What's new

How to deal with Frost's Core Discharge

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I've discovered something new regarding Frost's Core Discharge just now, in addition to my latest discovery about the move a few days ago. In case you missed it, if Frost shoots the close version of the projectile and the opponent crouches, the Core Discharge will always whiff even if the opponent blocks, unlike the medium and far versions which will hit the opponent on block and whiff only if they neutral duck. If the opponent is a character with large hurtbox like Geras or Shao Kahn however, the close version will still hit that character on block and won't whiff, but if it's a normal sized character like Shang Tsung who I'm showing in this vid, the close version will whiff the ducking opponent with or without blocking.

But here is the new thing I've found that made me wanna make this thread.

As you might remember from Injustice 2, Starfire's regular Stardust doesn't have any hitbox until the projectile explodes, so if the opponent could read which range the Stardust will reach, the opponent will be able to go through the projectile without getting hit. Now it turns out that Frost's Core Discharge works the same way, as the hitbox of the move doesn't activate until the bomb explodes at whatever range Frost sends it to. That means you can just go through the projectile as long as you can read the range of Frost's Core Discharge. This move is known to counter Anti-Zoning special moves such as Jade's Dodging Shadows purple glow, but now thanks to this find, I can now jump with Jade through the Core Discharge without worrying about the Dodging Shadows, which can help her a lot in the Match-Up against Frost.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited: