What's new

How to deal with Rain's teleport and that fast double kick?

hey guys. former Stryker main here and got bored because of how direct stryker is as a character (i was drawn to him because of Vulcan Hades' videos).

anyway, i switched to noob a few days ago after watching a video of this european (german i think?) noob player, who plays him aggressively. which was AWESOME.

now im somewhat comfortable with noob. before whenever i mistake or perform a miss hit, i panick and i lose all my concentration (but thankfully thats not the case anymore as I'm getting more comfy with noob)

so today i played a couple of matches and one thing that really annoys me is Rain's teleport. after teleporting, most players do that fast kick, and I just have no idea how to counter it. jump over when he teleports?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
You must be thinking of Madzin. You can blow Rain's teleport up with a shadow upknee as noob as long as you aren't throwing clones out left and right...hell you can blow it up with Noob's teleport as well iirc. Smarrgasm (I'm no Rain expert) :(

RYX

BIG PUSHER
what is the fast kick? his 43 string?

You can just 212 him on reaction when he teleports, if he teleports after you throw a clone, depending how soon he does it, you can just block the kicks and poke out. Jump kick teleport should work too

yeah its Madzin!

and 212 is fast enough? hmm...

with stryker, if Rain teleports, i just do 1,1 which is 11 frames according to the stryker data thread.

ah yes 212 is fast enough..

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Well. 2 is 10 frames, his standing 4 is 10 frames but he has recovery frames, so yeah, 2 will pretty much beat everything Rain does standing and not armored. I'm pretty sure there's a spot while he's doing that little hop as he reforms you can hit him with a combo anyway.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
rain is -12 on a teleport, so whatever move that noob has that is less than 12 frames.... if this is online however, don't beat yourself up about not being able to full combo punish it *looks at reptile as he elbow dashes*

Vagrant

Noob
Rain shouldn't be randomly throwing out teleport, its unsafe. punish it with a quick combo starter. wait for a safe gap in the 43 rh cancels and poke/jumpl/whatever out. be careful counterpoking though or rh will blow you up

Thanks so much guys.

Omg it is so stressful to play as noob. Its my second day as him but god...

Does anyone here play the same style as Madzin? I mean like you play pressure too and not zone all the time. Or is Madzin the only one who can do so? Lol

Vagrant

Noob
Thanks so much guys.

Omg it is so stressful to play as noob. Its my second day as him but god...

Does anyone here play the same style as Madzin? I mean like you play pressure too and not zone all the time. Or is Madzin the only one who can do so? Lol
All High level noobs are effective with him using both playstyles.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
hey guys. former Stryker main here and got bored because of how direct stryker is as a character (i was drawn to him because of Vulcan Hades' videos).

anyway, i switched to noob a few days ago after watching a video of this european (german i think?) noob player, who plays him aggressively. which was AWESOME.

now im somewhat comfortable with noob. before whenever i mistake or perform a miss hit, i panick and i lose all my concentration (but thankfully thats not the case anymore as I'm getting more comfy with noob)

so today i played a couple of matches and one thing that really annoys me is Rain's teleport. after teleporting, most players do that fast kick, and I just have no idea how to counter it. jump over when he teleports?
Madzin always punished me with 2, 1, 2.

At 02:50.