What's new

Question - Cryomancer How to deal with players who jump a lot?

Durango

Enhancer
Whether it's mid-screen to avoid your F33 or to counter-punish you after using Cold Blooded (F421+3) in the corner, jumps seem to be the primary reason to beat out a Sub-Zero. I've already had a player jump around and jump-punch me and beat out my EX Ice Bomb and outprioritize my D2 uppercut. When I do Cold Blooded in the corner, I'm prone to using D2 (which they block) or JI2 to stop their jump and combo (which they simply stand there and I whiff the punch, so they get me in the corner).

D2 is punishable on block. Jump-punches can be beaten out or simply avoided by standing. I feel we're really limited on options to beat out players who jump on reaction to Cold Blooded and hoping we can find more ways to prepare.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Whether it's mid-screen to avoid your F33 or to counter-punish you after using Cold Blooded (F421+3) in the corner, jumps seem to be the primary reason to beat out a Sub-Zero. I've already had a player jump around and jump-punch me and beat out my EX Ice Bomb and outprioritize my D2 uppercut. When I do Cold Blooded in the corner, I'm prone to using D2 (which they block) or JI2 to stop their jump and combo (which they simply stand there and I whiff the punch, so they get me in the corner).

D2 is punishable on block. Jump-punches can be beaten out or simply avoided by standing. I feel we're really limited on options to beat out players who jump on reaction to Cold Blooded and hoping we can find more ways to prepare.
If you're close, neutral jump punch is great.
But that's only if close..

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
This sounds like a spacing problem. That d2 is godlike. sometimes if I'm point blank and read jump I'll do a jump back punch or kick. You mostly have to read and punish their jumps till they don't see it as an option.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
You can easily react to jump ins after Cold Blooded. Even if you trade (which is unlikely) you still get more damage. If you don't trade you can followup with a slide as well. In the corner they can't NJ or BJ either because once again you can react. If you don't want to take a chance and have a bar use DB1 and armor through it. From there you can run into Cold Blooded regardless of height for 27%. Hope this helps.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
If I think the opponent will jump after Cold Blooded, I just commit to that read, and use standing 1 for AA, then cold blooded again. If they jump again and you punish them the exact same way, you are playing against an idiot, so, win the match, then select "find next opponent".