you're talking about the Reborn variation Hellport cancel? Ok yeah that one is SUPPOSED to be a mix up option as a trade off for very significant damage output loss. It also COSTS DEFENSIVE METER which means if Hellport is cancelled and we get caught in a big combo WE CANNOT BREAKAWAY!

And in light of that, its a problem?....

I really, really, very damn seriously want to see how you'd deal with Misery Blade... I really do.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
So now you're talking about the Reborn variation Hellport cancel? Ok yeah that one is SUPPOSED to be a mix up option as a trade off for very significant damage output loss. It also COSTS DEFENSIVE METER which means if Hellport is cancelled and we get caught in a big combo WE CANNOT BREAKAWAY!

And in light of that, its a problem?....

I really, really, very damn seriously want to see how you'd deal with Misery Blade... I really do.
Probably nohow with how Jade's only launcher is i28, so you don't need breakaway against her and if she tries to use any button your teleport comes out before the move reaches you.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Probably nohow with how Jade's only launcher is i28, so you don't need breakaway against her and if she tries to use any button your teleport comes out before the move reaches you.
Jade/Skarlet vs Scorpion is pretty much a game of chicken. You're trying to bait and punish the Hellport while we're trying to read your bait attempt. You can't disrespect us coz of Hellport, but at the same time we cannot just throw it out as you can punish it.

I'd say it makes for interesting game.

Friend... most mids are around that start-up range and Scorpion has one of the best ones.

Do I really have to teach you how to take advantage of this great mid? you can use it as a meaty, you can use it after a poke on hit and to be quite honest all it takes is one blocked f3 from Scorpion to start his offense because of all the options he has off it.

His pokes in general are decent, or in d4’s case, great.
My boy plays Geras, Noob, and sonya. You can’t counterpoke with f3 sir lmao. You have to couterpoke with low pokes to get your space. If someone is throwing f3 at point blank range or counterpoking with it....guess what? You’re letting him lol.

I play scorpion and I know the character better than you clearly. You’re the one getting your ass handed to you with Teleport gimmicks lol.

Jade/Skarlet vs Scorpion is pretty much a game of chicken. You're trying to bait and punish the Hellport while we're trying to read your bait attempt. You can't disrespect us coz of Hellport, but at the same time we cannot just throw it out as you can punish it.

Can I see some footage pls?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

Can't punish the cancel, no. It's literally either eat a throw or eat a full combo. Rather get thrown and try to guess which direction it is.