What's new

Match-up Discussion How To Deal With Possessed Teleport "Pressure"

I use the term "Pressure" loosely. Nevertheless, this isn't for the experienced players who have likely already found out, or have their own means. But for the newer players who may be getting "Harrassed" by Possessed Online.

This is the video I was working on earlier. Possessed Kenshi players are beginning to pop up quite a bit, at least for me. I've been labbing the match up looking for ways out of the supposed "Pressure" that Possessed gets off of 42 and 421 Teleport. Jump in punch is the easiest to counter, with a D2 or a low profiling move. The NJP is a bit harder, and armor was the only consistent defense I had short of a back-dash.

However the method shown in the video, a quick cross under, although difficult is entirely possible to do on reaction and will lead to a Trip Guard combo for no meter (depending on the character).

Not sure if this is universal, but even Goro can do this so I'd bet it is. It's difficult and requires practice. Hence why you'll have to look to the Lab to find your character's best answer.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
So I need to lab this to see if Leatherface can get around it with a forward dash. Cuz if so PL might be the way to go for me.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Some characters have very few answers for this.

For example, Balanced Kenshi can't backdash, can't do low profiling moves, and can't d2 with consistence at all. Relying on armor to stop this sucks, of course. But running under the teleport works (some characters can even simply forward dash) and gives full punish.

To stop raw teleports, walk back works pretty well.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Kenshi has an answer for most backdashes. He can NJP and empty teleport into a b1. Pig will exploit people everytime if he reads you just backdashing out of 42 or 421.Possessed is a good variation and that teleport is not a gimmick unless you are a nub who just throws it out all game in the neutral.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Some characters have very few answers for this.

For example, Balanced Kenshi can't backdash, can't do low profiling moves, and can't d2 with consistence at all. Relying on armor to stop this sucks, of course. But running under the teleport works (some characters can even simply forward dash) and gives full punish.

To stop raw teleports, walk back works pretty well.

lul kenshi players able to downplay their upplay of their own character

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
"some character have few answers more balanced kenshi complaining etc"

who cares if you can't backdash or d2 or armor lul. welcome to being half the cast. its downplaying for the sake of it. kenshi has the answers that actually matter.

by complaining about your lack of irrelevant options while upplaying this teleport gimmicks strengths against your character. they happen to be the same character... so like i said lul

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
"some character have few answers more balanced kenshi complaining etc"

who cares if you can't backdash or d2 or armor lul. welcome to being half the cast. its downplaying for the sake of it. kenshi has the answers that actually matter.

by complaining about your lack of irrelevant options while upplaying this teleport gimmicks strengths against your character. they happen to be the same character... so like i said lul
This is a thread about Kenshi, excuse me if I dare speak about Kenshi.

Btw, Kenshi has like bottom 5 backdash, in case you don't know yet, so I call bs on that half of the cast statement. The answers that Kenshi has vs Possessed 42 teleport and 421 teleport are listed in my comment.

Tym, the place where people complain when they are given information...

Get out. lul